2015.12.18 - Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA

forevermusic

I know what happened to you. It's what happened to me on a different show. It sounds like they blocked your IP address thinking you were a scalper. That's what happened to me. How do I know? Because, after I lost my prime seat, I couldn't pull a ticket for ANYTHING on the AXS site. I kept getting the message that there were no seats available. 45 minutes late of realizing what happened to me, I pulled a ticket on my phone after turning off my wifi! Went back on to the AXS site immediately after purchasing this ticket to test my theory about blocking my wifi... Yep, my laptop could not pull a single ticket for shows that I was pulling on my phone.

Ugh so terrible. In the meantime the real scalpers are getting amazing seats.

I have seen several in the round shows and similar stages ( Figure 8 a la metallica) in the past. The best way to view these concerts are dead center lodge seats. Nothing is in your line of sight and you get to see everything. GA standing will give you just one line of sight and if you are on either end good luck trying to see what is going on at the other side of the arrow.

Should be great shows regardless and I am eager to see these DRONES flying all over the venue, until someone throws something at one! :LOL:

Also saw Peter Gabriel in the round and had floor seats. It was good but I was stuck on one side figuring what was going on in the front!

What are the chances that they'll add another LA gig? :shifty:

I'm fighting my usual impulse to book flights and such so early that then I'm stuck and miss the second/third night. The Staples calendar still has a suspicious gap between the Muse gig on the 18th and the Clippers game on the 21st.

The 19th has to be the most unconfirmed guarantee!!!

I, for one, thought it would be fairly obvious the reason they haven't announced the majority of their gigs yet is because allowing a buttload of drones to fly around is a huge safety concern. This notion times, oh say anywhere from 30-50 concert venues at least that have to be individually negotiated? I don't know who would expect instantaneous results.

No one expects instantaneous results. They expect the band and their management to anticipate this problem, and have someone working on it ahead of time. That's literally someone's job.

They shouldn't be releasing tour dates as they get permissions, they should have that shit all worked out in advance.

Not that I think that's the whole story, since they're all on one coast and they already have one LA sorted so a second should be no problem.

I, for one, thought it would be fairly obvious the reason they haven't announced the majority of their gigs yet is because allowing a buttload of drones to fly around is a huge safety concern. This notion times, oh say anywhere from 30-50 concert venues at least that have to be individually negotiated? I don't know who would expect instantaneous results.

It just seems odd to me that were only two and a half months away from USA gigs (well the start of them at least) and only four have been announced so far.

Edited by greenpower

Maybe they need the time off to do their holiday shopping. :chuckle:

I'm surprised nothing's been announced yet tbh, I can't even remember the last time they only played once in LA. Even when they did the Mayan they had Weenie Roast as a second gig.

its really odd, considering the next 2 nights at Staples are open I believe. Maybe Monday they'll announce a big batch of North American dates. Someone needs to tweet the boys and ask wth is the deal.