2016.04.12 - O2 Arena, London, England

forevermusic

I don't think it's encouraged more the norm for most shows.

Having done seats I get annoyed that my enjoyment is limited by those people who insist on sitting all the way through. I sat through some of Green Day because I had to. But I didn't insist anyone else sit down in front of me- it's a rock/Pop show not the opera

And yes the o2 seats are bloody uncomfortable

I was considering booking seats for next time I see Muse because the things that annoy me with standing is how people are always jumping up infront of you/on you (I swear everytime I go I attract the one person in the surrounding area who likes to barge into people and shout to their friends for the whole concert, feel like I missed the whole intro + Reapers because of this as did others around me) and I ended out watching half the show through people's phones despite being very close to the stage.

I'm not sure I would find the seats much better from what people have been saying! I guess I'm just too fussy for this world :p

I was considering booking seats for next time I see Muse because the things that annoy me with standing is how people are always jumping up infront of you/on you (I swear everytime I go I attract the one person in the surrounding area who likes to barge into people and shout to their friends for the whole concert, feel like I missed the whole intro + Reapers because of this as did others around me) and I ended out watching half the show through people's phones despite being very close to the stage.

I'm not sure I would find the seats much better from what people have been saying! I guess I'm just too fussy for this world :p

This is why if I'm standing I head for the barrier, it helps that I enjoy the crushing when a pit kicks off, haha

Front row seats - taller than standing with no-one in your eyeline ever!

Which is fine if you're content to stay sat down :)

Meant to ask, but does anybody know why there is apparently no guitar on Starlight these days? I think this started on The 2nd Law tour.

Because they feel like it, and because Matt's finally realised that he doesn't need to have a prop between him and the crowd.

Actually it's not as simple as that.

What gives you the right to be so condescending and unpleasant?

Er, £75 of my money. And it wasnt the fact they were standing, we were all standing for KoC but it was the fact they were drunken morons who had no respect for anybody else in that area. They were talking/shouting to each other during the quiet bits, and simply gave not two shits about anybody nearby. So yes, i have the right to be condescending and unpleasant to people who think they are more important than EVERYBODY around them. At least i have respect for others, and everybody should be the same, regardless of age, race, sex, religion or disability. Thats the world we need to create, if being condescending and unpleasant to people is what is required to reach that, then that is what needs to be done.

Er, £75 of my money. And it wasnt the fact they were standing, we were all standing for KoC but it was the fact they were drunken morons who had no respect for anybody else in that area. They were talking/shouting to each other during the quiet bits, and simply gave not two shits about anybody nearby.

So yes, i have the right to be condescending and unpleasant to people who think they are more important than EVERYBODY around them. At least i have respect for others, and everybody should be the same, regardless of age, race, sex, religion or disability. Thats the world we need to create, if being condescending and unpleasant to people is what is required to reach that, then that is what needs to be done.

People shouting during the quiet bits is very tedious I do agree

But no-one creates respect for others by being condescending and unpleasant. Sorry

People shouting during the quiet bits is very tedious I do agree

But no-one creates respect for others by being condescending and unpleasant. Sorry

I would probably be shit at politics lol. When somebody annoys me, thats it. Whenever my friends have trouble and they cannot sort it diplomatically, they always seem to let me know and ask me to sort it ( I wonder why lol)

Edited by Tuck Norris 85

If you say so. ;) I happen to like the guitar bits on the studio Starlight, so don't regard it as a "prop".

To be honest, i was not particularly bothered about the loss of guitar doing Starlight. Or indeed the first half of Uprising. I think i saw Morgan with a guitar in his hidey hole during these songs.

Er, £75 of my money. And it wasnt the fact they were standing, we were all standing for KoC but it was the fact they were drunken morons who had no respect for anybody else in that area. They were talking/shouting to each other during the quiet bits, and simply gave not two shits about anybody nearby. So yes, i have the right to be condescending and unpleasant to people who think they are more important than EVERYBODY around them. At least i have respect for others, and everybody should be the same, regardless of age, race, sex, religion or disability. Thats the world we need to create, if being condescending and unpleasant to people is what is required to reach that, then that is what needs to be done.

Don't go to a Massive Attack gig

To be honest, i was not particularly bothered about the loss of guitar doing Starlight. Or indeed the first half of Uprising. I think i saw Morgan with a guitar in his hidey hole during these songs.

I didn't even notice. :$

Post-gig depression has set in, especially as I don't know when I'll see them again. I can't afford, both in terms of money and in health, to see Muse more than once a year. I was lucky to see them last year but whether they will do any gigs next year or the year after that I can get to I don't know. :(

Don't go to a Massive Attack gig

Ha, they used to be so brain thumpingly loud, pulverising and impossible to talk over. Or even want to talk over.

But that was before they decided they wanted to be a proper band with instruments and stuff :LOL:

I didn't even notice. :$

Post-gig depression has set in, especially as I don't know when I'll see them again. I can't afford, both in terms of money and in health, to see Muse more than once a year. I was lucky to see them last year but whether they will do any gigs next year or the year after that I can get to I don't know. :(

Lets hope they do, and you can get there. I think they will be quiet next year though.

