Poll: How will you listen to Drones? CD or Vinyl and WHY?

rainer219

Listening to Drones on CD or Vinyl? Comment Why.  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Listening to Drones on CD or Vinyl? Comment Why.

• CD
    • Vinyl

I'll be listening to a 320 MP3 copy because I'm a plebeian who can't really tell the difference beyond 128 :(

No no, you're not inferior because of that haha I reckon the general populace cannot really tell the difference these days because everyone just sticks to their iPods and streaming.

Either MP3, because its convenient, or CD, because I'm not a pretentious fuck.

How is getting vinyl at all pretentious?

Reasons people may get vinyl:

1. The artwork and design, on that scale too.

2. It's nice to hold, look into and open up.

3. Drones has 2 or 3 tracks per side on each vinyl disc, potentially and likely meaning greater groove broadness and depth for dynamics and bass.

4. Some people enjoy the sound of the needle.

There is no need to be rude here.

None of them, CD will be brickwalled as hell and I can't stand the pops and clicks on vinyl, I'll be listening to the hi-res version (I'm just hoping is like the 2nd law, with no clipping at all)

So iTunes? I'm curious as to what this hi-res version is!

Going Vinyl this time.

2 Reasons:

1. I've already made a promise to not listen to it if it leaks or anything. This one I want to sit down and enjoy from start to finish, thus I want to wait for me to recieve the LE box set

2. My vinyl player is set up to a top notch speaker system so as to (hopefully) provide the best way to listen to it.

Afterwards il download the HQ album and listen to it with headphones!

How is getting vinyl at all pretentious?

Reasons people may get vinyl:

1. The artwork and design, on that scale too.

2. It's nice to hold, look into and open up.

3. Drones has 2 or 3 tracks per side on each vinyl disc, potentially and likely meaning greater groove broadness and depth for dynamics and bass.

4. Some people enjoy the sound of the needle.

There is no need to be rude here.

Just having a little fun! I know collecting vinyl is a big thing to a lot of people.

Just having a little fun! I know collecting vinyl is a big thing to a lot of people.

Ah fair enough - the internet doesn't quite convey tone so well so your message came across as rude, is all! :p

Another thing I forgot to add to the list was listening to the album without ease to skip a track or two.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question

If I pre-order the CD+DVD version of Drones will it definitely arrive on the 8th? I go on holiday on the afternoon on the 9th and really want it on my ipod for when I go. As far as I'm aware you don't get digital codes for the whole album with the CD+DVD? Should I wait and just get the standard CD at my local store or is it worth the risk pre-ordering?

Why's that?

I have no idea. It just wouldn't go past that. Some days later, it worked correctly. The CD was okay, since I blasted it when I reached home. I still remember the Cornetto strawberry ice cream I ate whilst listening to it.