Songs you listen only to the live version

Micro Cuts from Hullabaloo. I don't listen to any other version of that song.

I used to be like that, then I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mleNDcgRVyU

other songs:

knights (wembley 07)

bliss (montreux)

muscle musem (montreux)

PiB (reading 2002)

New Born (reading 2002)

SS (earls court/pinkpop 04)

TSP (earls court)

SMBH (sheperd's bush 06)

Dead Star (rock am ring 04)

Citizen Erased (montreux)

Darkshines (reading 11)

Resistance (glastonbury)

Supremacy (brit awards...lol)

Ruled by secrecy (pinkpop 04)

Space Dementia (hullabaloo)

Reading 2011 of course...

Yeah, like Tjet said, I don't really see how that's an 'of course' :chuckle:

Weird choice if you ask me. Personally though, I don't think Micro Cuts has ever sounded better than the studio version.

Or he just likes the 2011 version.

They can like it, I'm just saying that it's an odd choice. R/L '11 was probably the worst of the modern performances of it, it's got nothing on Montreal or Download.

The visuals were pretty cool though.

Dark Shines at Reading and Leeds 2011. That extra chord :love:

The extra chord is awesome! Only downside is that the first "trumpet" solo isn't there, although it's probably my favourite ever performance of DS, and one of my favourite Muse performances, well, ever. The final "bringing me down" is really good too

After seeing some of the recent MC performances, I got all "damn... Matt's shit now..." and obviously reminisced back to the near perfect Hullaballoo performance...

... but then I started looking up other old MC performances (the Montreux one's a good example) and realized that he's been wordlessly wailing his way through it forever (he hums part of it in that video) and the videos were distracting and biasing; I always associate MC with the Hullaballoo-type "look."

The extra chord is awesome! Only downside is that the first "trumpet" solo isn't there, although it's probably my favourite ever performance of DS, and one of my favourite Muse performances, well, ever. The final "bringing me down" is really good too

Yes, it's an amazing performance! I still can't understand why they didn't keep it :( It works REALLY well live, it should've stayed. I wish it came back again...

I'd give my left arm to see Darkshines live

You've seen Citizen Erased in your first gig, you can die happy:mad:

Yes, it's an amazing performance! I still can't understand why they didn't keep it :( It works REALLY well live, it should've stayed. I wish it came back again...

Part of me kinda selfishly doesn't want them to play it again, simply to keep those performances special and make sure it retired on a high. It is brilliant live though, and it'd be nice for other people to get to see it.

They did say R/L was probs gonna be the last time they played at least a few of those songs though, and I can see Dark Shines being one of them.

You've seen Citizen Erased in your first gig, you can die happy:mad:

also no

Part of me kinda selfishly doesn't want them to play it again, simply to keep those performances special and make sure it retired on a high. It is brilliant live though, and it'd be nice for other people to get to see it.

They did say R/L was probs gonna be the last time they played at least a few of those songs though, and I can see Dark Shines being one of them.

also no

I get what you mean about not wanting them to play it again, but it'd be amazing to see it come back every once in a while. It's in my list of songs I'd like to watch live :chuckle:

Now that you mention it, I can see it being one of those songs too. Like Screenager, and probably Space Dementia too (and that one hurts my feelings only of thinking it), maybe even Megalomania (which hurts even to write it...)

Maybe no, but he's had a better setlist in one gig than me at two (Although the stadium one was amazing, but it had a lot of songs more) :(