My Deluxe Edition arrived! It's so pretty! listening from the start now, I'll let you all know what I think when I'm done. :D

Btw, I got the Dead Inside and Psycho art prints. Not the best ones, but I liked the artwork for them anyway, so I'm happy. :)

My Deluxe Edition arrived! It's so pretty! listening from the start now, I'll let you all know what I think when I'm done. :D

Btw, I got the Dead Inside and Psycho art prints. Not the best ones, but I liked the artwork for them anyway, so I'm happy. :)

Was sitting expectantly by my window waiting for the postman. Sadly he has just walked past my house. Monday it is for me then :LOL:

Edit: He came back! Lol got my deluxe!

Edited by Execution Commentary

When you get the vinyl sent to work, as you think that there's no chance of it arriving early and on a Saturday.

Check the tracking thing and it says re attempt on Monday.........

Was sitting expectantly by my window waiting for the postman. Sadly he has just walked past my house. Monday it is for me then :LOL:

Edit: He came back! Lol got my deluxe!

Win! :D

I'm on The Handler now. It's unknown territory for me after this. I'm scared. :LOL:

Let's talk about how much better than Drones
is instead.

It sounds good, I'll check it out later. Although I don't know what it has to do with Drones :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It sounds good, I'll check it out later. Although I don't know what it has to do with Drones :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nothing really. But it's always worth plugging some Oceansize, Muse fans should dig them and they deserve the love.

Got my album now as well. The stream rip was shit, the actual album is mixed really well actually, definitely one of their best albums in that regard.

Nothing really. But it's always worth plugging some Oceansize, Muse fans should dig them and they deserve the love.

Well, I've just listened "Music for a Nurse" and it's an amazing song. So, they maybe deserve some love :LOL::LOL:

That conversation about Mutt and the lyrics/solos yesterday was on point. If he's gonna tell Matt to be more direct with his lyrics, of course we're gonna end up with lines like "there are no countries left to fight and conquer, I think I destroyed them all"

also needs some love. Worlds on Fire and In These Hands are the kind of tracks I hoped to hear on Drones.

Thankfully Reapers sounds a lot like the latter :awesome:

...outrageous at parts, but that's Muse's M.O. :LOL:

As I've commented in a Facebook page, now I expect them to make an album based on 12 doom metal variations on cucaracha. Now, that would prove how outrageous they can be.

Got my album now as well. The stream rip was shit, the actual album is mixed really well actually, definitely one of their best albums in that regard.

What stream rip? I thought there only was a CD rip around (mine is).

And no the album isn't mixed well at all.

In some songs, like Reapers and Mercy, it seems they've tried to emphasize too much on instrumental dynamics. I don't know how to put it well into words... Hope someone could understand.

also needs some love. Worlds on Fire and In These Hands are the kind of tracks I hoped to hear on Drones.

Thankfully Reapers sounds a lot like the latter :awesome:

Good album, although I prefer the previous two. Their EP is probably the best EP I've heard.

Ok, finished listening to it. Absolutely love it, there's not a single track I hate. I do admit, the second half is a bit weird, but I still really like it. Definitely their most coherent album since Absolution, in my opinion. Not exactly the return to form I was expecting, but Muse are definitely back on track!

So, my ratings:

Dead Inside 9/10

Drill Sergeant + Psycho 9.5/10

Mercy 8/10

Reapers 10/10

The Handler 10/10

JFK + Defector 8/10

Revolt 7/10

Aftermath 9/10

The Globalist + Drones 8.5/10

And my album rankings:

OoS > Abosultion > BH&R = Drones > TR > Showbiz > T2L

Also did a "live" reaction to the second half, and it's here for anyone interested:

[JFK] - Nice speech, oooh, the guitar in the background is cool, strings are lovely

Defector - Awww yeah, the riff! :D Oh god, Queen. Haha, this is actually quite brilliant! "SOCIETY!!!!" Ahahahah!!! XD Oh wow, that solo is great! Loving the distorted bass too.

Revolt - Cheesy, so very cheesy. It's actually quite lovely though, no idea why people are slamming it so much. "YOU CAN GROW!!!!" XD A bit generic, if anything. What year is it?

Aftermath - This start is quite atmospheric. Still, what year is it again? Oh, that guitar is beautiful. Ok, I love this song, it's so pretty. Not Muse sounding, but I like the fact they're using a newer sound (for them), it's fresh for Muse. Actually one of my favourites I think. Ending is slightly OTT, but it works. Why does it work?!

The Globalist - Oh, liking this start, very atmospheric (yes, I know it's a "cover".) Reminds me of an older Muse track. Not sure which one. This is sounding more like KoC II so far, but that's not a bad thing. Still reminding me of an old Muse song... not sure which one. Oh yeah, that riff, amazing! So heavy!!! Piano bit actually blends well in my opinion (and the riff was the perfect length.) Definitely more USoE than anything else. Ok, slightly Explorers, but still A LOT better than that. United States of Cydonia? XD

Drones - Ok, this is actually interesting. Should've been part of The Globalist. A bit of a weird ending, goes on slightly too long.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/90126 the only songs with good dynamic range are obviously the interludes and the title track.

In some songs, like Reapers and Mercy, it seems they've tried to emphasize too much on instrumental dynamics. I don't know how to put it well into words... Hope someone could understand.

I'm not sure you're using the right words there (emphasizing the instrumental dynamics). It's quite the opposite actually. Everything is so loud.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/90126 the only songs with good dynamic range are obviously the interludes and the title track.

I'm not sure you're using the right words there (emphasizing the instrumental dynamics). It's quite the opposite actually. Everything is so loud.

I knew it. :) Now that I've been thinking in this brief time, I can articulate better: what I'm trying to say is they indeed have mixed some instrumental parts too much louder than others, making volumes unbalanced between a part of a song and the other.