What songs doesn't Matt use his falsetto in?

. Matt sings decently if he wants to. He hit his highest note this year. Why he doesn't want to sing as good as he can sometimes, is another question.

And what note is this? If you are referring to Micro Cuts, that's a G5 and isn't his highest ever note by a long way

Had never heard of that one. Although his highest note is reaching to a D6, think it might be another performance of Agitated from 99/00
No it isn't, that's a sharpish C6. That is if you're talking about the MCM performance from 1999.

If it's the PIB performance from 2000 which is in some range video, that's a D5 with overtones.

I still find it incredibly ridiculous that people count rather uncontrolled screams as 'highest hit notes'.

Highest notes are for me notes that you intend to sing (such as that D5)

Well I do consider it a high note, but not sung. I had been meaning to get to it but haven't had the time for a long reply, but basically:

2. Matt sings decently if he wants to. He hit his highest note this year. Why he doesn't want to sing as good as he can sometimes, is another question.

The fact that he hit his highest note has nothing to do with good singing. The higher =/= the better, and it just shows that he has a good falsetto day. But he still struggles way more than last tour. You can't just take one note and then ignore all the other evidence pointing to the opposite.

Singing and yelling notes are totally different.

But as you said, he was literally sick that day, so obviously no one is gonna start threads about his vocal decline or anything. That hasn't been the case during this tour. This tour has been overall way worse than the last one. (Even though we had one really good performance of Micro Cuts)

i gave my theory here (i must've been really bored)

http://board.muse.mu/showpost.php?p=11052191&postcount=2976

Well I do consider it a high note, but not sung. I had been meaning to get to it but haven't had the time for a long reply, but basically:

The fact that he hit his highest note has nothing to do with good singing. The higher =/= the better, and it just shows that he has a good falsetto day. But he still struggles way more than last tour. You can't just take one note and then ignore all the other evidence pointing to the opposite.

Singing and yelling notes are totally different.

Indeed, I've been pissed off as fuck with my voice over the past 3 years, we delayed recording our album by 6 months to try and get it back but it's still shit... And most of this time my softer high notes have been better than ever. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gemsy

That's a different conversation. This is just about how objectively well Matt sang last tour compared to this one.

how objectively well someone sings? i don't think that exists.

i think he sounded much better in the early 2000s, his vibrato was much faster and his voice much more intense, i don't blame him for losing it though.

how objectively well someone sings? i don't think that exists.

i think he sounded much better in the early 2000s, his vibrato was much faster and his voice much more intense, i don't blame him for losing it though.

What he means is basically technical proficiency and range.

But personally I've started to dislike his 2003-2006 live vocals quite a lot due to how strained, nasal and thin it sounded a lot of the time. His 2012 vocals had so much more power, but ofc came with some annoying hero vocals, and a lack of emotional input imo. That changed during this album...but then his voice went a bit downhill as well, so meh.