NaZZeX

I can do this with my Squier Strat which has one string tree but I can't with my Schecter PT Diamond with 2 string trees.

Would it matter if I removed the string tree for the G and D string I wonder?

It would probably make the sound a bit louder.

I have nothing to add to this discussion except:

Try selecting your bridge pickup, and set up a high gain sound. You have to hit quite firmly; I'm not sure but I think you should also put your right hand to make some harmonics?

1:43

You don't have to do anything with your other hand, it's just simply strumming the strings with a plectrum and that's it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i've read up on this technique a bit, and some say it depends on the guitar you have, some guitars with certain headstocks and whatnot simply cannot make the sound, or some can acoustically but not when amplified (not with a lot of volume or clarity anyways) my guitar does it alright with certain settings, I find high mids and treble + medium to high distortion makes it sound ok, fuzz seems to ruin it quite a bit (though my just be my amp or guitar)

Oh and i find it helps if you mute the strings with your left hand right below the nut at the top of the neck as you strike the strings behind the nut, else you get quite a bit of noise, it doesnt sound as high pitched and screechy without the muting

Archived