I really like the finish, I like the pickup rings a lot more now there is some colour on it also.

For the string ferule holes: How about a Jig made out of metal (5mm) thick. That way you will always get them lined up correctly and there is no danger of damaging the jig if it slips.

yup, just make a small frame:

two flat ends you can clamp to the body with a glueclamp or something similar.

In that you have 6 rings which you just have to align perfectly when making it... the rings should just be big enough to fit the drill.

I did something similar with a totally different project but it worked brilliantly

despite those minor set backs, it still looks awesome. the thing about guitars though is, even if there are minor blemishes, if it sounds awesome, people will still want one.

i think that finish looks great tbh.

as for lining up those holes for the strings, the only thing i can think of is to use something like a 45degree set square (they cost about 50p) and possibly stick it to the guitar with masking tape at the right angle and right beside where those holes will be. that way, as you drill, you'll have a nice guide right there. It might improve accuracy only by a little, but it might be enough that the inaccuracies will be negligible.

Looks good, maybe needs more pronounced cracks on the mirror though? Plus it certainly needs a good polish hah

haha yes a good polish indeed, as for the cracks, they arent very visible in those photos (as they do go all the way through the mirror) they just arent very good photos. or did u mean more neat cracks? like the placement of them etc

oh my god you lucky bastard!! i loooove gretsches, i play an annie:happy::happy:

nice man. yeah im a big fan of the living end, finaly found the right white falcon hiding in parramatta, sydney so im going to pick it up tomorrow. i love annies too. i almost bought one but i knew id wanna get a falcon

nice man. yeah im a big fan of the living end, finaly found the right white falcon hiding in parramatta, sydney so im going to pick it up tomorrow. i love annies too. i almost bought one but i knew id wanna get a falcon

yeah me too! they're my favourite band:D

make sure you post pics when you get the sucker!

Archived