I realize this is an old post but I have full dimensions, plans, templates, xy midi pad kits, unfinished bodies and necks available through my website

http://www.twocherriesinstruments.com

I'm not sure how wise it is to sell it like this, although you're (fortunately) not putting a Mansons logo on it.

Your guitars look very clean, you might want to invest in a proper DSLR for taking photos, I wouldn't like to buy from a guitar shop, judging by only an 'instagram'-quality photo.

Dear Musecasters..

You weren't lying when you said it went off like a gun.

I wish you had explained you meant that literally in both the way it sounds and explodes shards of sharp shit across the room. Lucky I was warned and wearing safety earmuffs and glasses. But nothing could have prepared me for that..

How did you get it to crack without shattering it into heaps of small fragments that you have to search your kitchen and lounge to piece the puzzle together?

Is there a way to keep it in one piece or is that all part of the experience?

James, stoaked you got your laser cutting sorted.

1027951742_photo2(1).JPG.e9d3b1f8634b516fa6d2d2b6b521be8c.JPG

Why is it that No one has any problems with a guy selling stratocaster , telecaster, Gibson LP, Gibson SG, and many more...parts/replicas but if you make some money on the side making Manson replica parts and its a bug hubbub? The funny thing is Manson does not have a trademark of there body shape or headstock but Fender and Gibson do. They are however protected by copywrite law and if they asked me to stop or to license my parts I certainly would. until then I'm not doing anything wrong, as long as I don't mislead people into thinking that my parts and guitars are theirs I'm in the clear.

so come and get em while ya can!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/twocherriesinstrumentscom

The difference is Mansons are a small, local business not some world wide cash cow who's only goal these days is to make money.

If you were making a unique product instead of feeding off someone else's like a parasite you might get it.

Dear Musecasters..

You weren't lying when you said it went off like a gun.

I wish you had explained you meant that literally in both the way it sounds and explodes shards of sharp shit across the room. Lucky I was warned and wearing safety earmuffs and glasses. But nothing could have prepared me for that..

How did you get it to crack without shattering it into heaps of small fragments that you have to search your kitchen and lounge to piece the puzzle together?

Is there a way to keep it in one piece or is that all part of the experience?

James, stoaked you got your laser cutting sorted.

i numbered the back with a pen so it will match up like a jigsaw after and i also wrappe a bag or bubble wrap around so it contains the mess :D

Why is it that No one has any problems with a guy selling stratocaster , telecaster, Gibson LP, Gibson SG, and many more...parts/replicas but if you make some money on the side making Manson replica parts and its a bug hubbub? The funny thing is Manson does not have a trademark of there body shape or headstock but Fender and Gibson do. They are however protected by copywrite law and if they asked me to stop or to license my parts I certainly would. until then I'm not doing anything wrong, as long as I don't mislead people into thinking that my parts and guitars are theirs I'm in the clear.

so come and get em while ya can!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/twocherriesinstrumentscom

i agree with Phill. i always get asked to sell my replica guitars (even Munky Korn asked me, i said no but did him something else) or make them but i won't as its someone elses design. come up with something original and if they are good enough people will buy them

http://korn.com/media/photos/61103/1922753

The difference is Mansons are a small, local business not some world wide cash cow who's only goal these days is to make money.

If you were making a unique product instead of feeding off someone else's like a parasite you might get it.

I'm not getting rich, I just have a lot of people who are asking me to make parts (Bodies, Necks, and xy midi pad kits), they where not available anywhere, Manson doesn't sell unfinished bodies or kits. I'm selling the very inexpensively and only recouping my costs and fair price of labor.

All I'm doing is helping people who want to build there own guitar. There is a big demand for parts out there and no one willing to fill the market. If anything I'm spreading the word to a broader audience about there fantastic instruments. not everyone can afford a Manson, that doesn't mean they should not have one like it. this board is packed with people building replicas, I'm just helping people who don't have the skills to complete one on there own yet. they are the future luthiers that will develop fantastic instruments on there own one day and I feel privileged to hep them.

I will help anyone make custom templates, necks, bodies, custom finishing, pickup winding, Midi controllers or anything I have the ability to share. I offer information to anyone freely whether they are purchasing my products or not. and that's not limited to Manson models in any way, I will help will anyone with any facet of building instruments.

I build many models of electric and acoustic guitars, mandolins, basses, violins, banjos, or any other stringed instrument out there as well as design many of them myself. don't blame me that so many people come asking for these bodies, they are great guitars so why should people who don't have the ability to make templates, work with co2 laser cnc's, do custom roughting, or any other complex part of building instruments be left out. who is to say that one of them is not there next Manson Guitars!

