Drones to be the first Muse album without piano songs?

Stanmr

As piano is one of my favourites instruments, I really want to hear more piano-driven songs. I know that section on The Globalist, but to me (and I think to OP too) it's not enough. I'd love soooooo much a dark full piano song, in the style of SD and AP. That would be heaven for me:LOL:

Still, what I've heard of this album makes me think I'm gonna love it with or without piano, so I'm not making a big deal about it.

• 1 month later...

Since The Globalist feels like it's three songs put together to me, rather than one flowing song, I'm going to say the third part of The Globalist is piano, which is four minutes worth. That's pretty much as song. If you don't count that, then this would be the first album without a 'piano song'.

As piano is one of my favourites instruments, I really want to hear more piano-driven songs. I know that section on The Globalist, but to me (and I think to OP too) it's not enough. I'd love soooooo much a dark full piano song, in the style of SD and AP. That would be heaven for me:LOL:
I agree. :love:

• 1 month later...

I think there is a lack of piano in Drones, especially a piano break like Butterflies.

I think the piano is not the same today than formerly. Before The Resistance, we had Space dementia, Butterlies, Ruled By Secrecy... After TR, we have I Belong to you, Explorers, The Globalist. I think we have here two different genres, the first is more dark, emotional, the second is more rythmic, not to say like a Noel song. I prefer the first period and I miss this period

I think there is a lack of piano in Drones, especially a piano break like Butterflies.

I think the piano is not the same today than formerly. Before The Resistance, we had Space dementia, Butterlies, Ruled By Secrecy... After TR, we have I Belong to you, Explorers, The Globalist. I think we have here two different genres, the first is more dark, emotional, the second is more rythmic, not to say like a Noel song. I prefer the first period and I miss this period

Not sure how it's more rhythmic, but yeah he definitely writes sappier piano songs these days.

As for me, ALL live fully piano versions of Muse songs sound MUCH better than the original : Hoodoo, Screenager, Endlessly, Sunburn and so forth... If a song ( or any part of it ) was originally written for the guitar, it doesn't mean they will always play it this way. Who knows, Aftermath may also become a piano ballad...