You'd take Revolt and Mercy over, say, Animals and Isolated System?

Actually surprising.

I wouldn't have said so when The 2nd Law first came out, as I thought they were two of the few moments in that album that offered glimmers. But, after multiple listens Animals got a little dull, without anything to really repay repeated listens. It just lacks some kind of extra spark or beauty, feeling rather like an In Rainbows-era Radiohead b-side that goes on a touch too long. And Isolated System just sounded more and more to me like the good bridge for a song that never actually got written.

Maybe I'd take Animals. Despite its flaws it's still head and shoulders over the rest of that album.

In relation to my response to Fabri ^

As regards Mercy and Revolt: Mercy strikes me as a slightly more energetic (dare I say improved) version of Starlight. I don't love it and think its one of the weakest tracks on this album, but I don't hate it either. Revolt is... well, fuck knows! But it's so silly and so ridiculous and catchy that I can't help but laugh at it/with it. I'm at least entertained by it! I can't say that for most of The 2nd Law - which tends to veer between tedious and awful.

Edited by Static Shadows

Maybe this is a honeymoon thing but Revolt is fucking brilliant. Can't remember the last Muse song that made me smile this much.

Catchy. As. Fuck.

So with Revolt all but confirmed to be a single, do you guys think that this will mean Revolt being a setlist staple?

Probably, I wouldn't mind tbh.

Maybe this is a honeymoon thing but Revolt is fucking brilliant. Can't remember the last Muse song that made me smile this much.

Catchy. As. Fuck.

I love it too :awesome:

I especially love the "you can revolt" melodies in the chorus, in particular the last one.

I wouldn't have said so when The 2nd Law first came out, as I thought they were two of the few moments in that album that offered glimmers. But, after multiple listens Animals got a little dull, without anything to really repay repeated listens. It just lacks some kind of extra spark or beauty, feeling rather like an In Rainbows-era Radiohead b-side that goes on a touch too long. And Isolated System just sounded more and more to me like the good bridge for a song that never actually got written.

Maybe I'd take Animals. Despite its flaws it's still head and shoulders over the rest of that album.

In relation to my response to Fabri ^

As regards Mercy and Revolt: Mercy strikes me as a slightly more energetic (dare I say improved) version of Starlight. I don't love it and think its one of the weakest tracks on this album, but I don't hate it either. Revolt is... well, fuck knows. But it's so silly and so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh at it/with it. I'm at least entertained by it! I can't say that for most of The 2nd Law - which tends to veer between tedious and awful.

Sorry I missed the earlier post because of shit internet.

Well what can I say other than "I disagree" :LOL: Revolt is perhaps the worst song I've heard by anyone in the last couple of years.

Hi! I lurked a lot before The Resistance, wrote something before The 2nd Law, and even had some important info before Drones (however, toady I don't remember what was it:LOL:), but my account became inactive and I had some problems with registering...

But now I succeeded, and did it, because I thought you may have interesting questions to the band I could use, as I am having an (probably video) interview with Muse before their gig at Orange Warsaw Festival (yes, greetings from a Polish journalist and a fan, it's gonna be a funny one:D)

PS I think "The Handler" is now my favourite ahead of "Reapers"! (still prefer the first few LPs though...)

What are the exclusive prints randomly inserted into deluxe editions?

http://imgur.com/a/TZCgm#WPzZ2Mm

Got my deluxe edition today. I got The Globalist and Drones artwork. The two best in my opinion.

for some reason, i'm finding it hard to break the seal on mine...

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

there is going to be at least one person, probably more, out there who is going to want to collect all 10 prints. wonder how that's going to shake down...

Edited by frutiger75

This sticks out like a sore thumb. Doesn't look good at all either.

acX9IcT.png

Are you kidding me? Is great

It also has a hidden message, brush your teeth, or they will fall like the bombs in that picture.

Good music and health care :happy: