2015.12.05 - Gila River Arena, Glendale, AZ, USA

halo eighteen

Considering that Bliss was played in Houston and CE in Dallas you have a good chance!

I'm used to thinking of Phoenix as the vanilla gig and LA/Vegas/NY/Europe as the fun gigs with rarities, so here's hoping I'm wrong and we get some of the love! :LOL:

Who's queuing for this? I think I'll just show up early in the afternoon, go outlet shopping, and park in Lot G when it opens and go to the queue then. It's not worth freezing all day if you can't even get a good spot (thanks to the VIP GAs, though tbh I doubt Phoenix would have as many as other places).

Any guesses on setlist? It looks like they are going to rotate the position Bliss is in with Residtance. Apparently CE was played in Dallas because the fans requested it. I hope we don't get the shaft and get Resistance and no OoS songs.

Any guesses on setlist? It looks like they are going to rotate the position Bliss is in with Residtance. Apparently CE was played in Dallas because the fans requested it. I hope we don't get the shaft and get Resistance and no OoS songs.

As I said above, I would love Bliss and Citizen erased!

But my guess would be that we'll get plug in baby, Interlude + Hysteria, and Eurasia in the rotation slots.

Edited by MrPickles--

Tomorrowwwwwwwwwww. Driving out around 11 am, probably won't go to the venue until later, need to check into hotel and then find somewhere to eat when we get there. :LOL: Hoping for at least Bliss, don't think we'll get CE but I'll be extremely happy if we get either.

How awesome was that??? I did not expect Apocalypse Please in Phoenix, of all places, but I WILL TAKE IT! :LOL::D:happy:

My feet are sore, my head hurts, and my spine is all twisted thanks to the super tall guys pushing on my left side the whole time, but all's well with the world tonight. :chuckle: What a show!

Well that was awesome. Muse sounded phenomenal, better then last time for sure. Pretty sad we didn't get Bliss or CE but Apocalypse Please was still great. The new songs sound great live, and the visuals were top notch. Even my Dad thought they were better this time too. Fantastic night!

How full was the place? Were there many empty spots? I am starting to get worried about Philly (I am flying there in january) SO I am pretty set on plane tickets and all. I am worried the show might be postponed. I've checked the ticket sales, and it seems that lower bowl is not even sold out.

How full was the place? Were there many empty spots? I am starting to get worried about Philly (I am flying there in january) SO I am pretty set on plane tickets and all. I am worried the show might be postponed. I've checked the ticket sales, and it seems that lower bowl is not even sold out.

It wasn't full in the seats across from the ends of the stage, but everything else was full. Only like 2 sections not packed I think. Could be wrong cause I was in ga and didn't get a perfect look.

Last night was fantastic! Despite the smaller crowd, 8,000 per the person above, we were very loud. I was impressed by that because sometimes Phoenix crowds can be on the quieter side compared to other cities.

Anyways, during the show I kept thinking to myself that this is one of the most impressive tour designs ever. Muse and company have elevated the bar for everyone else. They've thought of everything. The 'Drones' were very cool. Sound was great. No glitches that I could see. I wish the stage lighting was a little bit brighter, but that is a very, very small detail.

Performance wise, the new songs sound so much better live than the record, particularly 'Mercy', 'Psycho', 'Handler' and 'Reapers'. The song selection of the older material was great, too. Nice to see that they're already mixing those up. 'Apocalypse Please' was a cool surprise.

If people have friends on the fence about going to this tour, do whatever you can to get them to go. I guarantee they will get their money's worth and more.

-Jason

Last night's show was a great start to my mini Muse tour. I should be in Vegas tonight :/ but I'll take it in January. I've already booked my room at Mandalay Bay. I was lucky enough to get a drum stick from Dom and gave it my daughter. I liked the 360 set up more than I thought I would. They definitely didn't disappoint. It was a shame they weren't able to sell more tickets though.

On to Oakland for take 2....

Hi. I saw a short clip from the show last night and it looked like the screens may block the view in the upper section in some places. Did anyone notice that? Thanks.

Are you referring to the silhouette screens that drop down and project videos for some of the songs? It's possible that they may block in the upper levels. It's more likely that if you had a seat on either stage end, either upper or lower, that you wouldn't get the full effect of those screen.

PHX got the "Apocolypse Now" setlist.. So Awesome!

The show really kicked into gear after 2nd Law with The Handler and the special stage curtain effects, then when Interlude was recognized the atmosphere elevated a notch and didn't peak until Knights. WOW, Just WOW. GREAT SHOW, wish I could have brought my kids, there is still Oakland, LA, Vegas and San Diego.... GO SEE THIS SHOW!

The stage setup with curtains and special effects are awesome, not too distracting, and love the drones!!!

The way Matt uses the rotating center stage, carefully placed mics and belting alternating choruses at different mics makes it a true "in-the-round" experience. His voice strong!

I overheard one fan on the way out...."they didn't even do an encore..." :LOL:;) But, never thought of it - the reprise of Drones makes standing there screaming and whistling for the encore unnecessary between Globalist and Mercy.

Great show. I was so happy to hear Apocalypse Please! It's one of the things on my list of best realistic expectations along with Stockholm Syndrome, Bliss and Muscle Museum. Well, maybe not so realistic but there is unrealistic list as well;).

Unexpectedly another highlight for me was Time Is Running Out, and it's despite that I absolutely loved new songs live.

For the crowd it seems the best drive was Uprising (not my favorite but the energy was superb).

On the other hand the show was not as mindblowing as they could do. Not sure why, but personally I wish they did something with Isolated System, Prelude, Interlude and Drones reprise. I wouldn't mind any by itself but together for me it was just too much too long (and I kept thinking that I could be hearing Bliss instead of this).

And btw Phantogram were a pleasant surprise, never heard them before

Edited by crush_d

I liked Phantogram, but they need to ditch the strobe lights. I had to close my eyes at times because I couldn't take it anymore. :noey:

As for Muse, I will admit that Matt is getting lazy...there were at least two songs where I remember thinking "hey! why is Morgan playing the guitar while you faff around with the crowd, Matt?" :chuckle:

Still great though. I'm about to start sorting through my pics of last night, will probably post some later. :D

AZCentral article here: http://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/music/2015/12/06/muse-concert-review-drones-tour-glendale/76883136/

It's a bit pessimistic about the small crowd, but pretty complimentary for the band.

Edited by AguanteRiver