Why have they tried to 'rock up' the song so much? There's more shaky cam to make it appear heavy in the Mercy video than, say, the Dead Star video. Cringey.

Well, the shaky cam it's only in the "MEEEERCY" parts :LOL::LOL:. It's more to emphasizing an emotion than to rocking up the song. I think it works, just my opinion, though :happy:

I'm wondering, why does Dom use a double bass pedal for Dead Inside? I've just seen their performance in that french program, it was great, but that caught my attention... :stunned:

Some drummers find it easier w/ one pedal, others easier w/ two. It's just a matter of personal preference. There is no wrong or right. In the end, all that matters is the sound that comes out of the drums... not the way you hit it.

Take this guy for example:

Skip to 1:00

Hopefully someone is recording the Sirius XM stream for the Webster gig

I am. Hopefully it turns out ok.

Edit: Wow, they actually skipped Madness for the stream, and kept The Groove and AP.

Edited by Tesseract

Ok which one of you works at Sirius?

They also kept SS plus all the riffs. And the mix might be the best I've heard so far for this era. I think it's actually the best recording of Animals ever, as you can actually hear the guitar unlike Rome.

This is not a "professional" review, but I quite enjoyed reading it.

Whoever wrote that has somehow expressed every bit of my feelings towards this album and muse as a whole to a tee...the only thing i dont agree with is that they rank oos above abso (but i wont fault them for that ;) thanks for sharing!

the few things i just cant get over are the blatant lyrics that sound forced most of the time. i know matt has never been the best lyricist in the world, but my god do you really need to say drones in 3/4 of your songs? i think the title of the album and all these references will make the album seem very dated years from now. It's just too literal and a basic, blatant, in your face, says-everything-it-means political album for my taste. i like a bit more...eloquence i guess you could say.

but aside from that (i can usually tune out lyrics the more i listen) the music is great...loads better than most of T2L and TR. i still dont like the pop-ish songs...they all sound the same to me. but the heavier stuff is good. They sound unique and thoughtful and interesting, rather than forced like some of the last ones *cough* supremacy *cough* survival *cough*

i agree with most everyone else that the first part of the globalist is fn awesome. gave me chills, but then the piano comes in and all i could hear was USoE and it turned me off. Lately he just doesnt have those unique piano arrangements that characterized OOS and Abso, so the always seem to fall a bit flat and sound way too similar.

God, this went on longer than i expected....in short, the album is growing on me. Most of the songs are more special, thoughtful, and interesting than the last two albums.

i havent been on the boards in forever...did this bore the pants off of you??:LOL:

Gone back to listen to "showbiz" this morning. Listening to some of the lyrics they could easily fit in on the next tour, should they want to use songs that fit with the narrative of drones.

Take uno for example :-

"Cause you could have been number one

If you only found the time

And you could have ruled the whole world

If you had the chance

You could have been number one

And you could have ruled the whole world

And we could have had so much fun

But you blew it away"

In the context of drones you could read that as The Handler's disappointment at the protagonist's defection.

Would love to see that song more in setlists as sounded great on the Psycho tour.

Finally got the actual album! Giving it a proper listen now. I probably don't have an ear for it, but so far, it doesn't seem as badly mixed as it was made out to be.

The leak was ripped horribly so it was nice to PROPERLY listen to the album.

Just having the official version has turned the album from a 6/10 to an 8/10 for me. :happy:

Whoever the guys were on here saying not to expect the actual release to sound any better than the leak need new ears. :LOL:

I downloaded about 5 "different" leaks and they were all varying degrees of awful compared to the official release.

I mean, it's not the best mixed album but it's twice as good as the leak versions I had.

The mixing on the drums is the biggest issue for me, the snare sounds pretty lifeless on some of the tracks.