Least favourite song from each album?

Reapers

I think Drones' lyrics are really ok, especially when compared to other songs on the album. Maybe because English isn't my mother tongue I don't get the cringeyness right in the face, but I never found the repeated use of the word "Drones" or the "my mother... my daughter" passage off-putting.

The song "Drones" is a work of art and musicianship at so many levels.

People criticising that song reminds me a episode of the Simpons where everybody is in a campfire and someone start to play a delicate song in the guitar, only for other guy to yell "Cut that crap, we want standard rock!"... then, the guitar player start to play some power chords and sing about getting a girl. Everybody cheers.

Yeah because that totally applies here.

People criticising that song reminds me a episode of the Simpons where everybody is in a campfire and someone start to play a delicate song in the guitar, only for other guy to yell "Cut that crap, we want standard rock!"... then, the guitar player start to play some power chords and sing about getting a girl. Everybody cheers.

Aaah, yes, the one where Homer and the others goes to a sort of "Rock 'n' Roll Camp" run by Keith Richards and other historical rock icons. :D

By the way, Drones is indeed an interesting cover, and quite haunting if you're in the right mood. I think I will get the shivers during the beginning of the concert with the glowing orbs floating around.

• 2 weeks later...

Showbiz - Um.. this is hard since I dont like most of the album.. oops

Um. I guess Sober

Origin Of Symmetry- Plug In Baby :eek:

Absolution: The Small Print

BHaR - Hoodoo

The Resistance - MK Ultra

The 2nd Law - Liquid State

Drones - Havent listened to the whole album yet

Showbiz - Um.. this is hard since I dont like most of the album.. oops

Um. I guess Sober

BHaR - Hoodoo

The 2nd Law - Liquid State

Drones - Havent listened to the whole album yet

Hoodoo, MkUltra, Liquid State, The Small Print? What?

Hoodoo isn't exactly an instant hit. I think most people overlooked it in the beginning.

Liquid State is dull, The Small Print is easily one of Muse's most unoriginal songs, and it makes them sound like just any given pop-punk band. It's fun though imo.

MK Ultra I never really got into.

So I can personally understand all those decisions. It's so weird how people on here seem to find it so difficult to see why others might feel a certain way.

The Small Print is a bit average. I prefer it to TOADA though,

Hoodoo was a slow burner but I really like it ever since seeing it live in '06, while Exo-Politics had that instant grab but then was forgetable and a throw-away sort of song.

Hoodoo is definitely a grower, I wouldn't expect anyone to necessarily love it on first listen. I don't think I did until I watched the piano version on Haarp (which, incidentally, I wish had made it onto the album). Now it's my joint #1 from their entire discography, along with Map, Assassin and TAB. Just surprising that someone likes it less than Soldier's Poem I guess, that seems like a harder song to get into and less 'grabbing' on first listen to me.

Liquid State could've been really good if it didn't sound so polished and felt a bit more complete imo.

Edited by Jobby

Soldier's Poem has a much more direct impact imo. What you hear is what you get. It's a simple and pleasant melody. Hoodoo has quite long parts where it's just Matt's voice, and tbh unless you really appreciate what is happening, it can feel very dull.

Much easier to get into SP imo.

I think Soldier's poem is beautiful,one of Matt's best vocals its a nice break in the middle from the heavier songs, so much easier on the ears(for me anyway). Hoodoo i feel, the lyrics(which i agree are good) and melody dont flow together seamlessly, but that's just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

BHaR - Hoodoo

These are some very interesting choices. I definitely don't agree with PIB but s/he's the second person who voted that song, so I guess s/he's not the only one in the world who doesn't think PIB is a good song.

The Small Print I agree with because it features probably my least favorite chorus by Muse ever.

Hoodoo, again, has previously been voted so it's not an entirely unpopular opinion (though I don't agree and I think Exo-Politics to KoC is pure gold).

MK Ultra, I've never really gotten into as well, but The Resistance is probably Muse's most average album produced [everything else by them is either bad (T2L), very good (Showbiz) or epic (everything else)], so I wouldn't be surprised if any of the tracks in there (except Exogenesis) make it to this list.

