DAT WHITE NEKK THO!

very nice work!

ye

I take it you haven't seen that new custom guitar Munky from Korn has? It's pretty nice if you ask me...!

large.5R8rzAdB9FMERX5JFb1k82inHK1802-Nf_sdpGNOmeE.jpg

large.PM9zVUq6e1-IkxJW7R-lQULu5SHm97p02zAF2dp46O8.jpg

Also, J-senn... how do I do that? I know it's four conductor, but do I measure it when the two wires used for splitting aren't connected to each other? It matches dimarzio's spec when measured as a humbucker anyway.

Also wondering if it could be the p/u selector...sort of doubt it, but I'll put some whammy unjammy in there

Paul, I must apologize.

I wasn't referring to THAT wangcaster, but the replica Niel built which was based off something similar

tumblr_midvvwdu7x1qcfymlo3_250.jpg

Anyhow, going to check how to test this pickup properly, and clean the selector as well. I've replaced the pots and caps, but the switch is stock... I don't want to go replacing things for no reason though

selector wasn't the problem.

I measured the pickup again, and it read what it should

Red (hot) = 8.6k

Green + black together = 4 something k

black = (ground)

I don't know if I was meant to measure the hot connection with the green and black separated, but I tried this on another pickup (the modern replacement) and it didn't read anything.

Either it's the magnets, or they secretly changed the spec over the years as Jaicen suggested.

It sounds ok, but I've got it jammed against the strings, and the neck pickup backed way off. Neck pickup is still much louder. The new ones I put in the other GP aren't like this at all - they're nice and balanced and didn't require any extreme adjustments like that

...Paul, I didn't get you in trouble, did I? Supposedly Bs got banned from using the library computer for using this website, so I wouldn't be too surprised

Nah I'm good as. I get away with a lot on the company computers.

And you'd be surprised at the random shit I end up searching for clients / design work.

Still though, Wangcaster.. Nothing could have prepared me for that.

Wish I could give some advice regarding your pickup problem but it's all well over my head.

I'll be getting my mate to wire up my mess soon, you need a genius like him.

I've stolen this pic of some of his shit. All the amps and most of the pedals in it have been hand build / upholstered and wired by the clever bastard. Excluding some of the familiar pedals in the chain.

459727_2740929222089_1825414838_o.thumb.jpg.80627b47724e4770621b5608106d1b4b.jpg

Jaems, sounds lik your coils are good.

You could try swapping the magnet out. If you have a spare magnet, try putting it on top and see if it helps (polarity correct of course).

My coils are fabulous

I'll have to figure out how to remove the cover. It's a plastic cover that's glued on (or at least that's what I did when making the reproduction) so they can't be desoldered like regular metal ones, and heating would not only melt the glue, but also the cover (unless it's possible to just get it hot enough to soften the adhesive?)

If that doesn't work out, I'm going to just take the new one, put the correct pickup cover on, and swap them out. Bit of a shame if that happens, but since I've rewired it already, I can always put the original back in if I decide to sell it.

Also, in case you didn't see it...the finished product from musecasters:

rfNkrHT.jpg

He did a great job. Only thing is that I've accidentally relic'd the pickup cover ... already :facepalm: We actually got the pickup as an open coil, and sent it to BKP to have a black cover put on...the cover ended up chipping just with normal handling when he was building the guitar, and we weren't happy, so we sent it back to be changed...and now it's chipping again.

Nope, mahogany with oil finish. It's really light too, and doesn't have any weight relief either.

And the gotoh bridge is great. Yeah, a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion. I really like the fact that it's a tune o matic design, but you can adjust the saddle height individually like on a Fender style bridge.

Nope, mahogany with oil finish. It's really light too, and doesn't have any weight relief either.

And the gotoh bridge is great. Yeah, a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion. I really like the fact that it's a tune o matic design, but you can adjust the saddle height individually like on a Fender style bridge.

the bridge is the best i've worked on. so solid and adjustable, so to me worth the money :D

Archived