What songs doesn't Matt use his falsetto in?

When I first got into Muse, I noticed that at at least one point in every song Matt went up into his falsetto, which I just found amazing since most singers don't rely so much on that part of their voice. However, in my recent discovery of how great Dead Star is, I started to think about Matt's vocals and couldn't recall ever hearing him use falsetto in the song, which seemed pretty rare for him, especially on such an early track. I could be wrong about that of course, but that's memory for you. So now I'm wondering, what other Muse songs (sung by Matt of course) go by without Matt reaching up for his falsetto?

Dead Star

TOADA

Yes Please

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

In Your World

Jimmy Kane

Uno

Escape

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

Invincible

Hoodoo

Resistance

Cross-Pollination

Prague

Animals

Follow Me (excluding backing vox)

United States Of Eurasia (excluding backing vox)

Eternally Missed (excluding backing vox)

Unnatural Selection (excluding backing vox)

Fury (excluding backing vox)

Exo-Politics (excluding backing vox)

Uprising (excluding backing vox + "So come on"s)

Ashamed (excluding backing vox)

FAWY (excluding backing vox)

Pretty sure that's /thread, might be wrong though.

Edited by Jobby

Dead Star

TOADA

Yes Please

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

In Your World

Jimmy Kane

Uno

Escape

Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

Invincible

Hoodoo

Resistance

Cross-Pollination

Prague

Animals

Follow Me (excluding backing vox)

United States Of Eurasia (excluding backing vox)

Eternally Missed (excluding backing vox)

Unnatural Selection (excluding backing vox)

Fury (excluding backing vox)

Exo-Politics (excluding backing vox)

Uprising (excluding backing vox, including "So come on"s)

Ashamed (excluding backing vox)

FAWY (excluding backing vox)

Pretty sure that's /thread, might be wrong though.

Wow, funny how I never noticed that in all those songs before. Does Matt not do the "so come on"s in Uprising?

Wow, funny how I never noticed that in all those songs before. Does Matt not do the "so come on"s in Uprising?

I don't know tbh, I just included them as backing vocals so didn't count them. I realise the way I worded that bracket could be a bit confusing though.

Shit is gonna come down on me but Muse can retire when Matt can't do proper falsettos anymore. I don't know absolutely anything about vocals but in 10 years he is gonna die if he attempts to sing KOC,Bliss outro etc and i prefer not to watch them tuning instruments down because it's all gonna be downhill from there :LOL:

I know they already started tuning instruments down for some old songs but it stills sound great.

Shit is gonna come down on me but Muse can retire when Matt can't do proper falsettos anymore. I don't know absolutely anything about vocals but in 10 years he is gonna die if he attempts to sing KOC,Bliss outro etc and i prefer not to watch them tuning instruments down because it's all gonna be downhill from there :LOL:

I know they already started tuning instruments down for some old songs but it stills sound great.

This makes sense in a way I don't understand.

What you don't understand? They started tuning instruments down i think for a couple of songs and it still sounds fine but at some point it won't, or does Black Sabbath sound good to you?

Matt used to sing everything pretty much effortlessly right up until T2L, now he has a hard time with some songs, even SS sounds weird (like i said i dont know anything about vocals).

Edited by White Heat

They could always begin to try making proper instrumental albums. I'd also really love that.

Why are you so pessimistic about Matt?;)

1. Calling some bad voice changes after, say, 35, natural , inevitable and not worthy to upset is the same thing as calling wrinkles and obesity after, say, 40, even more natural and inevitable. Anyone who takes care of himself will neither get fat nor lose the vocal range completely. Aren't there any examples of people older than Matt who still sing as good/ high as in their early days? There are. Is Matt worse?

2. Matt sings decently if he wants to. He hit his highest note this year. Why he doesn't want to sing as good as he can sometimes, is another question.

3. Can we help Matt anyhow? Can we change the current situation? None of us will go and sing the last part of DI/Madness instead of Matt, no matter how much we write about it here. Should we still discuss it if we can't do anything about it?

Well, in fact, we can help. We can go to church and pray...what if it works?