So, The Globalist is really not a very original piece of music... The beginning is, of course, heavily Morricone, but the entire ending is pulled straight from Elgar's Nimrod. Not sure how I feel about that.

Muse blatantly quoting/copying a piece of classical music? Well I never!

I actually think the fact that it is a straight copy saves it, mind

BHaR/OoS>Abso>Drones, TR, T2L, Showbiz

Defector was OK, Revolt was awful, Aftermath was decent, probably a grower, TG was kinda disappointing... The riff ended way too soon. Drones is gash too.

People hating on the title track clearly don't appreciate the musicianship there, regardless of the lyricism. It's wonderful.

Aftermath sounds quite nice musically. Definitely some U2 vibes, which is okay by me since I love U2's music :awesome: ...these impressions are based on just the general sound though, as I intentionally ignored lyrics as much as possible. So I'm not looking forward to finding out that the lyrics are a pile of steaming horseshit that will ruin my liking of the song :LOL:

So, The Globalist is really not a very original piece of music... The beginning is, of course, heavily Morricone, but the entire ending is pulled straight from Elgar's Nimrod. Not sure how I feel about that.

I knew I recognised it from somewhere. :chuckle:

Well, forced myself to listen to whole Revolt and I think people will be more into it after some time.

It's terrible.

Drones (the track), that is.

Revolt is terrible.

This has been a terrible night.

Well, I get stuck in the middle of Revolt for dinner (I wasn't enjoying it a lot, at least Defector was cool), but I'll try to listen to it with my mind open. Wish me luck! :LOL:

I haven't heard a single fucking song that I wouldn't say bombs everything since BHaR out of the pond. It's fantastic. Even Revolt has a nice little mainstream pop rock charm to it, for me.

Muse blatantly quoting/copying a piece of classical music? Well I never!

Haha very true. I was just making the point that a large chunk of the song (both beginning and end) was really just pulled from other sources.

I haven't heard it yet but I refuse to believe this album is as bad as people are making out. It just simply can't be. Surely...

I haven't heard it yet but I refuse to believe this album is as bad as people are making out. It just simply can't be. Surely...

It's not. Majority of reviews on here are mostly mixed to positive anyway lol.

I think the next album should be a concept album based upon wether the Muse forum will actually ever like another Muse album post 2004

After The Handler expectations raised way too high :LOL:

Drones - Very weird and sounds totally out of place IMO

Matt sounds good though...

5/10

Thought you meant the entire album then :LOL:

One thing that definitely disappoints me is that the heavy part in The Globalist is so damn short...Why...It sounded so good...

People hating on the title track clearly don't appreciate the musicianship there, regardless of the lyricism. It's wonderful.

Yeahhh, coz I have to appreciate musicianship to like the song. Cheers m8.

I think the next album should be a concept album based upon wether the Muse forum will actually ever like another Muse album post 2004

And there will be a 15 min prog nightmare about the rise and fall of JJ as The Deliverer

Edit: And another about DeLarge. And one about Adele