• Feeling Good
    • Megalomania
    • Apocalypse Please
    • Endlessly
    • Ruled By Secrecy
    • Hoodoo
    • United States Of Eurasia
    • I Belong To You
    • Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)
    • Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)
    • Explorers
    • The 2nd Law: Isolated System
    • Other

He performs it mainly on guitar though...with just the piano solo in the middle

:confused:

Pretty sure the whole song is on keys, bass, and drums with a backing string section and vocals.

EDIT: actually I went back and just now realized for the first time ever that he plays guitar in the song, but it's barely perceptible, especially next to the keys and piano solo.

EDIT 2: I went back and listened to the original track. Totally key based, no guitar (other than bass). The music video from 2006 features guitar and fewer keys, but it's not the official recording.

Edited by Bohemian-Cygnus-RunningOut

Performed by Matt on piano though!

I give up

All I'm saying is that if you're going to include Hoodoo, which may be performed live on piano but is mainly guitar based in the studio, thus not fulfilling both of your requirements from the OP, and Megalomania, which doesn't have a bit of piano in it, just organ (which is not the same thing at all), I see no reason not to include Butterflies and Hurricanes, which is totally piano centric in the original studio version, with added guitar in concert and in the music video.

All I'm saying is that if you're going to include Hoodoo, which may be performed live on piano but is mainly guitar based in the studio, thus not fulfilling both of your requirements from the OP, and Megalomania, which doesn't have a bit of piano in it, just organ (which is not the same thing at all), I see no reason not to include Butterflies and Hurricanes, which is totally piano centric in the original studio version, with added guitar in concert and in the music video.

You could always just vote other? :)

This one was tough. I really had to think about it. In the end, it came down to Ruled by Secrecy and Hoodoo... and they're both in my Top 10 Muse songs, so that makes it close. I ended up going with Hoodoo because I like the lyrics just a little bit more than RBS.

Cross-Pollination is actually my favorite piano work by Matt, but the meat of the track isn't piano, so I ruled it out.