2016.04.12 - O2 Arena, London, England

forevermusic

You can sometime get small water bottles through, but it depends on how diligent the security people are on the door.
£

Bastards took my two bottles of water and one woman told me free water was available. Free water my arse! £2.50 a bottle and £3.50 for fizzy drinks. I had half a packet of softmints and some chewing gum so my son and I shared those till after the gig but were so dehydrated afterwards we gave in and bought one bottle between us. She also frisked him but, when I asked her why she didn't frisk me, she said: 'I can't.' I was in a wheelchair but could have stood up and my son had a wire hanging out of his jacket pocket from his phone charger and she didn't even look. So much for security!:mad:

That was probably the most average Muse gig I've ever seen, started off well but just went off the boil as soon as they got to SMBH and never really got it back. Mercy was surprisingly good and the Globalist was better than I expected but the old stuff is still the same old stuff with no surprises at all :(

That was probably the most average Muse gig I've ever seen, started off well but just went off the boil as soon as they got to SMBH and never really got it back. Mercy was surprisingly good and the Globalist was better than I expected but the old stuff is still the same old stuff with no surprises at all :(

Had it even finished by the time you posted this? Last night's gig went on for at least another half an hour.

I thought that was great. I got there for 18:30 and there was already a massive queue but still managed front centre barrier. I was in the stands at Manchester on Saturday so it was nice to get a different viewpoint and as always the band delivered. Matts vocals seemed stronger tonight and I thought the setlist was better, would still have preferred Bliss over PIB though....

Overall thought it was fantastic, Sunburn was a treat as was MOTP and TaB, 2 songs I was hoping to hear tonight. Was also good to have Hysteria back in the setlist, which was missing on Saturday night

Had it even finished by the time you posted this? Last night's gig went on for at least another half an hour.

Yep, sitting on train home. Last night's gig ran to 23.30? I doubt it! It wasn't bad just average, apart from the pretty stage and seeing 3 new songs off Drones there was nothing different at all. Same old songs, same moves. so disappointing after the 2015 gigs..

Yep, sitting on train home. Last night's gig ran to 23.30? I doubt it! It wasn't bad just average, apart from the pretty stage and seeing 3 new songs off Drones there was nothing different at all. Same old songs, same moves. so disappointing after the 2015 gigs..

I realise what happened now. I'm seeing the wrong time on posts so it looked like you posted that comment at 10.02.:rolleyes:I was on GMT but now I've switched to GMT + 1, it's correct. I've been on the wrong time since I joined the forum. I expect I'll get fed up with the setlist when I've (hopefully!) seen as many gigs as you but this was only my third so I still get excited when I hear the old favourites.

Edited by maturefan

Posted these in the tour thread but gonna post em here too. My videos from tonight of the interesting/rotational songs, with amazing quality of both audio and video (especially considering it was taken on a phone... Albeit a £700 phone.)

Sunburn

Handler

Map

Take a Bow

I still get excited when I hear the old favourites.

To be fair, I am also sulking that they didn't play Defector, Revolt or Apocalypse and that it was £5.20 for a beer.. I am quite fond of the old favourites, just not all the time!

I'm going to disagree with everyone else and say that I thought tonight was simply breathtaking.

I've not been a massive fan of Drones and was wondering what I'd make of tonight. My seats had a handrail between them and the stage, but a complaint got us moved to dead centre in front of the stage - quite some result! So intimate, and a great place to experience the whole production, even if the people around us were a bit sterile.

I was gripped by "the show" from start to finish, unlike previous gigs, no moment really dropped for me, which was quite a surprise. Definitely a less visceral gig, but an absolute treat...

Bastards took my two bottles of water and one woman told me free water was available. Free water my arse! £2.50 a bottle and £3.50 for fizzy drinks.

Took mine too - found that the bars were happy to give free cups of tap water (saddo designated driver) - if you don't ask...

12961455_10154245951492868_2328131837937447682_n.jpg?oh=fa32afca8aff60b2d415ba1a4da1290f&oe=57BFAF07

To be fair, I am also sulking that they didn't play Defector, Revolt or Apocalypse and that it was £5.20 for a beer.. I am quite fond of the old favourites, just not all the time!

I would love to have heard Defector, Revolt and Aftermath.

Alec, we were late arriving and I expect my son just went to the wrong place. It was our first time at the O2. Next time I'll just suck it up and buy one bottle of water. I had half a bottle of wine with my meal in the hotel restaurant before the gig and that probably cost as much as it would have cost at the O2 but I accepted it as a necessary expense. I was feeling good after that!:D

What a night..even better than Monday.

Didn't expect Hysteria again so that was a nice bonus. Had a direct fly by of the dildrone as well

Couple of days to recover before doing it all over sgain

Re water bottles- yep they will take them but they don't check that thoroughly so it's usually possible to get small bottles in

Another great gig, I was in a livelier block than I was on Monday which was great, stood up for most songs. Nothing I haven't already heard at this one though. Hoping for Apocalypse Please and Revolt in the next two nights (or any surprises).

If this tour is proving anything to me it's that I've reached a stage of being bored of certain songs live. A couple of years ago I'd be happy to hear and be involved in anything at a Muse gig but now I'm definitely building a small list of "bathroom break" songs - namely Supermassive, Starlight and Madness.

Sad that the crowd really doesn't get behind The Globalist. As if to prove my point, two guys next to me sparked up a spliff as it started and started offering some to everybody around them. :stunned:

Well we loved that gig and thought it was sufficiently different not to feel like deja vu. There will always be people who are fed up hearing Starlight, Madness (for me it's The Resistance) but for every one of us, there will be another 1000 at the gig who DO want to hear those songs. You can't please everyone so you've got to go with one-size-hopefully -fits-most approach.

