What halves of albums do you prefer?

simplytom

What half of albums do you prefer?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What half of albums do you prefer?

• The first half
    • The second half

Do you tend to prefer the first half or second half of Muse albums? This is actual halves not necessarily thematically or musically. I'll include extra tracks like Futurism in there as well. It won't count linking tracks like interlude either.

Showbiz: Sunburn to Showbiz vs Unintended to Spiral Static

OoS: New Born to Citizen Erased vs Micro Cuts to Futurism

Absolution: Apocalypse Please to Hysteria vs Blackout to Fury

BH&R: Take a Bow to Invincible vs Assassin to Glorious

The Resistance: Uprising to Guiding Light vs Unnatural Selection to Exogenisis

The 2nd Law: Supremacy to Animals vs Explorers to The 2nd Law

Drones: Dead Inside to The Handler vs Defector to Drones

I'm not sure what's worse, the question or the fact I'm seriously deliberating it :LOL: Absolution, first half is better (though it's a shame to get rid of RBS, TSP, TOADA, B&H and Endlessly).

B&H reckon 2nd half is better, the only song I would REALLY miss from the 1st half is Map.

Drones 1st half- but a shame to cut out Globalist and Aftermath

Origin is really hard as I love every track on that album except FG, so I'm gonna go 1st half (but a shame to get rid of Futurism, MC, Dark Shines)

TR- 2nd half even though it's got IBT fucking you

2nd Law- obvs 1st half

Showbiz- 1st half, but I love pretty much every song on that album so it's a close call (but MM, Showbiz, Cave swing it)

5 albums 1st half, 2 2nd. Not as easy I thought it would be though

For some, the first half, for others, the second. In Showbiz and OoS I like more the first halves. I love all of Abso, but I think I'm more inclined to the second half. For BH&R and The Resistance, both the second halves. T2L is a mess, so I won't say anything about it :LOL: And for Donres, I prefer the first half. So it's pretty much balanced, I won't even vote :LOL:

Well first off I refuse to count the japanese bonus tracks as part of the albums, and Fury doesn't end the album on that release anyway, it's after The Small Print.

But yeah I'd say first half for every album except for The Resistance, and BH&R is pretty even.

In my opinion, Muse usually has better first halves. I love all of their songs, but in the first half, they usually have more umph in their songs. However, for a lot of their albums, some of their best songs are in the second halves, like KOC, Exogenesis, B&H, etc. So I don't know.

Well first off I refuse to count the japanese bonus tracks as part of the albums, and Fury doesn't end the album on that release anyway, it's after The Small Print.

But yeah I'd say first half for every album except for The Resistance, and BH&R is pretty even.

I feel like I'm seeing more and more people including the bonus tracks as part of the albums and it really bothers me. I'm not sure they know they are just bonus tracks since they are included on Spotify and other things.

I feel like I'm seeing more and more people including the bonus tracks as part of the albums and it really bothers me. I'm not sure they know they are just bonus tracks since they are included on Spotify and other things.

Yeah I know they are bonus songs for Japan, it's just that I primarily listen to them on Spotify and that's the order they are in- so that's the order I have for them in my head now. Not really sure why it should bother people so much :confused:

I would assume everybody knows they're just bonus tracks but people like creating playlists and including b sides/bonus tracks in their itunes versions etc (I would presume). It's not a big deal :) I personally have swapped Feeling Good for Futurism because it makes (imo) a superior album. Sure, that's not how it was made and I listen to the CD many more times than the itunes version in any case, but it's sometimes fun to create a new album/include bonus tracks for variety