What genre do you think Muse should try?

Aeterna

agreed so much. I'd have been happy for Exo to have been twice as long, and fuck UD, IBTY, GL

I actually wouldn't have been against Exo being longer, if it meant they did more with it (not that extra length would guarantee that though, obvs).

UD and IBTY are great though, and way better than Exo as it is.

I actually wouldn't have been against Exo being longer, if it meant they did more with it (not that extra length would guarantee that though, obvs).

UD and IBTY are great though, and way better than Exo as it is.

UD is great. IBTY, not for me

so many lols on the board tonight

Surely most people know my feelings on Exogenesis by now, this shouldn't come as a surprise :chuckle:

For reals though, it could've been really good if it really went on a journey (as much as I hate that term) and felt like it really progressed. As it is, it's just: slow and creepy but still a hint of ballad-yness > slow piano ballad with a slightly faster middle > slow piano ballad

as much as i love drones, if exogenesis symphony was expanded and made into a concept album it would have been way better. i love the story behind that song and the sound of it. it has everything i love in a muse song.

but as for genres, more of the spacey and symphonic rock stuff. more piano. but also more stuff like reapers oh man that song just gets me going. its such a good song to jam out to.

and for fun, they should totally try vaporwave or future funk. imagine that.

obviously
So talking about how something would have been better if it had been longer is silly, no?

Unless you mean they'd just repeat the already existing pieces of music until it covered like 40 minutes.

It's a bit like if Muse had just released an EP called Drones, consisting of Dead Inside, Psycho, Reapers, The Handler and The Globalist. Then people would say it would have been even better if they made it into an album, and bam you have Mercy, Revolt and Aftermath on there (nothing against those who like them)

So talking about how something would have been better if it had been longer is silly, no?

Unless you mean they'd just repeat the already existing pieces of music until it covered like 40 minutes.

It's a bit like if Muse had just released an EP called Drones, consisting of Dead Inside, Psycho, Reapers, The Handler and The Globalist. Then people would say it would have been even better if they made it into an album, and bam you have Mercy, Revolt and Aftermath on there (nothing against those who like them)

aha, no, what I meant was I would love to see an entire album in that genre

aha, no, what I meant was I would love to see an entire album in that genre
Yeah I know, I'm talking about people saying it would automatically be a better album than something else, when odds are about 3-4 songs on that symphonic album would be utter toss.

Just because it's impractical doesn't mean people aren't allowed to want it. This thread is for ideas. Use your imagination, rather than telling people what they can and can't think. This is a case of imagination and subjectivity; two things you seem to always have a problem with.

Just because it's impractical doesn't mean people aren't allowed to want it. This thread is for ideas. Use your imagination, rather than telling people what they can and can't think. This is a case of imagination and subjectivity; two things you seem to always have a problem with.

What on earth does this have to do with subjectivity?

And please give me examples of when I've had problems with subjectivity. Was it when I made fun of you for saying the poppiest singles were also the most popular, as if that wasn't redundantly obvious? Or was it when you said that The Resistance was only really well liked on this forum, before you left because I provided you with an average of about 300 positive reviews?

You can't just spew out bullshit and try to validate your opinions with made up facts and expect not to get called out on it. Opinions can't be invalidated, but reasoning and facts which you base your opinions on can.

EDIT: Oh and you DO remember that we had an argument in which you defended that you could objectively tell which music was best, and I argued that it's all subjective?

Edited by Tjet

What on earth does this have to do with subjectivity?

You said Exogenesis would be awful in an earlier post. Nobody provoked you. People said they'd like an album of it and you just said it was a shit idea.

And please give me examples of when I've had problems with subjectivity. Was it when I made fun of you for saying the poppiest singles were also the most popular, as if that wasn't redundantly obvious? Or was it when you said that The Resistance was only really well liked on this forum, before you left because I provided you with an average of about 300 positive reviews?

Every time you post you have a problem with something someone likes because you don't like it. I leave arguments when I believe that the other person is so stubborn that there's no point in carrying on.

You can't just spew out bullshit and try to validate your opinions with made up facts and expect not to get called out on it. Opinions can't be invalidated, but reasoning and facts which you base your opinions on can.

This has no relevance to this discussion.

EDIT: Oh and you DO remember that we had an argument in which you defended that you could objectively tell which music was best, and I argued that it's all subjective?

I argued that a person can think one piece of media is the best, but have another piece of media as their favourite. Your argument was that their cannot be a best and a favourite in a person's point of view. I apologised for my use of the words 'objective' and 'subjective', but even now you continue to point out a moot point. A person can think one thing is the best and that another is their favourite. That's obvious.

Edit: Most of the posts you make are pointing out little things that are unimportant in previous posts and getting unnecessarily pissed off about it. I just get sick of seeing it everywhere. You never seem happy; just getting annoyed whenever someone else says something you disagree with and insulting them.

You said Exogenesis would be awful in an earlier post. Nobody provoked you. People said they'd like an album of it and you just said it was a shit idea.
No I didn't.

Every time you post you have a problem with something someone likes because you don't like it. I leave arguments when I believe that the other person is so stubborn that there's no point in carrying on.

It has nothing to do with what I or somebody else likes. Learn to read.

This has no relevance to this discussion.

Yes it does, because that's mainly what you refer to when you talk about me having a problem with subjectivity. Unless you can come up with at least 5 examples, I suggest you keep quiet.

I argued that a person can think one piece of media is the best, but have another piece of media as their favourite. Your argument was that their cannot be a best and a favourite in a person's point of view. I apologised for my use of the words 'objective' and 'subjective', but even now you continue to point out a moot point. A person can think one thing is the best and that another is their favourite. That's obvious.

You did NOT apologise for your use of the words objective and subjective. This is literally what you said:

I'm talking about what the person considers to be objective. I don't subjectively like a song, but if think it's objectively good. I don't like it, but think it's good. I don't know why you're so touchy about this. I'm allowed to think a song is good but not enjoy it, and vice versa. It's not devaluing other opinions. I, along with others here, am free to express my thoughts on a song like this.

This is obvious stuff. It's not subjective if it isn't your opinion. If you think it's a fact, then you subjectively think it's objective.

I don't get what the uproar is about. I agree, isn't that enough for you people? Why have you got to pick apart what I'm saying and criticise it when I agree with you anyway?

Which is total nonsense.

No I didn't.

Yes, you did.

It has nothing to do with what I or somebody else likes. Learn to read.

Yes, it does. You said that an Exogenesis album wouldn't work and is a stupid idea. This page.

Yes it does, because that's mainly what you refer to when you talk about me having a problem with subjectivity. Unless you can come up with at least 5 examples, I suggest you keep quiet.

Five examples of things I didn't do? Sure, makes sense.

You did NOT apologise for your use of the words objective and subjective. This is literally what you said:

I did it later on, as I said. I apologised for my wording, but you continued to nitpick. My argument was that someone can consider something the best and have another they considered their favourite, but you couldn't come to terms with that.

Which is total nonsense.

It's not nonsense. You're literally the second most quick tempered and unhappy person I've ever met on a messageboard. Just go back to any of your posts. I'd say you have a 75% chance of coming across a post where you're getting pissed off at someone for something they said which is either subjective or has obviously been worded wrong.

Yes, you did.

Yes, it does. You said that an Exogenesis album wouldn't work and is a stupid idea. This page.

This is the point where you provide some evidence. What I said that it was silly to assume that just because you liked the quality of three songs, you'd automatically like 8 more in the same style, and that the quality is likely to drop when the number of songs increases. It's simple logic. I never said "Exogenesis would be awful", which is both a misquote and a misunderstanding. Now, I repeat, learn to read.

Five examples of things I didn't do? Sure, makes sense.

Five examples of where I have a problem with subjectivity you moron.

I did it later on, as I said. I apologised for my wording, but you continued to nitpick. My argument was that someone can consider something the best and have another they considered their favourite, but you couldn't come to terms with that.

No you didn't. Do you want me to quote every single post you made in that thread, because I will.

It's not nonsense. You're literally the second most quick tempered and unhappy person I've ever met on a messageboard. Just go back to any of your posts. I'd say you have a 75% chance of coming across a post where you're getting pissed off at someone for something they said which is either subjective or has obviously been worded wrong.

What makes you think I'm unhappy?

Unless you provide me with examples of me getting pissed off because of someone's opinion, I suggest that you keep quiet.

Edited by Tjet