Drones stage set up

Alex5

From the 19 December 2015 Staples Center. Taken with phone in low light

I hope Matt was happy with the Microphone during his performance, as during the sound check heard him comment via the walkie-talkie that it sucked :LOL: . I was happy with the gig and the Band performed awesomely

-also on a side note... I work on drones for the uncle named Sam so im happy the album is about my life literally

Edited by FirehawkDriver

The hands for the Handler have some pre-recordedness to them though, like when they fall down at the end, and I guess some of the finger motions, but they do follow the band.

Globalist was my favorite for the visuals. It actually heightened my opinion of the song a bit.

The hands for the Handler have some pre-recordedness to them though, like when they fall down at the end, and I guess some of the finger motions, but they do follow the band.

Globalist was my favorite for the visuals. It actually heightened my opinion of the song a bit.

I liked the Globalist. From the effort of the special effects, you can tell the Band put the most importance on this song more so than all the others. From beginning to end, the special effects were expansive and perfectly timed with the music, and their positions perfectly choreographed. REading between the lines, it seems the Globalist is one the bands favorite, besides psycho. I would of recorded more but cell phone didn't have much room.

Honestly, I was thoroughly awed with the display of the handler... and very happily surprised

Hello, everyone :) I'm new around here, and I was wondering if you could help me...

On January 7 I'm going to my third Muse show! I'm sooo excited, especially since they rescheduled the show (I was supposed to see them last week) and I've been waiting for this show for almost 3 years.

So, I purchased GA tickets as I did for the other two shows I’ve been. I always arrive pretty early to the venue and I've managed to secure front row spots both times, but I'm afraid that with this new stage set up, it will be more difficult to choose a good spot. I’m guessing the first row at the center is the best place, but if I don’t manage to get those… what do you guys suggest?

Also… I haven’t seen any footage of the most recent shows so I’m not sure of their dynamics. Do you know if Matt and Chris exchange places from side to side? Do the three of them are ever together in the center for like a whole song? Does Dom rotate so he doesn’t give his back to part of the crowd? xD So many questions! Haha

I’d appreciate any tips you have for me! Thanks a lot! :)

Hello, everyone :) I'm new around here, and I was wondering if you could help me...

On January 7 I'm going to my third Muse show! I'm sooo excited, especially since they rescheduled the show (I was supposed to see them last week) and I've been waiting for this show for almost 3 years.

So, I purchased GA tickets as I did for the other two shows I’ve been. I always arrive pretty early to the venue and I've managed to secure front row spots both times, but I'm afraid that with this new stage set up, it will be more difficult to choose a good spot. I’m guessing the first row at the center is the best place, but if I don’t manage to get those… what do you guys suggest?

Also… I haven’t seen any footage of the most recent shows so I’m not sure of their dynamics. Do you know if Matt and Chris exchange places from side to side? Do the three of them are ever together in the center for like a whole song? Does Dom rotate so he doesn’t give his back to part of the crowd? xD So many questions! Haha

I’d appreciate any tips you have for me! Thanks a lot! :)

Hi there! The center stage rotates and Matt and Chris swap wings fairly frequently, so you'll get nearly equal time viewing them from either side. They do get together in the center stage for portions of certain songs (and it rotates so everyone can see), but they move about so much that you'll get a good view from pretty much anywhere. The only places I would "avoid" are the very ends of the wings, but only because the stage is set really high there. But anywhere else is good.

Hi there! The center stage rotates and Matt and Chris swap wings fairly frequently, so you'll get nearly equal time viewing them from either side. They do get together in the center stage for portions of certain songs (and it rotates so everyone can see), but they move about so much that you'll get a good view from pretty much anywhere. The only places I would "avoid" are the very ends of the wings, but only because the stage is set really high there. But anywhere else is good.

Thank you so much for the quick reply, Jessica! :) And thanks for the details, I now have a better idea of where to get places and how they show will develop. Now my only worry is to pray to the music gods so that they play Stockholm Syndrome haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Some posts from "Brilliant Stages" on Twitter, whom have had a long standing relationship with the band.

CYdAEG6WwAAmjDd.jpg:large

The "spaceship" segment, is hoisted up as 12 racks, as I spotted in an earlier post, pretty much containing everything that would normally be found backstage, there is no backstage. Video content servers, power amplification, power distribution, sound amps, I'd love to know the total weight of what is being flown up there.

Power & Control Racks for the screen roll drops, done by Brilliant Automation

CYdAt1TWsAE-D7h.jpg:large

CYdBW0yWMAAqZgO.jpg:large

Brilliant Automation Facebook

Looking at their photo's they were showing of generic pictures mentioning a project for a client back in October. If I had seen the photo's I might have spotted the photo of the stage layout at the back.

I'm sure there will be more in depth articles to come. Still stoked to see this production in person.

I made a super sophisticated map for the band's positions on the Drones stage setup since there have been questions about it. Hope this helps everyone find their favorite spots! I find the corners of the circle are best for viewing from the floor, but everyone has different preferences. Hope you can read it. Computer at work only has MS Paint, hah. :$

Y7oo7Hl.jpg?1