2016.04.11 - O2 Arena, London, England

forevermusic

The band were onstage at about 8.40 on Monday and played till about 10.30. If you're planning to travel home by Tube afterwards, there was a massive queue and we got a bus instead. There were fewer people waiting for buses and we were able to get onto the first one. Have a great time! Don't bring any food or drinks with you or they will be confiscated. You can ask for a free glass of tapwater in any of the bars, I believe, but a bottle of water will cost £2.50.

The band were onstage at about 8.40 on Monday and played till about 10.30. If you're planning to travel home by Tube afterwards, there was a massive queue and we got a bus instead. There were fewer people waiting for buses and we were able to get onto the first one. Have a great time! Don't bring any food or drinks with you or they will be confiscated. You can ask for a free glass of tapwater in any of the bars, I believe, but a bottle of water will cost £2.50.

The alternative is go to a bar for 1/2 hour, then just walk straight onto the tube. I'd also advise not using any transport that goes north via Blackwall Tunnel along with everyone else..

6 Muse gigs down and I finally got to see my favourite song live!! YUSSSS Citizen Erased! This gig is up there with Exeter Great Hall as my joint favourite now. Bloody EPIC. Considering it was an arena gig we managed to get really close to the front of circular stage, pretty much as close as we did at Exeter (which was tiny) so that was a definite plus to the 360 layout. But... although we were able to get that close the stage configuration seemed to mix die-hard fans with people just there to watch like boring statues. We were moshing like loons alongside people intent on standing dead still and giving us dirty looks. We didnt care, but really?!! If you don't want to jump around and enjoy it SIT THE FUUUUCCCKK DOOOOWWWNNN!!!! (as said famously by Dom in the Slipknot mask...)

6 Muse gigs down and I finally got to see my favourite song live!! YUSSSS Citizen Erased! This gig is up there with Exeter Great Hall as my joint favourite now. Bloody EPIC. Considering it was an arena gig we managed to get really close to the front of circular stage, pretty much as close as we did at Exeter (which was tiny) so that was a definite plus to the 360 layout. But... although we were able to get that close the stage configuration seemed to mix die-hard fans with people just there to watch like boring statues. We were moshing like loons alongside people intent on standing dead still and giving us dirty looks. We didnt care, but really?!! If you don't want to jump around and enjoy it SIT THE FUUUUCCCKK DOOOOWWWNNN!!!! (as said famously by Dom in the Slipknot mask...)

Maybe their way of enjoying it is just different to yours? They may have wanted to stand but not jump around. If you pay for a seat and then stand for the whole gig, you seriously piss people off.

Maybe their way of enjoying it is just different to yours? They may have wanted to stand but not jump around. If you pay for a seat and then stand for the whole gig, you seriously piss people off.

I guess what I meant to say (or maybe explain more clearly) is I think people expect to be jostled around a bit at the very front of a conventional stage, so if you want to jump and dance or are happy for the people around you to do so, then you too would be happy to go to the front. If I go to a gig that I'm not massively into, or don't feel like dancing at, I would hang back a bit. I just think with the 360 stage it kinda mixed people up - between those that like to just stand and those that like to dance. It just didn't feel very collective.

I guess what I meant to say (or maybe explain more clearly) is I think people expect to be jostled around a bit at the very front of a conventional stage, so if you want to jump and dance or are happy for the people around you to do so, then you too would be happy to go to the front. If I go to a gig that I'm not massively into, or don't feel like dancing at, I would hang back a bit. I just think with the 360 stage it kinda mixed people up - between those that like to just stand and those that like to dance. It just didn't feel very collective.

I get you now. They may have wanted to see the band close up, though. Matt and Chris came to the diamond a lot but Dom was stuck in the middle so that was the only place to see him. I'm sorry if the people who didn't jump around or dance gave you dirty looks. That's not acceptable wherever you are.:noey:

I get you now. They may have wanted to see the band close up, though. Matt and Chris came to the diamond a lot but Dom was stuck in the middle so that was the only place to see him. I'm sorry if the people who didn't jump around or dance gave you dirty looks. That's not acceptable wherever you are.:noey:

Yeah definitely! You are totally right - the 360 stage setup was awesome for seeing the band! I couldn't quite believe the view I had considering it was an arena!! :thumbsup:

Yeah definitely! You are totally right - the 360 stage setup was awesome for seeing the band! I couldn't quite believe the view I had considering it was an arena!! :thumbsup:

I loved being able to see Matt and Chris close up but Dom is my favourite and he's usually stuck in the same place. He did move at one point but it was to the end furthest away from me.:'(

I loved being able to see Matt and Chris close up but Dom is my favourite and he's usually stuck in the same place. He did move at one point but it was to the end furthest away from me.:'(

Yeah I noticed that, and I thought it was great that he moved but was a shame that he couldn't have done the same on the other side as well for another song, but then I guess it may have been limited by the setlist? I think it was UD when he moved?

We got barrier and an incredibly close view as a result. I thought Matt looked p*ssed off all night, and I'm only a casual fan but it was clear to see. Especially at the end, when Dom was holding out the closing beat of Knights, he looked agitated before finally smiling after.

Also, as a guitarist, I thought his tone was muddy. That said, I very much enjoyed the evening and was pleased to see CE, more so at how well his voice held up to singing it these days.

We got barrier and an incredibly close view as a result. I thought Matt looked p*ssed off all night, and I'm only a casual fan but it was clear to see. Especially at the end, when Dom was holding out the closing beat of Knights, he looked agitated before finally smiling after.

Also, as a guitarist, I thought his tone was muddy. That said, I very much enjoyed the evening and was pleased to see CE, more so at how well his voice held up to singing it these days.

After reading comments on earlier gigs with people saying Matt's voice didn't sound as good as usual, I asked my son what he thought, as my hearing's rubbish. He said he thought Matt wasn't really trying.:(

After reading comments on earlier gigs with people saying Matt's voice didn't sound as good as usual, I asked my son what he thought, as my hearing's rubbish. He said he thought Matt wasn't really trying.:(

Well, either way we can see his heart didn't seem in it.

Well, either way we can see his heart didn't seem in it.

I don't know about that, but general guitar abuse (like chucking one away twice) usually seems to indicate that something's amiss. There was a bit of unintentional feedback at times through the amplifiers, so I wonder if that was also true of the in-ear monitors that the band have - if you can't hear properly what you sound like then it throws you off.

I don't know about that, but general guitar abuse (like chucking one away twice) usually seems to indicate that something's amiss. There was a bit of unintentional feedback at times through the amplifiers, so I wonder if that was also true of the in-ear monitors that the band have - if you can't hear properly what you sound like then it throws you off.

I saw Matt chucking the guitar once at the diamond stage at my end. When was the other occasion? It looked odd as it wasn't at the end of the gig and he didn't smash it up so it wasn't a cathartic moment for anybody and seemed a bit pointless.

Anyone else got post-gig depression? I won't be able to see them again this year though I know I was lucky to see them at all, and I saw them last year, too. I can't bear to wait another two or three years.:'(

Yeah, I've got post gig depression, but only through seeing the setlists for the other nights...

Oh, for goodness' sake! Some people can't see them this time AT ALL, either through illness or lack of money or because Muse aren't playing anywhere within 1,000 miles from them.:eek:

Oh, for goodness' sake! Some people can't see them this time AT ALL, either through illness or lack of money or because Muse aren't playing anywhere within 1,000 miles from them.:eek:

Erm... So, what, I'm not allowed to be a little bit disappointed? It was OK, I enjoyed parts, but thought some of it was a bit, dare I say, dull.

Sorry.

Yeah, I've got post gig depression, but only through seeing the setlists for the other nights...

I'm with you a little bit there, although CE literally made my night! I had such a massive (possibly a bit scary to the band as I was on the barrier) smile on my face throughout whilst also singing along. I left the gig so beyond disappointed, but I have since developed a striking pair of rose tinted glasses about the rest of the night. To be fair, I still feel like The Globalist was such a highlight. I had found that one such a snoozed fest on YouTube videos, but in person I loved it. I would have preferred TaB over UD, BUT at least I do actually really enjoy UD a lot. I'd have actually preferred a traditional barrier walk for that one from Matt, as I couldn't see him very well for most of it anyway and I was stood on the barrier so it would have been nice to experience that. I just can't stop smiling at CE, I've been wanting to hear that one live for so long! I'd say the only song left on Origin that I actually care about seeing is Dark Shines. I've been lucky enough to see PIB 4 times, Bliss twice, FG (if we want to call this lucky?) once and also Hyper Music once. So I'd love to see Dark Shines one day and that would be me happy with Origin. I've never been fussed about things like Futurism.

I think I personally just found it difficult to go from seeing them in such an amazingly intimate gig last year with a phenomenal setlist (Manchester) to seeing them on a more commercial scale this year. I'd much rather them start alternating club tours in between their arena and stadium tours as a regular thing, because I'd definitely go to as many of the smaller gigs as I could and then maybe go to one arena or stadium gig.

I'm with you a little bit there, although CE literally made my night! I had such a massive (possibly a bit scary to the band as I was on the barrier) smile on my face throughout whilst also singing along. I left the gig so beyond disappointed, but I have since developed a striking pair of rose tinted glasses about the rest of the night. To be fair, I still feel like The Globalist was such a highlight. I had found that one such a snoozed fest on YouTube videos, but in person I loved it. I would have preferred TaB over UD, BUT at least I do actually really enjoy UD a lot. I'd have actually preferred a traditional barrier walk for that one from Matt, as I couldn't see him very well for most of it anyway and I was stood on the barrier so it would have been nice to experience that. I just can't stop smiling at CE, I've been wanting to hear that one live for so long! I'd say the only song left on Origin that I actually care about seeing is Dark Shines. I've been lucky enough to see PIB 4 times, Bliss twice, FG (if we want to call this lucky?) once and also Hyper Music once. So I'd love to see Dark Shines one day and that would be me happy with Origin. I've never been fussed about things like Futurism.

I think I personally just found it difficult to go from seeing them in such an amazingly intimate gig last year with a phenomenal setlist (Manchester) to seeing them on a more commercial scale this year. I'd much rather them start alternating club tours in between their arena and stadium tours as a regular thing, because I'd definitely go to as many of the smaller gigs as I could and then maybe go to one arena or stadium gig.

I was really lucky to see them in Newport last year but smaller venues mean fewer people get to see them and I feel bad that there are so many parts of the world who never see them at all. I know some US fans weren't able to get to shows this time because they were all too far away.

Tbf I had that while on the tube home the night after, and I've never really had it before. But then until the point of getting to London, I was in an awful state of mind, so with the fun of the gig over, it was back to it.

• 1 year later...