Drones stage set up

Alex5

Considering this is a lot of projection mapping and dynamic content with the video working on Matt and Chris's positions, I'm not surprised Moment Factory are behind this, this is what they do.

It took them a few weeks to have the full TR and T2L sets up and running.

Remember the metal bars they added to the TR towers for a few gigs half way through the tour?

Considering their temporary nature on certain European gigs I think that was more meeting health and safety risk assessments. I wouldn't be surprised if they were still stretching their legs with this show, I'd certainly like to see a bit more in the set list.

It's also not unknown for certain countries not to get the deluxe package of works for other bands tours, usually it's shipping costs of taking the whole thing with them, or limitations set by what the venue can accommodate.

It's also not unknown for certain countries not to get the deluxe package of works for other bands tours, usually it's shipping costs of taking the whole thing with them, or limitations set by what the venue can accommodate.

Yup, same thing with Dublin getting a regular stage for it's gig.

Matt told a fan the real drone balloons would start in Houston.

Let's hope that they can throw some CO2 cannons or pyro in there. Right now some songs could really use them. Like in The Globalist, when the heavy part really takes off, it could kinda use something like a pyro blast right after "Fire!". In its current form it's kinda dull.

Yup, same thing with Dublin getting a regular stage for it's gig.

I kind of hate to keep bringing up Maiden as a comparison point because they're a different kind of band and have a different type of live show altogether but some of their shows had to sacrifice the pyro or their "large Eddies" and just use walk-on Eddies for that very reason (one instance required a backrop with the eddie printed on it).

Back on topic, the Saitama T2L shows did have something to makr up for it; they had a video board behind them with the same projections. The effect was kinda lost though as they work best with the video circle.

• 2 weeks later...
That looks beautiful! Although they're less drone-ish and more weather balloon like. :LOL:

I suppose theirs is a bit more sci-fi, I never really expected anything that was just a direct rip of a well known in use drone, i.e Reaper. I think more these from Oblivion, and they were a nasty bit of kit.:LOL:

drone.jpg

:LOL:

Judging by all of the VIP/queue drama on FB... we're all drones. :$:LOL:

It's a bit sad what people will try and justify in the name of capitalism, honestly. Maybe it's apples and oranges, but I wonder if people who think companies should be able to charge whatever they want, however they want, really know what often lies beneath that.

But anyways, people on both sides of these issues always take the situation personally, how it affects THEM personally, if people are judging THEM for paying more, etc... and that prevents them from really being objective.

For me, I think it just made me have to face the facts that I was trying to find some way to justify Muse's current political/social themes as being more than pandering... when really they "just made good business sense" in making something appealing to their audience.

People believe the ends justify the means, but really I just feel sort of depressed, and sad that at how much I didn't want to face reality about something so trivial. But, then again, music can be a bit of an emotional thing, still.