2016.04.08 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, England

forevermusic

Got the cheap seats in block 218. Would have preferred lower or more central but hey, how bad can they be? Went to the Wall a couple of years ago and the big central scoreboard thing got in the way of the big screen above the stage, but this stage is right in the middle.

I guess when they move to the far end they will be out of sight but they're mostly going to be in the middle aren't they?

• 2 weeks later...
I've decided to console my self on paying (F***k***) tout prices by thinking about how organised I was sorting my hotel room. I got it for half the price they were the day after and they are now sold out both nights.

At least I now have a few months to save up for another tour t-shirt ;):LOL:

My ticket arrived today in a HUGE cardboard envelope and a huge UPS van, lol. :LOL:

ETA: Must put it somewhere safe. If I forget, remind me it's by the lamp in the living room please.

Good point. I'll be a billy no mates in a crowd of 20k, lol. :LOL:

I almost always go by myself tbh. All my friends say it's really weird but I like not having to make sure I don't lose people in the crowd, I can just pogo away to my heart's content :happy:

You can always try talking to other fans but from my experience, it's a bit of a gamble. They're either really nice, annoying, or weird (in a creepy way).

You can always try talking to other fans but from my experience, it's a bit of a gamble. They're either really nice, annoying, or weird (in a creepy way).

There was this one girl in the group in front of me in the queue at Manchester Academy who was really odd, got talking to her while waiting round the back afterwards, had some *interesting* ideas about the band's personal lives...

There was this one girl in the group in front of me in the queue at Manchester Academy who was really odd, got talking to her while waiting round the back afterwards, had some *interesting* ideas about the band's personal lives...

That's as much as I wanna know.... :LOL:

I have 2 standing for Birmingham but I'm desperate to go Manchester on the 8th.. anyone have 2 spare to swap or that want to go to Birmingham

And yes I have put this in 'buy or swap' thread but no one goes there.

Is this a bad place for sale/swap then? Would you recommend a better thread?

I'd prefer to sell my tickets at face value but it all fails, I'll have to ebay them.

Is this a bad place for sale/swap then? Would you recommend a better thread?

I'd prefer to sell my tickets at face value but it all fails, I'll have to ebay them.

No one seems to want to buy/swap here.. just don't want to have to sell for extreme prices or buy for loads

My ticket arrived today in a HUGE cardboard envelope and a huge UPS van, lol. :LOL:

ETA: Must put it somewhere safe. If I forget, remind me it's by the lamp in the living room please.

Wow! You got your ticket already? I thought you get them a matter of weeks/days before the Gig..? :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I live in Manchester next to Manchester Arena, I'm going on my own now so if anyone wants to meet up - hit me up. I can show you around Manchester if you're getting here earlier an point you to right direction (the bar or to queue early).

:LOL:

Where's a good pre-gig place to eat? I'm stopping at the Premier Inn and will travel up by train.

• 1 month later...
Where's a good pre-gig place to eat? I'm stopping at the Premier Inn and will travel up by train.

There's loads of amazing places to eat. I would recommend Exchange Square if you want to stay close to the venue, or can venture further away to the Northern Quarter or Spinningfields/Deansgate. Exchange Square is a stone's throw away with mainly restaurants. Northern Quarter is bars and restaurants. And Spinningfields/Deansgate is the same but pricer.

• 2 weeks later...