Is the album "Drones" like real life actually?

takayanagi97

I was curious to know what other people think, mainly because I havent heard much people discussing the actual moral/message of the Drones album, I've only heard people say they like certain songs but I haven't seen anyone actually talk about the deeper conspiracy message of the album.

I thought it was very interesting but at the same time I'm asking myself like do the globalist elite not care that Muse is sorta putting them in outright spotlight?

So it's sort of confusing to me in a way

I love all the crazy conspiracy theories Matt finds and writes about, and after getting really into this album, I myself have become a teensy bit frightened of Drones as well. However, after doing a bit more research, I don't think Matt was quite right in comparing Drone warfare to the empathy gap.

From what I've read, most remote control drone pilots go through serious emotional struggles over their work and it impacts them quite negatively in a way they can feel and do not like. According to Matt (from what I can tell), being a drone pilot ought to lead one to lose his sense of empathy for other people and stop seeming human, stop having much care for taking another person's life. But most of the things I've read on the subject create quite the opposite impression: Drone pilots seem to realize the tragedy of what they're doing very well each time they watch someone die via video camera halfway across the world and know they were the cause of that death.

I do, however, think Matt is onto something about how society's increasing reliance on technology and social media and such is one of the leading factors in the creation of this unfortunate empathy gap between each of us. All of this technology has the potential to make communication very impersonal to the sender and very affecting to the reciever. This is one of those things that does scare me, and it's a subject many other artists have been inspired to say something about for at least few couple decades now, artists like Pink Floyd and Radiohead, whose music takes me personally somewhere very dark and scary but also very aligned with some current truth in the world we live in and thus very important.

I was curious to know what other people think, mainly because I havent heard much people discussing the actual moral/message of the Drones album, I've only heard people say they like certain songs but I haven't seen anyone actually talk about the deeper conspiracy message of the album.

I thought it was very interesting but at the same time I'm asking myself like do the globalist elite not care that Muse is sorta putting them in outright spotlight?

So it's sort of confusing to me in a way

It was discussed quite a lot around the time when the album first came out. There isn't really much to delve into though, it's pretty clear what the message is.

As for the whole 'globalist elite' thing - no, they don't care. Matt doesn't really say anything on the album that would make anyone in government feel attacked, undermined or threatened in any way (i.e. calling out specific people/incidents). He's pretty much just saying 'yo, drones might be bad', which is a pretty common opinion as it is.

It was discussed quite a lot around the time when the album first came out. There isn't really much to delve into though, it's pretty clear what the message is.

As for the whole 'globalist elite' thing - no, they don't care. Matt doesn't really say anything on the album that would make anyone in government feel attacked, undermined or threatened in any way (i.e. calling out specific people/incidents). He's pretty much just saying 'yo, drones might be bad', which is a pretty common opinion as it is.

This. Plus Muse aren't exactly as important in most people's eyes as, say, U2 or Coldplay (and even Coldplay's a stretch). When Muse start making attacks on the way the world works, Muse fans pay attention. When Bono does the same, he gets in the news. Matt just doesn't have the same influence, and probably never will.

I agree with everything else but at the same time I don't know guys....

The lyrics in his music doesn't only talk about Drones though. It implies war, lost moral tradition, the globalist elite destroying countries, the fall of nations, mind control, military police state, and etc....

I know you guys are talking about "the message" which Matt himself said in interviews... but we know that some interviews people don't always give the full piece to the puzzle.

I agree with everything else but at the same time I don't know guys....

The lyrics in his music doesn't only talk about Drones though. It implies war, lost moral tradition, the globalist elite destroying countries, the fall of nations, mind control, military police state, and etc....

I know you guys are talking about "the message" which Matt himself said in interviews... but we know that some interviews people don't always give the full piece to the puzzle.

Yeah, all of which are pretty vague concepts/topics that Matt discusses in an even vaguer way. Again - unless he was specifically calling out and challenging government officials by name on sketchy shit they didn't want people to know about, they wouldn't be bothered. Most of the things he discusses comes from information that's already freely available and easily accessible. Matt doesn't really write radical lyrics anyway, Assassin's probably as close as he's gotten.

Plus, as has been said, Matt and Muse don't really have the worldwide influence for anyone to really notice anyway.

Vague does not mean incomprehensible.

Though I do see what you mean. Unless you are a keen, active, and committed person who actually dissects conspiracy research, I can imagine how difficult it can be to comprehend mainly because of Matt vagueness. However vagueness does not mean it's not there.

I do agree that Matt is a bit vague, only in lyrics though, and that depends on the person as well. If someone who knows about real conspiracy research and reads Matt's lyrics, some people can click the understanding right away.

But I don't know, despite the lyrical vagueness, doesn't the song name give it away at all? The song named are usually names of shady shit in general. The Globalist Elite (Gov't/Bankers), Revolt, The Resistance, Uprising, United States of Eurasia, MK Ultra II, Apocalypse Please, and etc...

It is true that they aren't popular enough to reach the world on a global scale.... but, things might change you know...