Drones Survey

kueller

Completed, great survey. Absolutely loving this album; it's not perfect, but it's as close to it as Muse were ever realistically (or unrealistically) going to come following on from TR and T2L. I didn't see any of this coming three months ago. :)

Yup, lyrically, this album is by far this worst. I still think overall the album's better than the previous 2...

Would not agree with that at all. I was cringing at Showbiz (album and song even) lyrics before Muse was a cringey band that they can be at times now. Also T2L didn't really have any stellar songs lyrically, the best was probably Animals (not positive, haven't heard the album in a while) but even Animals is so-so lyrically.

Did it! I wonder if anyone will say Revolt is their favorite?

:LOL: I personally enjoy it, and I'm unashamed to say so...However, I couldn't imagine picking it as my favorite from Drones since there are other memorable tracks that are much more technically impressive. Also, my survey response is coming, but first I need to revisit some classic Muse albums for reference for the album ranking portion :D

I submitted my responses.

Full Disclosure. I work with drones for a living (anchors a way my boy...) . Well paperwork 90% nowadays. Difference is our drones get shot at, something about deploying without the guns exploding in faces and making sure they work . I have the LP and art in my office and we all find it cool that we are a topic of a muse album, the techs are like WTF, how can we get in on this :LOL:

I love the fact what i do for a living is a topic of my favorite band

I particularly like Mercy. I have had one tough life, so nice to hear something that picks me up!

Edited by FirehawkDriver

I enjoy Revolt too, and i'm not ashamed of saying it. Muse fans tend to say their last favourite song of the last album released is worst than a nuclear war. I think is overeacting.

Obviously in 20 years Muse only released one unlisteaneble song: Big Freeze.

I submitted my responses.

Full Disclosure. I work with drones for a living (anchors a way my boy...) . Well paperwork 90% nowadays. Difference is our drones get shot at, something about deploying without the guns exploding in faces and making sure they work . I have the LP and art in my office and we all find it cool that we are a topic of a muse album, the techs are like WTF, how can we get in on this :LOL:

I love the fact what i do for a living is a topic of my favorite band

I particularly like Mercy. I have had one tough life, so nice to hear something that picks me up!

First of all, I'm left wanting to know more about your work, and what the techs do...Second of all, Mercy is a "pick me up" song for you? :eek: Your life must be pretty tough then.

Disclaimer: I'm saying that because the lyrics are dark, not because I'm trying to pick on the song.

First of all, I'm left wanting to know more about your work, and what the techs do...Second of all, Mercy is a "pick me up" song for you? :eek: Your life must be pretty tough then.

Disclaimer: I'm saying that because the lyrics are dark, not because I'm trying to pick on the song.

they are painted orange, and get shot at. We repurpose mothballed drone programs for use as something to be shot at. Imagine a control equipmet that took up an entire semi due to old tech now using a single laptop, and a small comms box, set some waypoints and they pretty much fly themselves. Like i say the purpose is to save lives of people who use the weapons, not cause harm. Imagine the first thing we updated... it sounds exactly like a weed-whacker :LOL:

Edited by FirehawkDriver

Like i say the purpose is to save lives of people who use the weapons, not cause harm.

Yeah, I figured as much. It's funny how some people have reviewed this album as Muse saying "drones r bad" when really they're exploring the ideas of human manipulation/control within society or relationships using drones as a metaphor (because drones are also under "remote control").

Also, I knew there were a lot of other uses for drones but I wasn't aware that what you described was one of them. Interesting stuff!