Guitar Hero Live - Do You Think There Will Be Muse?

The_King

Do you think it will be in Guitar Hero Live?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it will be in Guitar Hero Live?

• Yes
    • No

Don't see the appeal of music games anymore considering Rocksmith exists and you can mod it. As a party game, there's a million other things to bring out before pulling out the plastic instruments that cost nearly as much as a cheap real one.

Who cares about Rocksmith, i play Rocksmith but i play Guitar Hero and Rock Band more because it is fun.

Do you watch fake tv shows? do you play Cod? Do you play GTA?

It's a game about fun, people can enjoy both.

Also does this forum not take links down to custom stuff that is illegal?

What's illegal about modding a game?

They released the custom with the audio of the song without permission.

And if it was not illegal then i would be able to go posting all over the Rocksmith forum going, download my custom song of a Led Zeppelin song that i'm sure that Led Zeppelin would be ok with.

Also if you post anything about custom songs stuff you get a warning.

They released the custom with the audio of the song without permission.

And if it was not illegal then i would be able to go posting all over the Rocksmith forum going, download my custom song of a Led Zeppelin song that i'm sure that Led Zeppelin would be ok with.

Also if you post anything about custom songs stuff you get a warning.

Also let's say that Muse hates Rock Band, would Muse like it if i made a mod or a custom song of there songs?

Saying Guitar Hero sucks because it isn't like playing a real guitar is bullshit.

If it's a fun game, it's a fun game and it is a fun game.

Fucking hell, the good Tony Hawk games aren't meant to be skateboarding simulators. They're arcade games.

Guitar Hero is an arcade game.

Also let's say that Muse hates Rock Band, would Muse like it if i made a mod or a custom song of there songs?

1) I highly doubt they care enough to hate Rock Band, as was discussed in another thread, they may well have had some kind of exclusivity deal with Guitar Hero.

2) I doubt even more that they'd care if some random guy made a custom version of one of their songs.

Who cares about Rocksmith, i play Rocksmith but i play Guitar Hero and Rock Band more because it is fun.

Do you watch fake tv shows? do you play Cod? Do you play GTA?

It's a game about fun, people can enjoy both.

Also does this forum not take links down to custom stuff that is illegal?

I don't play things I could quite easily do myself. It's the same reason I don't play sport games. They're just not my thing, it's not like I can reasonably live out some Scorsese crime film drama so that's why I play GTA and I play Battlefield and ARMA and Call of Duty precisely because I don't want to go to war.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't believe it applies. Music games just feel like a relic from another era and when you really look at things, sometimes it's easier to play the actual song than finish one of Guitar Hero's charts.

Also, the link I posted doesn't contain a download and while the file does contain the audio, you can only use that file in a modded Rocksmith PC game, which is a community that is niche as hell. Sure, with some hackery you could extract the audio, but it's much easier to download a song off a torrent site or extract it from YouTube, that is what the average person will do. The average person will not even know about this.

Most importantly, what musician is going to go after other musicians/aspiring musicians playing their music through a guitar learning/playing software? Hell, I doubt the labels will even go after these guys because it just makes them look bad.

1) I highly doubt they care enough to hate Rock Band, as was discussed in another thread, they may well have had some kind of exclusivity deal with Guitar Hero.

It's much more likely Harmonix hates them because they've been pestered about Muse for the past decade (remember that MOAR MUSE DLC pl0x thread that had over a thousand pages on their forums?) combined with the rumored exclusivity deal.

I don't play things I could quite easily do myself. It's the same reason I don't play sport games. They're just not my thing, it's not like I can reasonably live out some Scorsese crime film drama so that's why I play GTA and I play Battlefield and ARMA and Call of Duty precisely because I don't want to go to war.

The fact that it tries to map the original instruments is a minor detail in the grander design of the game. As a whole it's not too different from playing Ouendan or Audiosurf, which have no actual real life connections. You're hitting buttons in time with gems on a screen for points.

Even Harmonix seems to have realized that from their abandoning of previous efforts to bring the game closer to the real thing.

Anyways Harmonix would be stupid to ignore their most requested band because somehow every single person in the studio doesn't like them (which itself is unlikely). It's a licensing issue.