Hidden Gems of The Past 3 LP's

NEWBORNchild

So it's "safe" to assume that the boards general consensus is that the past 3 albums have been "alright" at best.

(I personally love TR but that's aside my point)

Wanted to know what you guys think are the "hidden gems" of the past 3 LP's.

Here's mine...

The Resistance: Mk Ultra, Exo: Part 3

The 2nd Law: Animals, Isolated System

Drones: Reapers, The Handler

That's what I feel would be hidden gems, trying to look at it from an outside point of view.

TR: Exogenesis, Undisclosed Desires, USoE, Unnatural Selection

T2L: Madness, Animals, Isolated System, Panic Station

Drones: The Handler, Reapers, The Globalist, Dead Inside, Defector

These tracks all are wonderful, in my opinion.

Edited by topo_musero

I wouldn't call The Handler a "hidden" gem. I'd call a hidden gem something that had a so-so reaction on release and grew to be something remarkable. Like Hoodoo. The Handler hit the Muse fanbase with the force of a thousand suns. Either way if we're just talking about amazing tracks on subpar albums

TR: MK Ultra, Exogenesis

T2L: Animals, Isolated System, slightly Supremacy although it's not as good as I though at release.

Drones: The Handler, The Globalist.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

I wouldn't call The Handler a "hidden" gem. I'd call a hidden gem something that had a so-so reaction on release and grew to be something remarkable. Like Hoodoo.

The Handler hit the Muse fanbase with the force of a thousand suns.

Either way if we're just talking about amazing tracks on subpar albums

TR: MK Ultra, Exogenesis

T2L: Animals, Isolated System, slightly Supremacy although it's not as good as I though at release.

Drones: The Handler, The Globalist.

Yeah good point. I guess for me a hidden gem is something that you would say "If you like recent Muse, you need to listen to...etc" to someone who's not on board with their recent releases.

TR: Undisclosed Desires, MK Ultra, Exogenesis Pt. 3

T2L: Animals, Liquid State, Isolated System

Cant comment on Drones at the moment because it is hard to gauge what people think of the songs and it could be very different through time

Yeah good point. I guess for me a hidden gem is something that you would say "If you like recent Muse, you need to listen to...etc" to someone who's not on board with their recent releases.

Yeah that makes sense. The Handler is the song I would immediately jump to if I wanted to show someone new to Muse what their prime stuff sounds like. And then they'd be immediately disappointed when they buy Drones and find out the rest of the album is nothing like it and they need to go pick up OoS/Absolution and as many b-sides as they can find online.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd call the only really good songs on those albums hidden gems.

From this period I'd say Sign o' the Times is a hidden gem.

True, but considering most new listeners are only attracted to the singles, I feel like that's why they're considered hidden gems, because most listeners won't bother with an album. Of course to us they're probably the only good songs, but we're all different when it comes to that.

All of BH&R is a gem to me, but if I want to introduce someone to it, il say check out the last 3 songs of that album, gaht dayumm!!

:LOL: time to bust out the monocle

Well, this is just a rumor, but I heard if you look hard enough, it's said that you'll actually find good Muse songs! Some people have spent their entire lives doing so though *cough*fabri*cough* all to no avail =\