Gilbert is acctually my hero lol...Vai, not serious? He sometimes comes across as being up his own arse a lot of the time...that might just be me.:$:$

Oh no, no. He totally does! With his fucking gay fans on stage blowing his hair, and his stupid faces. But this showed a lighter side to him;

[YT]

[/YT]

that's the guy from Racer X isn't it?

Scarified is such an awesome track.

Paul Gilbert IS in my eyes the best guitarist EVER!!! The guy is seriously good.

Got my tickets for november!! :happy:

That just sucks the fun right out of it, and makes it into a serious competition...we all know gilbert would destroy that kid in a guitar duel!

I probally like Paul Gilbert because of these 2 things

8x9xG0ANIdY

Gilbert is awesome, funny guy too. Vai also is a very funny person, and doesn't take himself too seriously believe it or not.

Gilbert is acctually my hero lol...Vai, not serious? He sometimes comes across as being up his own arse a lot of the time...that might just be me.:$:$

Quoted for EPIC truth.

Seeing Gilbert has to be one of the best guitar based experiences of my life. That and nailing Blackbird :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9QL0Jkb_GU

Overrated:

Definitely the Edge

Kurt Cobain

Herman Li

Michaelangelo Twatio :mad:

Bell0rz wouldn't be around if it weren't for Mr Morello, same could be said for a great deal of guitarists.

+1

Whether you like the music or not it's clear he is a technically brilliant player who has influenced millions of others.

Lol at your bad taste in guitarists.

+ fking 1 to all.

Words cant describe how much I love Tom Morello.

lol at the amount of Morello fan boys on here.

Erm. Please don't fucking generalize like that. I think Morellos been repeating himself for the past 10 years. But it takes a fucking moron not to realize that he is, obviously, technically gifted.

Erm. Please don't fucking generalize like that. I think Morellos been repeating himself for the past 10 years. But it takes a fucking moron not to realize that he is, obviously, technically gifted.

Tru dat.

Basically whether someone is good or bad/overrated or underrated depends entirely on what you consider 'good'.

I personally value appropriate and inventive guitar parts that contribute to the whole song, over technical skills and/or being FACEMELTINGLYBRUTAL :\mm/:

I guess you guys didn't read the title of the thread?

"Rated guitarist that you think suck it"

People could post Hendrix here if they wanted. Sure I might disagree and question their mental faculties but they can still have that opinion.

There's no point arguing about it. It'd just be 2 sets of concurrent monologues with neither person changing their position.

People could post Hendrix here if they wanted. Sure I might disagree and question their mental faculties but they can still have that opinion.

There's no point arguing about it. It'd just be 2 sets of concurrent monologues with neither person changing their position.

Yes, it may be what you think sucks but other people have their opinion. Morello fan boys? Even after seeing Rage live I don't rate Tom as the greatest but I can see why so many others were inspired by him.

WTF is this? There are no rules about what you can post in a thread. If no-one discusses anything in here, just posts names of people, that is way more pointless than people arguing about whether someone is overrated or not. You said yourself you'd argue with anyone who posted Hendrix, so why can't we argue that Morello isn't overrated?

Archived