Ha, they used to be so brain thumpingly loud, pulverising and impossible to talk over. Or even want to talk over.

But that was before they decided they wanted to be a proper band with instruments and stuff :LOL:

I saw them in Leeds. Saw being the operative word. What I heard were drunk morons shreiking and talking about football

I saw them in Leeds. Saw being the operative word. What I heard were drunk morons shreiking and talking about football

I haven't seen them since '95 and they were still more of a soundsystem then. Still like them but wouldn't go and see them these days.

Gigs I've been to in Leeds have had pretty decent crowds but they're mainly at the Met/Uni, whatever the T&C is called now - no outdoor gigs..

I haven't seen them since '95 and they were still more of a soundsystem then. Still like them but wouldn't go and see them these days.

Gigs I've been to in Leeds have had pretty decent crowds but they're mainly at the Met/Uni, whatever the T&C is called now - no outdoor gigs..

It was at the O2 academy. Apparently their entire tour was just full of post-work piss-ups with passing interest to the music

Two observations I forgot:

1. The stage revolves a lot faster than I thought...

2. I thought a lot of the songs were slower than on record

I don't want to get heavily involved on the standing debate, but I stood in seats on both previous visits to Muse at the O2 (2009/2012), and thought a lot more people were sat down for this one than those two gigs. I used to prefer seats in arenas, but since about 2013, my first choice has always been standing.

Two observations I forgot:

1. The stage revolves a lot faster than I thought...

I don't want to get heavily involved on the standing debate, but I stood in seats on both previous visits to Muse at the O2 (2009/2012), and thought a lot more people were sat down for this one than those two gigs. I used to prefer seats in arenas, but since about 2013, my first choice has always been standing.

Yeah, the stage was quite fast. I didnt really notice a decreased tempo on the songs though.

I stood at Birmingham, wasnt a big fan, couldnt see nothing.

Yeah, the stage was quite fast. I didnt really notice a decreased tempo on the songs though.

I stood at Birmingham, wasnt a big fan, couldnt see nothing.

Don't know if it was my earplugs, but it sounded slower than expected for nearly every track. Worked better for some - Reapers, Psycho and the middle bit of The Globalist sounded properly heavy and huge.

My view is slightly different as I went walkabout after Madness, and caught part of the show from 4 different angles. But I think I saw more of the gig than I thought I would - I thought my view would be minimal at best.

A few things do seem to have the edge taken off them, at least they aren't tuning down too much yet.

It's one of the annoying things about bands playing to a click, they're stuck with the tempo they start with and can't respond to the crowd or just go for it if they're in the mood.

The stage revolves a lot faster than I thought...

1 revolution per 5 mins, but much faster for Revolt & Supermassive.

Thought the revolving stage was a perfect solution for being in the round where normally there is still always a "favoured" side. This was the first ever in the round show that I thought worked for all sides.:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
A few things do seem to have the edge taken off them, at least they aren't tuning down too much yet.

It's one of the annoying things about bands playing to a click, they're stuck with the tempo they start with and can't respond to the crowd or just go for it if they're in the mood.

I'm not sure if its quite that the edge is gone - that opening one-two of Reapers & Psycho was humungous. Which I wasn't expecting as usually, being earplugged, the opening song is usually the dullest sounding for my ears. I did think Madness, Starlight and the first guitar-less part of Dead Inside lacked the intensity of the rest, but not much else wrong really, and it was more the fact the songs seemed a bit slower than on record or at Brighton. I'm not saying it as a criticism but I wasn't entirely expecting it.

Not that its always a bad thing - the middle bit of The Globalist was really good slowed down and feeling properly heavy. First part didn't really work live, although the other 2/3rds and the Drones outro did, oddly.

1 revolution per 5 mins, but much faster for Revolt & Supermassive.

Thought the revolving stage was a perfect solution for being in the round where normally there is still always a "favoured" side. This was the first ever in the round show that I thought worked for all sides.:thumbsup:

I did like the rotating stage and I did think it kinda worked. But I was expecting it to be slower than it was. I also didn't expect it to be rotating for more or less the entire show... if I was playing drums in that central bubble I'd get motion sickness pretty quickly. :chuckle:

I'm not sure if its quite that the edge is gone - that opening one-two of Reapers & Psycho was humungous. Which I wasn't expecting as usually, being earplugged, the opening song is usually the dullest sounding for my ears. I did think Madness, Starlight and the first guitar-less part of Dead Inside lacked the intensity of the rest, but not much else wrong really, and it was more the fact the songs seemed a bit slower than on record or at Brighton. I'm not saying it as a criticism but I wasn't entirely expecting it.

Not that its always a bad thing - the middle bit of The Globalist was really good slowed down and feeling properly heavy. First part didn't really work live, although the other 2/3rds and the Drones outro did, oddly.

I did like the rotating stage and I did think it kinda worked. But I was expecting it to be slower than it was. I also didn't expect it to be rotating for more or less the entire show... if I was playing drums in that central bubble I'd get motion sickness pretty quickly. :chuckle:

The tour is saved by the fact that Drones is a strong album, especially live. Imagine if they also played Defector.