I wish I had something new to post :(

0816081600.jpg

This project was abandoned (for those who didn't catch the scene, it was kinda funny).

0827080015.jpg

0826082332.jpg

That goes off for chroming on Tuesday. Ibanez ZR trem ftw.

0814081308.jpg

Always, always, always fun to play. Ive been waiting a few WEEKS now on a cord for the pad. Trying a new method...

0807080319.jpg

0802080147.jpg

Missing a chrome warpig :(

0729080051.jpg

There were so many changes made to this order that all of these parts are no longer needed. Anyone interested?

0528081103.jpg

The guitar that feels like it will never be finished. You may be a band touring with Muse and The Killers, but apparently you're always broke.

Thats everything on my plate at the moment. It's like this never ending work load.

I wish I had something new to post :(

0816081600.jpg

This project was abandoned (for those who didn't catch the scene, it was kinda funny).

0827080015.jpg

0826082332.jpg

That goes off for chroming on Tuesday. Ibanez ZR trem ftw.

0814081308.jpg

Always, always, always fun to play. Ive been waiting a few WEEKS now on a cord for the pad. Trying a new method...

0807080319.jpg

0802080147.jpg

Missing a chrome warpig :(

0729080051.jpg

There were so many changes made to this order that all of these parts are no longer needed. Anyone interested?

0528081103.jpg

The guitar that feels like it will never be finished. You may be a band touring with Muse and The Killers, but apparently you're always broke.

Thats everything on my plate at the moment. It's like this never ending work load.

Get on MSN tonight! :)

well, the endless bad news about my guitar building career never stops...

firstly, i'm still waiting on the body for my first build. i'm going to ring shortly to see wtf is the story.

secondly, the government totally sucks. and payroll too. Basically, i was due to get my tax back friday just gone. DENIED! payroll screwed me over in a big way, and now that i'm finished working there, it's going to be a lot harder to get my monies. fortunately, my manager is a really nice guy, and after i explained how payroll fucked up he said, quote "ok, i'll ring on monday and sort them the fuck out" he doesn't curse a lot, so serious business. the only plus is that im due €900 in tax back now. so fuck yah!!

finally, because i only got paid €150 in the last pay packet, i cant afford power tools or pickups.

would anyone care for some high res renders of my build though?

firstly, i'm still waiting on the body for my first build. i'm going to ring shortly to see wtf is the story.

secondly, the government totally sucks. and payroll too. Basically, i was due to get my tax back friday just gone. DENIED! payroll screwed me over in a big way, and now that i'm finished working there, it's going to be a lot harder to get my monies. fortunately, my manager is a really nice guy, and after i explained how payroll fucked up he said, quote "ok, i'll ring on monday and sort them the fuck out" he doesn't curse a lot, so serious business. the only plus is that im due €900 in tax back now. so fuck yah!!

finally, because i only got paid €150 in the last pay packet, i cant afford power tools or pickups.

Hope it all turns out all right for you, post the renders :)

haha you still havent got the first build sorted yet? :eek: you should stop with all these "future build" ideas then :p

k. it'll take about 15 mins to do it. It's going from skup to photorealistic, so it takes a while.

edit:

toff, i'm doing architecture. seriously, ideas just come to me on anything all day, and i just jott them down in a sketchbook. I've designed about 8 on paper, but they're just ideas. doesn't mean i'll actually go through with them.

k. it'll take about 15 mins to do it. It's going from skup to photorealistic, so it takes a while.

edit:

toff, i'm doing architecture. seriously, ideas just come to me on anything all day, and i just jott them down in a sketchbook. I've designed about 8 on paper, but they're just ideas. doesn't mean i'll actually go through with them.

What are you using to render them?

well i've a selection of renders. i've indigo, kerkythea, and something else which i cant remember the name.

edit:

i'd love to get vray for sketchup, but it's like meleventy thousand monies. im sure it's on torrent, but is it really bad if i use that?

i'd love to get vray for sketchup, but it's like meleventy thousand monies. im sure it's on torrent, but is it really bad if i use that?

Alot of ISPs cracked down heavy on torrents lately, so its probably a bad idea to download it...

it's a colossal 72mb!!!! lol. i know a few people on the same isp as me who use torrents, and they've never had a problem. i dont download a lot of music, i prefer having a physical cd type copy, and i think i've only ever used torrent once, but i heard that if you don't have your files on sharing, you're generally ok?

it's a colossal 72mb!!!! lol. i know a few people on the same isp as me who use torrents, and they've never had a problem. i dont download a lot of music, i prefer having a physical cd type copy, and i think i've only ever used torrent once, but i heard that if you don't have your files on sharing, you're generally ok?

Mmmm, im not too sure. I read that isps were monitering download usage and shit like that, and anyone with big amounts in small amounts of time were getting checked out...

How recently were you mates using the torrents? Its only in the past month or so that the main ISPs have been getting RLY SRS on the whole thing.

i dont know tbh. In all fairness, we probably shouldn't be even discussing it all lol!!! the less said about people's online activity the better!!

on a downloading type side note, Autodesk (the people who brought you 3dvismax, AutoCAD, Inventor etc) do a most excellent thing for students. Basically, the licences for their stuff is REALLY pricey, in excess of $1000 afaik, BUT, if you're a student, you can register, using your college e-mail address, and download student versions of a lot of their software for free! the student versions are basically the same as the full versions, except it prints a watermark on your work when you plot it. Now in fairness, the watermark is about a size 6 font, and says "Autodesk Educational Product" and it's at the very very edge of each of the sides of the page, so if you're really that bothered by it, you can guillotine it. Now, in my university for example, we're encouraged to use these versions over, lets say, a torrented version. So when we submit any material, even if it's for exams, or projects or whatever, the staff/lecturers etc, take no notice whatsoever. to be honest, that's absolutely legend of autodesk in my opinion.

i dont know tbh. In all fairness, we probably shouldn't be even discussing it all lol!!! the less said about people's online activity the better!!

on a downloading type side note, Autodesk (the people who brought you 3dvismax, AutoCAD, Inventor etc) do a most excellent thing for students. Basically, the licences for their stuff is REALLY pricey, in excess of $1000 afaik, BUT, if you're a student, you can register, using your college e-mail address, and download student versions of a lot of their software for free! the student versions are basically the same as the full versions, except it prints a watermark on your work when you plot it. Now in fairness, the watermark is about a size 6 font, and says "Autodesk Educational Product" and it's at the very very edge of each of the sides of the page, so if you're really that bothered by it, you can guillotine it. Now, in my university for example, we're encouraged to use these versions over, lets say, a torrented version. So when we submit any material, even if it's for exams, or projects or whatever, the staff/lecturers etc, take no notice whatsoever. to be honest, that's absolutely legend of autodesk in my opinion.

Ill be a student on monday :(

I CAN GETZ FREE STUFFZ? :D:D

course. when you get your college e-mail address (usually studentnumber@students.youruni.ac.uk or something like that) give me a shout, and i'll tell you what you gotta do. k?

edit:

tmodelzy6.png

NAO WITH MOAR EDIT!!!

ok, i've just done a bit of measuring and phonecalling. Basically, the body got delayed because my friend whos building it didn't have the right routing bit. It should be done next week. again, i don't mind waiting.

how, and/or, ever. the neck i have is a 21 fret, 25.5 scale neck. And personally, i'd prefer a 24 fret one. Now, i did find a nice one on ebay, and the fretboard overlaps just a little bit. like in the pic, it looks like it overlaps by about 10mm. 15 at the max. I measured in autocad, and i SHOULD have 27.7mm between the pickup and the neck with the current neck i have, as the fretboard stops flush with the pocket. now, if i order that 24 fret neck, theorectically, i shouldn't have a problem fitting it in there. The ebay thing also said that the neck pocket is shaped to fit most neck pockets with little or no adjusting of the neck bit itself. To be perfectly honest, i'd have no problem doing a bit of filling, if worst comes to worst. i've also emailed the guy to ask him if he knows if it would fit in a standard tele neck pocket. surely, i should be ok if i order this, right??

That's how I got inventor, it only lasts a certain amount of months though I think.

hey all,

a very close friend of mine asked me, quote "in your spare time, any chance you could design me something, a bit like a peavey rotor, but with some sort of crazy parker fly type horn deely?"

i'm not entirely sure where to go with this. but he wants a kp in it anyway, so here's what i've got so far. It's a SERIOUSLY rough draft, and already, there's a few problems, and i'm thinking about either contouring it, or multi-leveling it.

anyone got any input:

picture1qk4.jpg

well, his reasoning behind it makes sense, he's got 2 strats and a lp. wants something different and pointyish.

also, bshuker, did a bit of autocad dimensioning. the shortest distance between the horn and the neck is... 66.149138726 mm

You might want to check your dimensions, I got 66.149137726 mm

Archived