NaZZeX

• 3 months later...

Sorry, didn't know where to post this...

So basically there's a techinque, which I'm guessing a lot of you guys will know, where you pluck behind the nut and get a feedback type sound. Pretty easy, but for some reason I can't do it, I'm guessing it's the strings I have on my SG.

does it at 5:29... just wondered if any of you had tips about how I might be able to do it. Ta. :)

gibson style headstocks are apparently not the best for such noises. fender style 6 a side headstocks work much better.

Ah that explains it. I'm actually getting a new guitar, a Squier Tele with FF and Fernandes Sustainer. That has the Fender type headstock so hopefully it'll work! Thanks :)

gibson style headstocks are apparently not the best for such noises. fender style 6 a side headstocks work much better.

Dare I mention the string tree?

But yeah, it works on any guitar (except for those with a locking nut) - just some will be a different pitch and some will ring out better than others.

You're all a bunch o' nutpluckers!

Just like to add that the gauge of string you use determines the pitch of plucking behind the nut. I remember a long time ago I had 9's on my les paul, and I could pluck behind the nut and get a perfect note, but it was a G#. This made it terrible for when playing in the key of Emin for obvious reasons. The pitch does matter in some cases.

Archived