Drones stage set up

Alex5

Ha! I loved Oblivion when i saw it. Also, i cannot attend any of the shows from The Wall, so i watched the film last night. I honestly believe the production for this Muse tour can blow away the one of The Wall. It only needs an equally mindblowing setlist.

12012015_muse_hou_jackgorman-1.jpg

Ha! I loved Oblivion when i saw it. Also, i cannot attend any of the shows from The Wall, so i watched the film last night. I honestly believe the production for this Muse tour can blow away the one of The Wall. It only needs an equally mindblowing setlist.

12012015_muse_hou_jackgorman-1.jpg

I think if Muse really would want to blow away the Wall they should've just played Drones from start to finish. That way the whole concept-album would play out as it was intended...

Guys, quick question. Which seats are better, 304, 321 or 331? I know they are basically all the same-ish, but which is the safest bet for seeing the band upfront and not seeing their backs? Plz reply asap my sister is about to order tickets for the Chicago concert...

The band does not stay in one spot for more than a minute at a time. There are microphones all over the stage. Chris and Matt are constantly switching positions. I LOVED the 360 setup. Only shows I felt more connected to the band were Psycho tour at Webstar Hall and the MTV VMA's at a Broadway theatre. You want to make sure you are center ice/half court for the full experience. Try not to be out at the tips of the arrows.

Are people really being "upgraded" from the 2nd tier to the 1st at some of these gigs?

Because I think if someone bought tickets in the 2nd while the 1st was available, that means they wanted to be on the long side, and were leaving the points empty because you can't see the curtains from there.

I'm not sure that's a great "upgrade."

I love the stage but I still don't understand it. What are the things on the wings showing the visuals, just normal screens? And the bit above Dom? Maddeningly amazing

The "screens" are just translucent curtains, the visuals are projected on them. The bit above Dom is just a circular screen, with those weird long lamps that come down for a few songs.

I love the stage but I still don't understand it. What are the things on the wings showing the visuals, just normal screens? And the bit above Dom? Maddeningly amazing

The part above Dom is just a moving lighting fixture, it means you can be a bit more interesting with the lighting position and bring it down closer to the band.

As mentioned, they are translucent material, they come down from rollers to give to be able to quickly add or remove a video projection surface. Although the quality won't be as good as actual video panels, it's very flexible.

You can see the 3 projectors in 4 locations on trusses, hanging a bit in front on the second photo. There is absolutely rediculous amount of gear being flown above the stage, PA Amps, Lighting electrical gear, media servers, everything, what was very neatly built into the Resistance/2nd Law arena stage has all been flown to keep the floor clear and the cables to the roof to a minimum.

It also makes it very obvious the reason for some of the postponed dates with American Arena's if they haven't allowed the time in the schedule to remove existing hanging media screens.

It means they can't put the rigging where would normally want it, which I guess would not allow the drones to have a clear route on and off their parked positions.

23117268095_4197a80d46_c.jpgMuse Drones World Tour - Mexico by Miguel Solis, on Flickr

23128676211_0a141a6104_c.jpgMuse Drones World Tour - Mexico by Miguel Solis, on Flickr

23091078246_81f4796000_c.jpgMuse Drones World Tour - Mexico by Miguel Solis, on Flickr

23374327620_f257ea8811_c.jpgThe Globalist by paprika1204, on Flickr

:LOL:

Judging by all of the VIP/queue drama on FB... we're all drones. :$:LOL:

I'm curious what VIP drama you guys have been hearing about. I definitely have a bone to pick about this ridiculous VIP business but I want to hear what you guys have heard about it. I got a normal GA ticket for the Portland show and there was a ridiculous number of VIPs. Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

That's pretty much exactly what we've heard.

Oh, and of course some people have found new and exciting ways to be bastards about it.

Yeah, there were a ton of VIPs on the barrier (noted by all the red bags lying at their feet) so my boyfriend and I decided to be in the second row, which was fine and we had a ton of fun. Then at the end of the show I asked the security guard if I could get a set list if he gets one handed to him and he said chances are low since he never gets that kind of stuff. Of course, he got handed a set list and I was ecstatic... Then he proceeded to hand it to the VIP next to me for no reason. So that coupled with how dumb it is to put a price on how much of a fan people are has made me very against the VIP crap (unless you got to meet Muse then that's a different story but I can't see them ever doing that).

Edit:

Also, does anyone know if any of the tour merch will be available online at some point? By the time I made it to the only stand open they were out of practically everything I wanted in my size...

Edited by eternallymused

Usually goes up around the middle of the tour. Would've thought it would've appeared by now though.

I'm intrigued by the puppeteer projections during The Handler - are they pre-recorded or do they work live using sensors and cameras to what Matt and Chris are doing at that point, or is there a combination?

Theres sensors they get put on during IS

I knew that much, as that's what controls the giant sketchy projection of Matt and Chris on the giant screens. What I was curious about is whether or not the projection of the hands and puppet strings is pre-recorded and Matt/Chris move their sensors along to it, or if there is a program in use that allows the projected strings to follow what Matt and Christ are doing.