2015.12.01 - Toyota Center, Houston, TX, USA

halo eighteen

I posted the link to my Tumblr post in this as well...

My ONLY BUMMER is that I was so sore from jumping/moshing and headbanging, dizzy from not eating well, and tired that I knew I couldn't last if I tried to stand in line to buy a shirt, I wanted this one:

12321478_10153331866294001_2245814114587852726_n.jpg?oh=eb25f614d3fc23b2c59f74d985b2fe4e&oe=572220C3

Anyway... I'm a bit bummed about it, it does have the date on it, so I'm hoping I can score one elsewhere. I love the design!

If you have one and are willing to trade with me some custom chainmaille or something, PM me and I'll get with you. We're on a super tight budget and barely have money for Christmas for our daughter...

Anyway. This is only my second Muse concert, and my 3rd "big" concert in my life. I know, it's pretty lame. I got free lawn seats to Kiss as a kid, and then chose to go to Muse and my parents wouldn't let me. I know for sure I had the money as a teen to go to the two concerts that happened, and they wouldn't let me.

In terms of the music.. yes, there were technical difficulties. And apparently Dallas got the even worse end of the stick due to issues transporting the stage and such. I hope everyone involved is all right, that stage set up looks intense!

They did a good job honoring the number system (That was my first time in GA queue!! JD bought VIP tix for us for T2L and they were ok, but I thought they were really costly for what we got).

Despite the things that went wrong, there were a JILLION things that went right.

In reference to those talking about the cell phones.. I was trying to use mine, and then realized that in doing so, I wasn't in the "moment" that I had been dying to be in. So I handed it to my husband, and told him to do as he wished, but I was going to focus on the show. He did record some video (filled up my tiny memory) and some photos. Which I'm super grateful for!

I am debating spending the time uploading the videos.. there was a REALLY ANNOYING girl on the other side of my husband singing at the top of her lungs and she was off-key, loud, and sounds HORRID on the video and recordings he took. I didn't hear her at all during the show, but he got a front row seat to her annoying voice. Poor husband! :LOL:

I got a drumstick. The rude singing girl tried to snatch it from Larry, the security guard from Toyota center, when he picked it up for me. My husband and Larry kept a death grip on it until I got my hand on it. It literally brushed my middle finger on my left hand and fell to the floor. Dom SMILED right at me when he tossed the two sticks at the same time, and then turned to toss the others on the other side. I have to admit, I kinda melted. Even though I'm a "Wolstenbeast" fan.

That said, those complaining about the stage weren't where I was!!

tumblr_inline_nyqwk8RM071rbdvy8_500.jpg

Chris spent several songs in front of me. I nearly passed out from excitement when they brought the setlist, taped it down DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME, and then brought out a Mic. I was so excited!!!

I have to admit, when Bliss played, I instantly started crying. Happy tears, of course! I have been waiting to hear that song live for 11 years, and even if Matt skipped singing falsetto, it was still beautiful and still heartwrenching for me. I am so, so, so blown away by this concert. I could barely walk out after it, seeing as I moshed with an old leg injury (muscle/tendon damage and a torn meniscus in my knee.. non weight bearing, calm down! ;)) and I had not eaten very well because the little bit of money I had was SUPPOSED to go to a shirt, but we couldn't stand in line any longer, as I barely could get up the steps to exit the floor. I'm not even sure how I did not fall, other than the barrier.

:O

My post on tumblr outlines some of the stuff that we saw and has a few more photos. Realized my husband got two excellent photos of Dom with my phone.. yay! And a great video of The Handler with Chris right in front of us *melts*

anyway.. there is my two cents. Amazing show!

I was literally on the exact opposite side of the wing from you. When Bliss started people were staring because I lost my damn marbles.

Does ANYONE know how to get ahold of a t-shirt from Houston's show?

12321478_10153331866294001_2245814114587852726_n.jpg?oh=eb25f614d3fc23b2c59f74d985b2fe4e&oe=572220C3

I have been checking Bravado USA store every day to see if/when they post it, and even emailed them.

I let exhaustion and soreness get in the way of me getting my shirt! (Also a line of 80 people at least :LOL: )

HAAALPPP