Have any instrumental versions surfaced yet?

fyi: not even the full masters of the tracks are yet in warner's database (save dead inside).

all of the licenses for the tracks appear though (but none yet for the instrumentals), so we'll have to take it a day at a time...

Their best videos were actually few of the fan made ones for Animals. Nothing comes close. The prize for the Animals video contest should have been a chance to do an official video for this album.

On an unrelated note, I just managed to download the album directly from Warner without any security enforced. They really need to raise their server game.

Storywise the album couldn't be simpler, it follows a Hero's Journey format. I guess that makes it more satisfying to listen to as a whole than The 2nd Law.

That said, they've missed an opportunity on the 2nd half on the album. "Revolt" is a bit redundant; you basically have two battle cry songs next to each other with Defector and Revolt. There should've been a track where the guy and his fellow defectors actually fight the oppressors and suffer great losses. Sound-wise it could be like Reapers, which is sort of a battle song, but darker.

And now I've noticed Dee3Dee made almost the same observation as me. Whoops, back to not procrastinating I guess.

That said, they've missed an opportunity on the 2nd half on the album. "Revolt" is a bit redundant; you basically have two battle cry songs next to each other with Defector and Revolt. There should've been a track where the guy and his fellow defectors actually fight the oppressors and suffer great losses. Sound-wise it could be like Reapers, which is sort of a battle song, but darker.

Well, the way I see it is Defector is about the individual escaping while Revolt is about inspiring others to do so as well. They're about as similar thematically as Psycho, Mercy and The Handler are imo.

I don't really care too much about the concept though, it's just a small bonus for cohesion when listening to the whole thing.

I'm wondering, why does Dom use a double bass pedal for Dead Inside? I've just seen their performance in that french program, it was great, but that caught my attention... :stunned:

i can't move my foot fast enough to do that beat with one pedal.