2016.04.12 - O2 Arena, London, England

forevermusic

Tickets sorted - seats in corner block. 105 I think. Not brilliant, but hey I'm going! And won't be able to join in the gen frenzy on Fri, so had to just grab & go. Which I did :p

I'm in block 105. Better than upper tier furthest from the stage at the Emirates!

I've booked 2 nights in Premier Inn Greenwich. It cost £239.50 for just me but do you know what? I'm worth it!:LOL:

Actually we were level four for Queen in January and the view was excellent! Got level one this time though.

Sat up there for Paul Simon & Sting with last minute tickets earlier this year. Admittedly the seats were about as high as you can get, but the sound was the worst arena sound I've *ever* heard. So bad I complained. Ended up OK, as we were moved to *much* better seats :D

Sat up there for War of the Worlds, too. OK, but nowhere near being down on level 1.

I hate arenas so much, that very few acts will tempt me into them, and the seats *really* have to be right!

Grenwich is a lovely hotel, but Lewisham is only one stop further on the DLR and half the price. We could have shared a taxi to the venue!

Enjoy anyway - as I say Grenwich is a great hotel.

I have ME and I'm going to be knackered as it is so I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks for recommending the Greenwich Premier Inn. Last time I saw Muse in London I paid £75 a night for a grotty hotel with a grotty breakfast near St Pancras and still had to travel. My son lives in Hendon so it will be easier for him to just come to Greenwich. Is the hotel walking distance from the O2?

I have ME and I'm going to be knackered as it is so I didn't want to take any chances. Thanks for recommending the Greenwich Premier Inn. Last time I saw Muse in London I paid £75 a night for a grotty hotel with a grotty breakfast near St Pancras and still had to travel. My son lives in Hendon so it will be easier for him to just come to Greenwich. Is the hotel walking distance from the O2?

Sorry about the ME. I have Lupus so I kinda know a little bit but obviously Yours is far more severe. No it isn't within walking distance. We got a taxi to the O2 and shared it with some people we met in the hotel who were going to the same gig. It wasn't too expensive.

Sorry about the ME. I have Lupus so I kinda know a little bit but obviously Yours is far more severe. No it isn't within walking distance. We got a taxi to the O2 and shared it with some people we met in the hotel who were going to the same gig. It wasn't too expensive.

i SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE SPECIFIC ABOUT 'WALKING DISTANCE.' Oops! I'm bringing a mobility scooter so is it more than two miles? Also, lupus is pretty horrible, isn't it?

I'm posting in the wrong thread as I've bought tickets for 11/4.

Edited by maturefan

I'm sure no-one will mind as I'm helping you out. A quick Apple maps search shows 2.7 miles. It's the same side of the river and quite a nice route although some of it is quite busy main road, and the traffic can be horrendous outside the O2 itself.

You go past the cutty sark :)

Thanks! When I was there for T2L it was a Bank Holiday on the day we were due to travel home and we couldn't get a taxi. I can get one this time if it's wet but I might be better off bringing a fold-up wheelchair as the scooter needs a vehicle with a ramp which might limit the available taxis I can use.

I'm confused as to how people posted here that they'd secured tickets at just gone 08:00 when the sale wasn't meant to start until 09:00. Can someone enlighten me pls so I know for next time? :(

I asked the same question and was told that the clock on the board was an hour behind.:LOL: The sale started at 9.00am.

Congrats to Norwichred - so 2016 will be some year for you!!!

And grr to this whole ticket business. I *always* want the last night, so get in early for these tickets - then they add extra dates on the Thu & Fri, with even better seats available. Must not be bitter & twisted....:$

After a right hassle with presale and o2 priority getting me nothing, I managed to get four standing today! Cant wait for April now.

AlecSp, gigsandtours have tickets available for the Friday at O2 again now, I just caved and got myself a standing ticket for Friday as well.