I'm not getting rich, I just have a lot of people who are asking me to make parts (Bodies, Necks, and xy midi pad kits), they where not available anywhere, Manson doesn't sell unfinished bodies or kits. I'm selling the very inexpensively and only recouping my costs and fair price of labor.

You get what you pay for.

All I'm doing is helping people who want to build there own guitar. There is a big demand for parts out there and no one willing to fill the market. If anything I'm spreading the word to a broader audience about there fantastic instruments.

No, you're spreading the word about your products. After all, you have said on Instagram that your guitars are the same as an MB-1 but for half the price.

not everyone can afford a Manson, that doesn't mean they should not have one like it. this board is packed with people building replicas, I'm just helping people who don't have the skills to complete one on there own yet. they are the future luthiers that will develop fantastic instruments on there own one day and I feel privileged to hep them.

Yes, it's true that not everyone is willing to drop several grand on a real one. But will a $75 neck really be the same as a neck on a £3500 guitar? Buyer beware and all that.

I will help anyone make custom templates, necks, bodies, custom finishing, pickup winding, Midi controllers or anything I have the ability to share. I offer information to anyone freely whether they are purchasing my products or not. and that's not limited to Manson models in any way, I will help will anyone with any facet of building instruments.

That's fair enough.

I build many models of electric and acoustic guitars, mandolins, basses, violins, banjos, or any other stringed instrument out there as well as design many of them myself. don't blame me that so many people come asking for these bodies, they are great guitars so why should people who don't have the ability to make templates, work with co2 laser cnc's, do custom roughting, or any other complex part of building instruments be left out. who is to say that one of them is not there next Manson Guitars!

You lost all credibility with that last bit.

We're not blaming you for wanting to help other people - not at all. If so many people request these bodies, why do you feel the need to advertise your services on here?

i numbered the back with a pen so it will match up like a jigsaw after and i also wrappe a bag or bubble wrap around so it contains the mess :D

I'm not ready for that kind of traumatic experience again yet.. I'll put the cracked mirror finish idea on the back burner until I can figure a way to keep it all in one bit and keep the build going.

Nice work on the guitar for Monkey too. That's something to be proud of.

If been busy working (read ruining) with the router and templates. Progress continues.

Random request time. For all you guys playing proper guitars with Sustainers and not electric Ukuleles..

Can one of you please try something for me. Capo your guitar at the 12th fret and let me know how the Sustainer performs as you play around with what's left of your fret board.

Will give me an idea of whether it will work in my project..

Anyone who does this wins a thing...

IMG_0349.thumb.jpg.6456179b31f9e56fcbd940b4342a4df7.jpg

IMG_0348.thumb.jpg.9f93510787dd4f6b6b1d28cf8a296f84.jpg

IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.2ec2eb2f4e822fc0042992c16e98768c.jpg

I'm not ready for that kind of traumatic experience again yet.. I'll put the cracked mirror finish idea on the back burner until I can figure a way to keep it all in one bit and keep the build going.

Nice work on the guitar for Monkey too. That's something to be proud of.

If been busy working (read ruining) with the router and templates. Progress continues.

Random request time. For all you guys playing proper guitars with Sustainers and not electric Ukuleles..

Can one of you please try something for me. Capo your guitar at the 12th fret and let me know how the Sustainer performs as you play around with what's left of your fret board.

Will give me an idea of whether it will work in my project..

Anyone who does this wins a thing...

I'll do this for you tomorrow. I imagine it might act a bit stronger if anything, as the strings will be a bit closer to the sustainer driver once the capo's on.

Also, a project I'm working on:

cSVodiS.jpg

Josh Homme's old guitar.

It's got a somewhat ugly headstock repair, but it seems stable enough. Hard to say though, as I haven't strung it up yet (yes, it's going in C standard)

Other than that, I'm putting the correct bridge back on (instead of this weird one, which wasn't on when he had it) and fixing the electronics (which were a disaster)

So far I've wired everything up (successfully from the looks of things), and sourced all the correct parts...some are coming from thomann in germany though, so it won't be completed for a week or two.

It is missing the pickups, and I have what I was told were the original ones, but... I don't think they are. One dimarzio (which would make sense) and some unbranded thing.

I don't even have the mounting hardware for them, so I'm just putting some new ones in (same type as the originals).

Also need the back plate and truss rod cover, but musecasters is making those for me.