As with Monday night, we were the first to stand up in our block. Felt a little bit self-conscious at first and praying there'd be no tap on the shoulder but within about 5 seconds the music took over and we didn't care. It's Muse for crying out loud, not Katie Melua! What is it with people sitting all the way through a Muse gig? I just don't get it. They're dead inside I reckon...

What was going on with security last night? It took way longer than Monday and they didn't seem to be working any slower. I think we might have got in the queue about 15 minutes earlier (around 7.40) but we didn't get in till about 8.10. I noticed Muse started a bit later as well and I wonder if that was the reason.

Anyway, two great gigs in a row - we're all happy. Wish we were going to see them Thursday and Friday as well but I don't think my body or my pocket can take it! If we lived around the corner it'd be a different story.

What was going on with security last night? It took way longer than Monday and they didn't seem to be working any slower. I think we might have got in the queue about 15 minutes earlier (around 7.40) but we didn't get in till about 8.10. I noticed Muse started a bit later as well and I wonder if that was the reason.

I meant to ask this as well. What was with the huge queues to get in? Thankfully I left a bit earlier than usual last night, or I think I'd have missed the start. Got there around 8:10 and the queues at both entrance B and H (where I was) were unbelievable. The stewards walking up and down the queues seemed confused and annoyed by it too as everybody was complaining at them. Shoutout to the steward who kept shouting "I'm just a human with blood and veins, I feel the pain too!" :LOL:

I really enjoyed last night - despite having been a fan for 15 years, having played their albums to death and attended 4 gigs (okay that probably pales in comparison to a lot of you), I'm still in love with every song. I was especially happy to hear Sunburn which ranks as one of my favourites, and from the new material I thought all of them were pretty decent. I'd loved to have heard Citizen Erased/Stockholm Syndrome/New Born/Dead Star (I can dream) but I appreciate with the back-catalogue getting to the size that it is I'm never going to be completely satisfied. Still, an amazing night!

What an amazing night!! It was my 3rd Muse gig and to me that playlist was almost perfect! Btw anybody have the full list, want to save it somewhere?

As to the question what's wrong with ppl seating - we're told to sit by seciruty, but was jumping out of my seat the whole night :D:p

That was an incredible night! Stunning visuals. All the work that has gone into these shows. It really is their most ambitious show to date. So pleased to have Sunburn and Hysteria in there which made it a perfect night for me. I liked the announcement at the start asking people to make sure the flash on their cameras was off "it will ensure everyone has the best experience of the visuals and your photos will look better that way. Muse are happy for you to take as many photos and videos as you want." When I saw them at the Emirates I was at the barrier and the woman next to me was told she couldn't use her camera as it was a pro one (it wasn't). Anyway, it's nice to be told you're free to do what you want. Interesting angry cat noise too haha.

Some people here complaining about the food and drink policy. I thought when I was told last night I couldn't take a cereal bar in it was a bit ridiculous. I was told it was because people throw things, but once you are in the arena you can buy food and drink and take it in, so that really isn't the reason they don't allow it.

Because I arrived early I had no huge queue to get through and the two supports were well worth getting there for. I never saw Muse in the early days (my first gig was Wembley 2007 - what a night that was!) so My Vitriol were new to me. Phantogram were excellent too.

This was an odd one as I had a lot of employment issues and a major stomach ache from a dodgy Subway bothering me, so I wasn't in the best of moods.

Muse themselves were great, but I think I would've enjoyed it more if I wasn't in such an appalling mood, which also lead to a rare state of massive post-gig depression even in the tube stop.

A few songs weren't as good as others (hello Starlight) but that opening of Reapers & Psycho was fucking massive and set the tone. I do have some reservations, and think they could've started 5 minutes earlier with an extra tune, but the gig was on the whole really good and sounded huge - much better than my last visit to the O2 - and the crowd was really up for it. MOTP was awesome as ever, and it was great to hear Sunburn and Take a Bow again.

An unusual experience too - I went for water during Madness, then after not liking where I was for MOTP/Hysteria, I decided to go walkabout. So went up to an end platform to watch Chris start TIRO, then to the other end to watch Matt during the second half and also in Uprising (strip tease and all!). That was quite a good experience.

Agreed the dildrone looks shit. And I was also amused it crashed into the piano (from where I was standing).

I meant to ask this as well. What was with the huge queues to get in? Thankfully I left a bit earlier than usual last night, or I think I'd have missed the start. Got there around 8:10 and the queues at both entrance B and H (where I was) were unbelievable. The stewards walking up and down the queues seemed confused and annoyed by it too as everybody was complaining at them. Shoutout to the steward who kept shouting "I'm just a human with blood and veins, I feel the pain too!" :LOL:

We thought maybe there had been an extra security alert. Although it meant we missed both supports instead of just one, we were actually pleased that they were taking security so seriously.

Some of us are old and have got dodgy knees, so a comfy seat is something to be cherished :p

Sitting doesn't prevent shouting, singing and clapping, along with a bit of foot stomping and nodding! :D

Understand re the dodgy body parts, but chair dancing is like sex without the orgasm

Understand re the dodgy body parts, but chair dancing is like sex without the orgasm

This show was more about the way it looked for me, and not just the way it sounded. I always love standing but I wanted a seat for this one so I could take in the whole thing.

But no doubt wherever you were in the arena you would have enjoyed it. A lot of people were standing in their seats anyway.

Edited by Miss Minkey