Albums available in audiophile 96kHz/24bit

Finn.

How can they be unofficial? Where did they come from then? Not saying that sarcastically just genuinely confused

Yeah, they need the masters to do a job like that. and Muse (and Warner?) are the owners of those.

That's why a press release would be so useful in these cases, they could say if the HD albums are pirate copies or if they are remastering the catalogue and selling it online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Okay, I posted this challenge over at /r/muse as well.

Here's a link to a comparison of HD Audio and FLAC CD masters of Hysteria and Knights of Cydonia

https://mega.nz/#!fYYlRKYQ!DfcZR6cgOsdzwwf6IvTuLLd6L_sHRXeOc6FQ3P4nc3c

[it's only 1 min of each song]

WITHOUT using a spectral analyser, tell me the timestamps below where the masters change back and forth. It changes multiple times back and forth over each clip. Obvisouly if they have been remastered so obviously, everyone will get the timestamps.

Enjoy

Well I thought this was a nice example and challenge that no one who swore by the new files dared to accept. Listen to it and judge if you think it's worth it?

Jon was one of the people who praised the improved sound for Abso and BH&R but then he said later that he was reluctant to buy them. So...you know...It's very unclear.

Are they remastered, though?

No.

Total bollocks

Far from it.

According to the loudness war.com these new remasters aren't exactly the best done, but i still think is an huge improvement

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=muse

I'm still waiting for The Resistance and an official press release.

And what the holy shit is this website!?

All you need are good headphones, you can hear the difference

No.

Edited by haze015

No.

Far from it.

And what the holy shit is this website!?

No.

Nearly cut myself on all the edge

Well I thought this was a nice example and challenge that no one who swore by the new files dared to accept. Listen to it and judge if you think it's worth it?

Jon was one of the people who praised the improved sound for Abso and BH&R but then he said later that he was reluctant to buy them. So...you know...It's very unclear.

I was only reluctant to buy because it's evident they're unofficial so I would've rather pirated them from someone who bought lol. Dropping $100 back then was hard to justify because I wanted new gear but now maybe I'll do it. Also to whomever said the remasters weren't done well that's entirely possible, but compared to how the regular files sound it's way better and more balanced mix-wise to these ears.

Why would they be "unofficial" when its almost certain they were mastered at those sample rates to start with, if not higher. Its more likely these are just what was released at that sample rate.

If its "unofficial", then it'll be someone trying to upscale it, which would make your comments regarding your perceived improvements quite hilarious.

Re: Headphones

Its not just the headphones, the quality of the DAC is important, plus amplification. The former is often overlooked, yet surprisingly significant.

Edited by haze015

Why would they be "unofficial" when its almost certain they were mastered at those sample rates to start with, if not higher. Its more likely these are just what was released at that sample rate.

If its "unofficial", then it'll be someone trying to upscale it, which would make your comments regarding your perceived improvements quite hilarious.

Re: Headphones

Its not just the headphones, the quality of the DAC is important, plus amplification. The former is often overlooked, yet surprisingly significant.

All I know is that the overall postproduction job sounded far better with those tracks, it's possible sure that they upped the sample rate but certain songs sounded like they had entirely different mixes.

All I know is that the overall postproduction job sounded far better with those tracks, it's possible sure that they upped the sample rate but certain songs sounded like they had entirely different mixes.

Which songs? All sound the same to me out of what I've checked out. A different mix would even be noticeable on a low quality stream.

But its always funny when mixing for others how people react differently to things that haven't been changed.

Edited by haze015