Muse on Radio 1 live lounge in September

treehugger

Sorry everyone! Taking my boyfriend as he loves Muse as much as I do!

Most stressful experience. Listening to Radio 1 from 6.30am till 3pm when I got the tickets. Had to call in whenever they played a muse song, first caller through had to guess the name of the song from a lyric being read out. 5 people got it wrong and I got through on chance when they reopened the lines after someone failed. It was hell. Rang on first note and still didn't get through. Did it in the end by ringing before he said "go".

Should be fun! Only 4 pairs of tickets given away

Well done, you must be in shock! I knew this was on but was at work so missed it all. What lyrics did you get? The nightmare part is just getting through on the phone.

Well done, you must be in shock! I knew this was on but was at work so missed it all. What lyrics did you get? The nightmare part is just getting through on the phone.

I got "Oooh baby don't you know I suffer, ooooh baby can you hear me moan"

The guy before me (who failed) got "link it to the world, link it to yourself". Pretty tough for a generic fan!

It was a nightmare trying to get through, I almost gave up!

Well done Liv! I got through as the second caller when they played Neutron Star Collision, and the guy messed up and didn't answer in time. I assumed I'd be put straight through, but they apologised and told me to call back, which there wasn't enough time to do! :(

I got "Oooh baby don't you know I suffer, ooooh baby can you hear me moan"

The guy before me (who failed) got "link it to the world, link it to yourself". Pretty tough for a generic fan!

It was a nightmare trying to get through, I almost gave up!

Nice one! Oh yeah, New Born lyrics would deffo challenge the generics.

Good thing you didn't give, you're gonna have an amazing experience :D

Matt's joining Chris Evans on radio 2 on the same day, wonder if we'll get any annoumcements?

I heard about that when Chris mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. Radio 2 played SMBH as the movie song from Twilight and said Matt would be there this Friday for a chat.

I smell gig number 10 coming on........;)

It can also be at Maida Vale Studios according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Lounge.

Wikipedia also talks about artist performing acoustic sets. I am not familiar with BBC Live lounge. Do you think Muse would play acoustic ? I have not seen them play an acoustic set since 1999...

The last time they did an acoustic session for radio was in 2003 (maybe 2004), iirc. I'm pretty much 100% certain this won't be one.

Says on the news page for this that Matt's announcing something special. Probably the release date for Revolt, but I'm hoping for tour announcements.

Is Revolt very Radio 2 though? I thought that would be more Radio 1, though Annie Mac has nowhere near the same clout as Zane.

Tour dates would make more sense. Royal Albert Hall here we come

A concert at the RAH would be awesome ! I would be disappointed if it is only the Revolt video...

I don't think he would announce the O2 Arena on the radio. They would probably announce the entire European tour on their website. But I might be wrong. We'll see tomorrow :)