By the way, judging from what i remember of the leaked making of, it seems like the intro with whistling and stuff is only 1 minute long, more or less, while the slide and acoustic part (which looks promising) might be way longer (something like 3 minutes i'd say). Can't really tell about the rest

I like how that bit sounds in the Making Of but that still seems waaaaay too long.

Well the ennio intro is like 2 minutes, so that means we have an orchestrated 4 minute surprise with that slide bit and whatever bridges that to the countdown. I'm sure that'll be interesting since I don't see that just happening out of nowhere. Fits the narrative as well since its a rise and fall, a guy can only nuke the world for so long lol

I love how these two songs have literally overnight become reference points for "true fans" :LOL:

I wanted to know how much he liked them, so I could be more hyped for Defector if so (clearly suggesting it's very good)... But yeah pretty much :LOL:

Can someone give us a fail count "as of now" progress report? I'm curious as to how things are shaping up seeing as we're 1/3 of the way through :LOL:

:)

GuidingLight93 336

MuseMarc 205

Citizen Erased #01 180

jonisdead 125

k024er7 91

AdamCee 61

lewisfielding 59

tdrunner95 55

Archer29 55

Tobiiiaaas 53

Muser Liverbird 53

Mr Problematique 50

topo_musero 49

DramaQueen. 48

Matthijs 47

rainer219 47

Old Man Pigeon 47

lurkinglurker 42

mattestro. 38

googoogee 38

MrPsycho 37

JimmyCake 35

howardm93 35

kc2rxo 33

PlugInYorkie 33

baswoom 32

heyjackk 29

danielmuse12 29

Captain Radiator 25

Tesseract 25

Ok since its coming out so soon, and orders have been shipped, here we go:

Ive listened to it once through, so bear with me, Im still trying to soak it in, and properly remember my initial thoughts

To clarify! its all Amazing, but enjoyed the first half the best. I feel its a great comeback album for muse. Right now on par with BHAR.

As for the songs you haven't heard:

-Defector- surprisingly hits hard, queen like bursts of vocals, with great leads. Found myself headbanging alot. (reminds me of Prague). Ends with a JFK segment. Defs one of my favs! production is spot on. Tight lyrics in the chorus, basically saying to go against society

-Revolt: The "Guiding light" of this album for me, with lyrics like" "you've got strength, you've got soul, you're not afraid, you're not a drone". From memory it felt like an "inspirational pop song"

-Aftermath- Reminded me of Chris Issacks- Wicked games, with the slide guitar and clean leads. The love song of this album.

-The Globalist- Started off with the Ennio morricone instrumentals of course, leading into the Assassin style riffage (which was badass, especially with the countdown), but from memory it felt kind of shortlived, as it then goes into Piano and vocals, reminding me of USOE and Hoodoo. (Overall not what I expected, but still good).

-Drones- Layers of Matt vocals, was kind of eerie, odd close to the album

-Throughout the album, I noticed "baby" was used as a lyric alot

-Pretty tight in terms of production and concept.

Overall, this was my impressions from one listen. But I wont rate it, since I NEED a second listen, since my memory is a bit foggy. But I really enjoyed it! Cheers Muse.

For those who missed it :)

:)

GuidingLight93 336

MuseMarc 205

Citizen Erased #01 180

jonisdead 125

k024er7 91

AdamCee 61

lewisfielding 59

tdrunner95 55

Archer29 55

Tobiiiaaas 53