It's not like it's the first time they've mimed for TV.

Ya but this was the first time they mimed and I could see it live. When they played SNL it wasn't mimed.

Also Roger Taylor's drums were hilariously mimed. He was doing something completely different from what was being played.

Matt appeared so nervous. The sound was quite quiet. Either it was the sound quality or his voice was a bit tight and a couple of notes made me cringe! :( It definitely wasn't one of their best performances which was a shame since it was so high profile. :(

But hell, pressure or what?! I think it will sound huge on tour!

Who cares if the music was playback? That fucking rocked!

This.

Ya but this was the first time they mimed and I could see it live. When they played SNL it wasn't mimed.

Also Roger Taylor's drums were hilariously mimed. He was doing something completely different from what was being played.

I know he was playing his timpani at some point or something :LOL:

Did people really expect every artist to set up their gear and make sure that it all sounded okay before playing among 100 other artists in like 2 hours?

This too.

Yes, it was mimed. That was some obvious fake guitar wankery. It sounded like they used the album recording with some additional screeches recorded on top of it and a bit of an alternate ending.

It was what it was. They got blown away immediately after by Freddy Mercury and LIVE Brian May.

They definitely got blown away by footage Freddie, but Brian May was ridiculous and that performance with Jessie J was awful. But many of the anticipated performances were let downs, Spice Girls were embarrasing for example.

As for Muse, it was a weird mix of Matt being nervous and then (because he was nervous?) just making a mockery of the whole thing AND trying too hard. It wasn't terrible but I doubt that made them any new fans. Dom in particular seemed to be enjoying himself though. Eh, just another day in the Muse fandom.

Matt appeared so nervous. The sound was quite quiet. Either it was the sound quality or his voice was a bit tight and a couple of notes made me cringe! :( It definitely wasn't one of their best performances which was a shame since it was so high profile. :(

But hell, pressure or what?! I think it will sound huge on tour!

Yeah. He sounded a bit flat and nervous to begin with. Sure it will be better after hey rehearse the song properly live.

The whole ceremony wasn't great really. Oh well.

The derisive comments about them on twitter were pretty funny tbh.

Definitely sounds like they re-recorded the song for this performance. The guitar sounded different in parts and the tempo seemed a bit different to me. I thought it was great, though. And I can't wait to see it at a Muse gig where I'm sure it will be 10x better.

Archived