2016.04.08 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, England

forevermusic

Can anyone remember what time it finished please? Need to work out if we can make it to Oxford Road station for 11.20

Easily, you could walk it and make it. Or take the tram to Deansgate and a 30 second train

Great gig! 11th time seeing them and still very impressed. Crowd in standing seemed into it all as well which is good to see. Our stand was all stood which also helps create a much better atmosphere :D. Fantastic all round.

Left as soon as I heard the harmonica intro for Knights - seen that played countless times now and thought I'd take that opportunity to beat the traffic :D.

Stage time: 08:30 - End time 10:30 - give for Muse's inevitable lateness to the stage.

Amazing gig, crowd where we were (in front of block 104 I think, where Matt was singing right at the start) were top class, we were going nuts all night :)

I think when you're looking at setlists after every gig it's very easy to be critical and totally write a gig off, looking at the tour thread there's loads of people slagging the setlist off. But last night was amazing and I think the crowd turned it from a normal Muse gig to one of my favourites

Tip for those in standing...last night the guys shook hands with loads of people on the way out at the end of the gig, so if you want to do that you'd need to be on the side where block 215 is....I can't describe it better (look at the seating plan maybe) but thought some people might like to know that. Maybe you don't get a choice which side you're on in standing, but if you're on that side, you might be in luck.

They seemed to throw out lots of picks too. Must have appreciated the crowd to do that?

Tip for those in standing...last night the guys shook hands with loads of people on the way out at the end of the gig, so if you want to do that you'd need to be on the side where block 215 is....I can't describe it better (look at the seating plan maybe) but thought some people might like to know that. Maybe you don't get a choice which side you're on in standing, but if you're on that side, you might be in luck.

They seemed to throw out lots of picks too. Must have appreciated the crowd to do that?

Yeah, they do the hand-shaking thing at every gig tmk. Right by the stairs on one of the arms, right? That's probs the main hotspot that people queue so early for. I posted a kind of map in a thread (maybe this one?) that circled the spot.

Amazing gig, crowd where we were (in front of block 104 I think, where Matt was singing right at the start) were top class, we were going nuts all night :)

I think when you're looking at setlists after every gig it's very easy to be critical and totally write a gig off, looking at the tour thread there's loads of people slagging the setlist off. But last night was amazing and I think the crowd turned it from a normal Muse gig to one of my favourites

I was in that part too. The crowd was amazing! Watching peoples videos on youtube, I'm pleasantly surprised by how loud our singing was, lol. :LOL:

It's so weird how the side with the stairs fills up more slowly than the other side, it's not like there's an actual 'front' and 'back' with this one.

Had an ace spot right in the middle, sweaty but not too squashy, ace crowd, it makes SO much difference when the seated sections stand up!!

Loved this so much. I was in seated and more than a bit disappointed when no one stood up in my entire block! The blocks either side were up and moving. I was the only one standing for three songs (my teenage daughter sooo embarrassed). Even for Knights audience reluctant to get up - but managed it thankfully.

Loved the setlist and the show!

Never seen them live before until the other night.

I knew they were good live, but having seen them in person is a totally different experience. The whole 360 stage set-up was great (didn't think much of it when the announced it)

The crowd were up for it too such a great atmosphere (standing). To top it off I managed to grab a plectrum off Chris :D

I'm now going through the videos on youtube to 'relive' the experience :LOL:

As usual this arena had appalling sound quality. Great stage show - everything visual was amazing. But the sound was just a fog of distortion and reverberation that ruined a great performance. The intro to Hysteria, for example, was just a blurry mess instead of the series of notes that I know Chris was playing.

Shame this sports venue is all that Manchester has to offer a band like Muse. I'll be travelling further afield in future.

Never seen them live before until the other night.

I knew they were good live, but having seen them in person is a totally different experience. The whole 360 stage set-up was great (didn't think much of it when the announced it)

The crowd were up for it too such a great atmosphere (standing). To top it off I managed to grab a plectrum off Chris :D

I'm now going through the videos on youtube to 'relive' the experience :LOL:

Sorry this was your first! You missed a great ride.

I am NEVER EVER getting seated at a Muse gig again, the most frustrating experience of my entire life.

I appreciate that some people are unable to stand and kiddies can't see if they do stand but there should be designated seating for those people who really have to remain seated and some seated areas where it is ok to stand up.

Sitting down for KOC and Hysteria was painful :(

I missed out on standing tickets this time around, they always go so fast and now I know why.

Edited by madcowjo

I want Bliss, Handler & Hysteria. Really want Showbiz but know we won't get that. Do NOT want UD, or Madness but can use that time to get a beer I suppose.

Wish they would play Defector after JFK..it just flows.

Getting quite excited about it now!

Three out of four is pretty good then..Handler was a given though... best thing they hove done in some years I reckon.

As usual this arena had appalling sound quality. Great stage show - everything visual was amazing. But the sound was just a fog of distortion and reverberation that ruined a great performance. The intro to Hysteria, for example, was just a blurry mess instead of the series of notes that I know Chris was playing.

Shame this sports venue is all that Manchester has to offer a band like Muse. I'll be travelling further afield in future.

Hmm... I thought some parts were a bit unlcear in the pit, like the Bass and Drums jam, I couldn't hear the bass notes at all. But seated,it was reallly really great sound for us

I was at the MEN on 8th April and have agree that - as usual - the sound in this venue was average to poor.

A number of the newer purpose built arenas (Leeds for example) really show up the older sports ones.

Because I expected it it didn't bother me as much as it could have and inevitably the band were fantastic but with nowhere else of comparable size in Manchester we are stuck with it.

I have been surprised by the sound in sports arenas in the past - when I saw Muse at Newcastle Telewest in 2006 the sound was very good. Even Lancashire CC was OK sound-wise. But I have seen a number of bands at the MEN and it doesn't change.

I thought the stage setting was terrific, the set list great and the band were on fire - so not much to worry about but as someone mentioned it there you go!