I love this album! Reapers -> The Handler -> Defector is just perfect. The rest grows on you for sure. Only two tracks that I don't like (Aftermath, Drones) which is fewer than T2L.

I haven't listened beyond The Handler yet but looking at the reactions I think I'll probably like most of the 2nd half. It's only really Revolt that's worrying me. Although I expect the hatred reactions here are a little over the top.

I haven't listened beyond The Handler yet but looking at the reactions I think I'll probably like most of the 2nd half. It's only really Revolt that's worrying me. Although I expect the hatred reactions here are a little over the top.

I think everyone (including myself) got over hyped over the first half. The second half is really not bad at all, it's just not expected. :)

I think people just didn't expect a song like Revolt the most. It's like The Killers or something, which isn't a bad thing in my eyes. It's very catchy!

I mean, I don't think it's the worst song Muse have ever made, but it's kind of like the SMBH/USoE/Survival of the album in that it's so silly and unexpected that I burst out laughing when I first heard it. :LOL:

I kind of love how Muse are still able to do that.

Edited by funkadelic

I think everyone (including myself) got over hyped over the first half. The second half is really not bad at all, it's just not expected. :)

I think people just didn't expect a song like Revolt the most. It's like The Killers or something, which isn't a bad thing in my eyes. It's very catchy!

Interesting! I reckon I'll probably like it, I mean I am a self-confessed fan of NSC, GL and BF so :LOL::D

I mean, I don't think it's the worst song Muse have ever made, but it's kind of like the SMBH/USoE/Survival of the album in that it's so silly and unexpected that I burst out laughing when I first heard it. :LOL:

USoE is probably the best out of the three you listed there. Always gets me hyped that song

Right after about 5 listens of the album as a whole...

Dead Inside - 7.5/10

Psycho - 6.5/10

Mercy - 6/10

Reapers - 9/10

The Handler - 9/10 - the end minute or so almost reduced me to tears its that good

[JFK] + Defector - 6.5/10

Revolt - 5/10

Aftermath - 7/10

The Globalist - 7.5/10

Drones - 6/10

Overall 7/10. Reapers and The Handler really got my hopes up and I feel let down a little. I scoffed a little bit yesterday when the guy who went to the Triple J listening party said the first half of the album is better. After hearing the whole album, i'd have to agree with him.