Indeed. It works better as a whole. But the overall quality of songs is quite a bit worse for me.

Nah. I'd take everything in Drones bar Aftermath over everything in The 2nd Law. And that's not even to say I rate this album particularly highly! I just really hate The 2nd Law.

And as a coherent whole, as you say, Drones is easily better.

seems a bit soon after the last one? but maybe

There's been one for every album apart from Showbiz and TR (and even that was 'cause something fucked up, iirc), so it's not unlikely. Only thing that might stop them would be the fact that the Live At Rome DVD flopped commercially.

Nah. I'd take everything in Drones bar Aftermath over everything in The 2nd Law. And that's not even to say I rate this album particularly highly! I just really hate The 2nd Law.

And as a coherent whole, as you say, Drones is easily better.

You'd take Revolt and Mercy over, say, Animals and Isolated System?

Actually surprising.

Drones is a great album for me, especially after T2L.

I can actually listen to the album in order from start to finish without wanting to skip anything. First time since BH&R.

Reapers and The Handler are incredible. I enjoy Revolt, Dead Inside and Mercy. Defector, Psycho and The Globalist are also great. Aftermath and Drones are the only real ones I could live without, but even so, they're good pieces of music and have grown on me a lot.

Fabri says it's the worst album. That means nothing. For me it's their best and most focused work since BH&R (or maybe even Abso).

Also, welcome back Fabri. ;)