Overdue

Plug in Baby

The Small Print

Exo-Politics

USoE

Save Me

Revolt

Let me address the controversial one - I used to love PiB & to an extent, I still like it (on any other album it wouldn't be the worst track), but I just find it very repetitive, basic, it doesn't 'fit' within the flow of OOS, overplayed, overrated, radio-friendly pop music. Something like Undisclosed Desire or Madness or Dead Inside might at first seem more like the typically description of "radio-friendly pop music", but in my estimation there's a level of craft & uniqueness in those tracks that is lacking in PiB. My opinions of most Muse tracks probably falls in line with the common consensus but PiB is a major exception.

Showbiz: Overdue (I still love it though...)

Origin of Symmetry: Feeling Good (ditto what I said for Overdue)

Absolution: Endlessly

Black Holes: Soldier's Poem (Just because it's barely a song)

Resistance: Guiding Light

The 2nd Law: Big Freeze (I'm like Dom in the making of video...)

Drones: Revolt

Non-Album Songs: Neutron Star Collision (miles worse than Execution Commentary)

Showbiz: Showbiz has a few songs that are trash tier. I'll go with Filip because I didn't even want to waste four minutes of my life checking to see whether or not I think it's worse than Sober.

Origin of Symmetry: Screenager. I really like Feeling Good on the album. Screenager is much better live though. Big fan of it on Hullabaloo.

Absolution: I'll go with The Small Print. Too boring. Can't believe they picked this over Fury.

Black Holes and Revelations: Exo-Politics for the same reason as TSP. Although the vocals in this song are good. The rest is boring.

Resistance: Guiding Light. I think this one has been discussed to death.

The 2nd Law: Save Me - Wow was this boring. At least I can enjoy Bellamy's voice in Big Freeze.

Drones: Aftermath - this one was impressively boring. Like they went out of their way to make it boring.

Latest results:

Showbiz (70 votes)

Overdue – 27 votes

Sober – 14 votes

Falling Down – 9 votes

Escape – 6 votes

Hate This and I'll Love You – 4 votes

Unintended – 4 votes

Fillip – 3 votes

Uno – 2 votes

Cave – 1 vote

Origin of Symmetry (70 votes)

Feeling Good – 35 votes

Screenager – 23 votes

Darkshines – 5 votes

Plug In Baby – 3 votes

Megalomania – 2 votes

Micro Cuts – 1 vote

Space Dementia – 1 vote

Absolution (70 votes)

Endlessly – 18 votes

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist – 10 votes

The Small Print – 9 votes

Blackout – 7 votes

Ruled by Secrecy – 6 votes

Time is Running Out – 5 votes

Falling Away with You – 4 votes

Sing for Absolution – 4 votes

Intro – 3 votes

Butterflies and Hurricanes – 2 votes

Hysteria – 1 vote

Interlude – 1 vote

Black Holes and Revelations (70 votes)

Soldier's Poem – 39 votes

Exo-Politics – 10 votes

Starlight – 8 votes

Invincible – 4 votes

Hoodoo – 3 votes

Assassin – 2 votes

Take a Bow – 1 vote

Supermassive Black Hole – 1 vote

City of Delusion – 1 vote

Knights of Cydonia – 1 vote

The Resistance (70 votes)

Guiding Light – 28 votes

I Belong to You + Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix – 24 votes

Undisclosed Desires – 6 votes

United States of Eurasia + Collateral Damage – 6 votes

Resistance – 3 votes

Uprising – 1 vote

Unnatural Selection – 1 vote

MK Ultra – 1 vote

The 2nd Law (67 votes)

Save Me – 27 votes

Explorers – 12 votes

Big Freeze – 10 votes

Follow Me – 5 votes

Madness – 4 votes

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable – 4 votes

Panic Station – 3 votes

Liquid State – 2 votes

Drones (64 votes)

Drones – 21 votes

Revolt – 21 votes

Mercy – 8 votes

Aftermath – 8 votes

Defector – 4 votes

Dead Inside – 1 vote

Psycho – 1 vote

Showbiz: Fillip

Origin of Symmetry: Feeling Good

Absolution: Endlessly (It was tough to decide since I love all the songs on that album--it's my favorite Muse release)

Black Holes and Revelations: Starlight (again, by default--I love all the songs here)

The Resistance: I Belong to You

The 2nd Law: Follow Me

Drones: Revolt

HAARP: NONE OF THEM, EVERY SONG IS PERFECT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...