2016.05.09 Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria

Kobe

Hello Musers :) Does anybody have any experience with the venue? Was wondering how it's all organised and whether they actually make people leave their jackets at the cloackroom. If yes, do they line everybody up or is it just complete madness and a lot of running? Want to get prepared for what's to come. Thanks! :)

Edited by paulafromcydonia

Hi Paula!

yes, there is a wardrobe where you can leave your jacket. The last times I went there I had a light jacket with me and took it inside with me, and ran to get close to the stage...not so good in winter, for sure, but it looks like it will be a fine, warm day. I hope so, not like now..raining, rather cold :stunned:

but I read here on the board as the barrier is huge this time, you should be able to get a good spot.

It's not like in the UK that there is a line outside the venue, when you get to the security of course it's not a bulk of people running, everyone might get a body check. (My last concert there was some years ago, don't know what changed since then tbh).

Hi Paula!

yes, there is a wardrobe where you can leave your jacket. The last times I went there I had a light jacket with me and took it inside with me, and ran to get close to the stage...not so good in winter, for sure, but it looks like it will be a fine, warm day. I hope so, not like now..raining, rather cold :stunned:

but I read here on the board as the barrier is huge this time, you should be able to get a good spot.

It's not like in the UK that there is a line outside the venue, when you get to the security of course it's not a bulk of people running, everyone might get a body check. (My last concert there was some years ago, don't know what changed since then tbh).

Thank you for the answer. So it's not obligatory to leave jackets/jumpers etc? That's good news. I was worried that it'd take a lot of time and I want to go straight to the barrier.

So the security will not allow us to queue? I want specific spot at the barrier so that's very important to me. Thank you again! :)

Thank you for the answer. So it's not obligatory to leave jackets/jumpers etc? That's good news. I was worried that it'd take a lot of time and I want to go straight to the barrier.

So the security will not allow us to queue? I want specific spot at the barrier so that's very important to me. Thank you again! :)

Sadly we won't be joining you at this gig, but friends who attended the Muse gig there in 2013 said the GA entry was a mess! Yes, there is a queue outside, but there is a second queue accessed from the parking garage. In theory both are let in at once, but that doesn't always work out. I hope you get your spot! At least there are no GA's in VIP, only seats. Good luck!

Anyone planning on a weekend in Vienna? We have 2 primo tickets for the Vienna Boys Choir on Sunday, 09:15 at Hofburgkapelle. Paid 72 EUR for the pair-- make me an offer! Seats are in the R balcony, front row.

Sadly we won't be joining you at this gig, but friends who attended the Muse gig there in 2013 said the GA entry was a mess! Yes, there is a queue outside, but there is a second queue accessed from the parking garage. In theory both are let in at once, but that doesn't always work out. I hope you get your spot! At least there are no GA's in VIP, only seats. Good luck!

Thank you so much. I'll sing Survival in my head and hopefully I'll be able to get the spot I want :D

I went to this venue for Muse in 2012.

Security told early queuers to go to one door (to the left as you look at the venue). The queue built up here all day. Some people decided to wait at the outside door on the opposite side (to the right as you look at the venue)because they said it was always opened. Most people were still being directed to the first door, even right up until just before the doors opened.

You can go "inside" part of the venue to use the loo etc while queuing and there was also a door in there which very late in the day had a couple of people queuing. They said there was also a door on the opposite side "inside". Both of these went to the garage? So that's 4 entrances.

There were barriers set up outside to filter the queues there.

The first door was probably the last to open. It was a right mess up. :(

Can't say about the cloakroom as kept everything with me.

Of course this could all be different now but forewarned is forearmed :)