Thanks for that James. It will be a huge help, any feedback as to how the sustainer performs with a sort scale length will be magic. Good point about the strings being closer. I run an exceptionally low action setup.

Your project looks sweet, fair bit of pride going into something like that in keeping it as original as possible. And the flame looks stunning. You do all the wiring yourself?

I can work with wood and routers etc but I have a mate who is is a legend with wires and circuitry so it will be his problem to wire my project. I just scratch my head and supply bourbon.

Thanks for that James. It will be a huge help, any feedback as to how the sustainer performs with a sort scale length will be magic. Good point about the strings being closer. I run an exceptionally low action setup.

Your project looks sweet, fair bit of pride going into something like that in keeping it as original as possible. And the flame looks stunning. You do all the wiring yourself?

I can work with wood and routers etc but I have a mate who is is a legend with wires and circuitry so it will be his problem to wire my project. I just scratch my head and supply bourbon.

No problem, I'll let you know. I can see what you mean anyway, but you still have the height of the driver to mess with, as well as the various controls on the sustainer board.

And thanks - I usually wire them myself unless it involves something a bit more complex. I did have to install new fuzz factory toggle switches in two Mansons so far, and I can't say I enjoyed it. But then there's really no one around here that I'd trust with those specific guitars.

This one turned out fairly decent though, maybe not the neatest (might have gone a bit crazy with the grounding), but nothing's wrong with it.

In my experience you can never go to crazy with grounding :LOL:

Yeah I'm sure it doesn't make a difference, but what I did probably wasn't necessary. I think there might be one or two extra wires in there that don't need to be, and I didn't shorten the bridge ground wire (someone replaced it with a longer one) so it's a bit messy. Seems to work anyway, and it's not going to affect the noise level or anything.

I also found some shielded wire in there (attached to the connections on the pickup selector) which I reused, so it should be pretty quiet.

Also, something interesting...when I got the guitar, the neck pickup had a push/pull. It wasn't wired up, but presumably it was a coil split. I wonder if it had this when Josh had it... I suppose it's possible, as his Matons have coil split pots. The neck pickup that this guitar has is also really bass-y sounding, so maybe that was to cut some of the low end off.

Who knows. I've returned it to stock though - wired it up exactly like the other one. 500k volumes, 250k tones, 47nf caps (I thought 22nf is the correct value for humbuckers, but the other one came with 47nf, so...) and the caps going to the left AND middle lugs of the tone pots.

I don't know why the tone pots are wired like that, but I've seen two others like that, and they seem to work...not sure what kind of difference it makes.

You know this project is crazy right? Bravo sir!!

With regards to the positioning, you will get greatest amplitude at 1/2 wavelength. So if your scale length is 12.75, the sustainer should be at 6.375" from the bridge. Obviously that only applies to open strings, but it's a good guideline. Its also where Leo put the neck pickup on his Strat.

Jaicen, if a pickup doesn't measure any DC resistance, does that mean it's dead? It's not actually reading zero, but my DMM isn't picking up anything it seems.

I was checking the two pickups that came with the guitar (which might be original after all) but I'm only getting a reading from the bridge pickup. Maybe the neck pickup is dead, and that's why someone felt the need to rewire it...

Also, check it out

Dat neck! Interesting rear mount pickups? Guessing it had a super fancy top??

're pickup:, reading close to 0 ohms indicates a short. If you can, check to see if the hot wire is shorting on the cover or base plate. Otherwise you could dismantle it and unwind until you find the break. probably easier to get a replacement.

Edit: is it reading low or infinite resistance?

Dat neck! Interesting rear mount pickups? Guessing it had a super fancy top??

're pickup:, reading close to 0 ohms indicates a short. If you can, check to see if the hot wire is shorting on the cover or base plate. Otherwise you could dismantle it and unwind until you find the break. probably easier to get a replacement.

Edit: is it reading low or infinite resistance?

cracked black mirror.

I'm not sure what infinite resistance would show up as, but I have it set on 20k and it's just showing up with a 1 in the corner and doesn't change when I connect the pickup to it. The other one shows up as 15.50k

It's open circuit then, so one or both of the coils is broken.

You'll need to unwrap the wire turn by turn to find the break.

If you open it up, you may find an area of corrosion where a break is likely.

Any pics??

Damn... I don't think it's worth it in that case. I've got the new equivalent of this pickup on the way, but I was hoping to use the original one because 1) it's probably been covered with Homme's sweat and 2) it's supposedly original to the guitar

I guess corrosion is likely anyway. It's pretty filthy and rusty.

Archived