Muse on Radio 1 live lounge in September

treehugger

I would have thought Revolt would be a given, with it's imminent release.
totally forgot that was gonna be a single. Honestly I rarely pay attention to the latter singles, and neither does the label apparently. I mean...Big Freeze was a single? Supremacy?

The subsequent singles have been such an afterthought they barely even register, yeah.

I really don't understand the point of them, tbh.

They get no fanfare or promotion, the second one always comes WAY too soon after the first one, they do crappy on the charts, and one of them always gets a live video. :chuckle:

This cycle was particularly weird because they were just releasing all the songs week by week, and then stopped for Revolt.

They MUST be waiting to release Revolt and the tour dates at the same time, this time, and is probably the only reason I remember.

Except, that implies they're pinning a lot of hope on Revolt's success as a single, so that can't be right...

The subsequent singles have been such an afterthought they barely even register, yeah.

I really don't understand the point of them, tbh.

They get no fanfare or promotion, the second one always comes WAY too soon after the first one, they do crappy on the charts, and one of them always gets a live video. :chuckle:

This cycle was particularly weird because they were just releasing all the songs week by week, and then stopped for Revolt.

They MUST be waiting to release Revolt and the tour dates at the same time, this time, and is probably the only reason I remember.

Except, that implies they're pinning a lot of hope on Revolt's success as a single, so that can't be right...

:logic:

Whatever the cover is, assuming they do one, I hope it lives up to the Sign O' The Times one from 2012 (that they never released) <3

If it's Lithium I'll be disappointed, not gonna lie.

OMG I have totally the opposite opinion to you on this. I was very Meh about Sign of the Times but Lithium would be pretty exciting.

OMG I have totally the opposite opinion to you on this. I was very Meh about Sign of the Times but Lithium would be pretty exciting.

But...Sign O' The Times was amazing :(

I found Lithium pretty boring 'cause it was just exactly the same as the original, which is a pretty dull song in the first place.

Big Freeze was just a promotional single in France, wasn't it?
Yes

I found Lithium pretty boring 'cause it was just exactly the same as the original, which is a pretty dull song in the first place.

Yep.

It was fun, but I didn't think Muse really made Lithium their own enough for it to be exciting.

I just love Nirvana and Muse covering Nirvana was and would be amazing for me.

I guess I'm just not excited by Sign o the Times whatever the version. It's OK and that but I find the music of Nirvana far more interesting, even if Muse did a close cover.

I'd actually like them to cover something modern and unexpected though. I'm also looking forward to the Foals live lounge.

But surely it will be something 'new'. They haven't done any covers during this era yet (or have they?). Lithium has been done live a few times, I'd actually like to see Matt do a cover of RHCP for some reason - Matt's vocals won't really fit but it could be a fun thing to watch so maybe they should get Chris or Dom to sing it. :LOL:

But surely it will be something 'new'. They haven't done any covers during this era yet (or have they?). Lithium has been done live a few times, I'd actually like to see Matt do a cover of RHCP for some reason - Matt's vocals won't really fit but it could be a fun thing to watch so maybe they should get Chris or Dom to sing it. :LOL:

I really can't see Muse doing any really popular RHCP songs. Some songs like Parallel Universe or something little heavier (for rhcp standards) would be okay probably.

I guess they normally give out tickets in pairs, unless you applied twice (you cheeky bugger :p ). I've been pretty lucky lately, went to Reading with a mate after he won tickets which was brilliant, and I've recently won a meet and greet pass for a BFMV gig (which I've given up as it was only the one).

Sorry everyone! Taking my boyfriend as he loves Muse as much as I do!

Most stressful experience. Listening to Radio 1 from 6.30am till 3pm when I got the tickets. Had to call in whenever they played a muse song, first caller through had to guess the name of the song from a lyric being read out. 5 people got it wrong and I got through on chance when they reopened the lines after someone failed. It was hell. Rang on first note and still didn't get through. Did it in the end by ringing before he said "go".

Should be fun! Only 4 pairs of tickets given away