Scalpers and "Get me in"

Njames879

Hi,

I tried to get tickets this morning for the tour, and although I was there on time, I couldn't get anything. Ticketmaster was pushing the "Get me in" site, and so I went over there. I was a bit shocked at what I found.

I went on the site at 20 mins past nine, and overall I found 2339 tour tickets on sale (I've got the screen shot if anyone wants a look). Mostly going at double face value. Look, I'm all in favour of someone who can't go to a gig being able to get rid of their tickets, but this is just corrupt. It's a bunch of scalpers who by some means manage to jump the queue and then make massive profits reselling them to mugs like me. If they make £50 per ticket, (and that's conservative), then with the ticket numbers being offered, someone is making a cool £117,000 by ripping off a desperate fan base, and none of that goes to Muse to pay for the tour or keep on making music.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

The government refuses to do anything about it. Last time any sort of action came close, they scrapped it and the CEO of Ticketmaster came out and said their decision was "best for the fans".

Ticketmaster get a cut of the resold tickets, they own GetMeIn, so it makes sense to give a massive allocation of already-expensive tickets to touts.