Abuse

graciegirl

Well, today I logged into the Muse forums for the first time in quite a while and I was given a sore reminder of why I don't use them anymore.

Voicing an opinion is not an open invitation for people to troll and abuse just because they disagree.

Open up a dialogue and debate by all means but why be abusive when my post didn't invite you to comment in the first place?!

Funny how I was told to grow up by a 23 year old and yet his immature comment just served to remind me how immature, arrogant and downright nasty some of the people on this forum can be.

Petty, small minded and vindictive. Other people would call that bullying and I'm surprised it's tolerated by the moderators.

Unfortunately we cannot monitor all the threads all the time that is why we asked people to report any breaking of the board rules by reporting the post.

If you have experienced this can you please report the relevant post so we can investigate and then act accordingly?

Thanks!

I didn't participate in that conversation but reading about it, and I don't find it offensive. People need to stop taking the band and themselves (as fans) so seriously. sure there are things being said which are not nice but there's no need to open threads like this which serves no purpose but to create and expand unnecessary dialog. People have different opinions. and you don't have to agree OR respect their opinions. As long as there's no personal attack on the individual (and not their opinion) there's no need to be offended. And if you are, there's a reporting tool here. It's really simple: just stop taking everything so seriously and everything will be fine.

Not having your opinion pandered to is a healthy way to grow as an individual. You learn to either back up your points or ignore those people.

Expecting opposers to be punished is a silly way of imaging the world. Do I aways agree with Dee, Fabri and Tjet? No. Should they be punished for it? No.

By that logic, you should be punished for having the opinion in the first place.

It's great to see more users speaking out against abuse and unpleasant behavior. Just because certain users are not always called out for bad behavior does not mean that it is acceptable. Hopefully we can move towards a more pleasant, welcoming community :)

Drones has been trashed in the LA Times [..]

He seemed to be slagging off the production more than anything. He does compliment Muse's musicianship, and says the album's production fails them.

[...]not only Mutt's production but the boys' efforts too.

[...]Someone call the wah-mbulance.

Mature.

[...]Grow up.

Notice how the mod is not even sarcastic. Shit mod being shit again.

For the whole drama just click on the small triangles. :awesome:

I think the whole issue comes down not to what we discuss, but how we discuss. Some stuff can come off as rude. Shocker, I know.

Edited by Strangeseas

I think the whole issue comes down not to what we discuss, but how we discuss. Some stuff can come off as rude. Shocker, I know.

It's not that it can come off as rude, often it is just plain rude. Remember that it's not your friends arguing in a pub here, there is no visual expression to go with your comment. Which is why we want people to tone it down, while you might consider it having to be overly friendly.

Err on the side of caution when posting. If you think it could come across as offensive, it probably will. Change the tone and say the same thing and there's no problem whatsoever..