Drones to be the first Muse album without piano songs?

Stanmr

As the title says, i haven't seen anyone discuss or realize about this.

We've heard 4 out of 12 songs, although that we know that JFK/Drill Sergeant are just speeches and Drones is a capella, making that 4 out of 9 intrumental songs, and we know about each song on the album thanks to some listening parties reviews, and none of them describes a full piano driven song. Sure we have (at least and as far as we know) The Globalist which has a piano section, but still the song lives up to guitar riffs/chords.

And this annoys me because every Muse album has great piano songs, hell, i even adore Explorers.

Whats your opinion? Or did i miss the part where it says there is at least a full piano song?

PD: excuse my english.

If that's the case, then yeah, I'll be slightly disappointed because Matt pulls off some amazing piano playing, no matter how simple or chaotic.

I'll miss it, this album, but it's also a bit refreshing having a guitar-centred album - the first since... ever?

Showbiz had Sunburn.

OoS had Space Dementia (and CE)

Abs had AP, SFA (in a way), B&H, RBS

BH&R had Starlight (partially) and Hoodoo

TR had USoE, IBTY, Exogenesis Pt. 2 and 3

T2L had Prelude, Survival, Explorers, IS.

Drones has just a section in The Globalist. Also Mercy (partially)

I think JFK might have some piano and strings in the background though. Revolt and Aftermath are possibly piano-involving songs too.

Edited by rainer219

If that's the case, then yeah, I'll be slightly disappointed because Matt pulls off some amazing piano playing, no matter how simple or chaotic.

I'll miss it, this album, but it's also a bit refreshing having a guitar-centred album - the first since... ever?

Showbiz had Sunburn.

OoS had Space Dementia (and CE)

Abs had AP, SFA (in a way), B&H, RBS

BH&R had Starlight and Hoodoo

TR had USoE, IBTY, Exogenesis Pt. 2 and 3

T2L had Prelude, Survival, Explorers, IS.

Drones has just a section in The Globalist.

I think JFK might have some piano and strings in the background though. Revolt and Aftermath are possibly piano-involving songs too.

If you used Starlight as an example for black holes, then you can also include mercy for drones.

If we're counting anything with a bit of piano in it then OOS had Dark Shines as well. Even Muscle Museum and HTAILY have a little bit on Showbiz.

Personally though, I wouldn't really call something a 'piano song' unless it's prominent throughout the song (AP, RBS, USOE, etc.)

If we're counting anything with a bit of piano in it then OOS had Dark Shines as well. Even Muscle Museum and HTAILY have a little bit on Showbiz.

Personally though, I wouldn't really call something a 'piano song' unless it's prominent throughout the song (AP, RBS, USOE, etc.)

Yes, i meant prominent/full piano driven songs. :stunned:

I hate how I mention a number of songs on each album with decent amounts of piano (aside from Starlight), and a bunch of people jump on and say, 'OH BUT THIS TOO AND THIS AND THIS', even if some of the songs featured one bar of piano *cough*Dark Shines*cough* That wasn't the point.

The point is that Drones is predominantly guitar-centred with only a section in The Globalist, excluding the Mercy motif.

I hate how I mention a number of songs on each album with decent amounts of piano (aside from Starlight), and a bunch of people jump on and say, 'OH BUT THIS TOO AND THIS AND THIS', even if some of the songs featured one bar of piano *cough*Dark Shines*cough* That wasn't the point.

The point is that Drones is predominantly guitar-centred with only a section in The Globalist, excluding the Mercy motif.

People only started doing that because you listed songs like Starlight and Sing For Absolution :erm:

Also, Dark Shines has piano all the way through the chorus but okay.

People only started doing that because you listed songs like Starlight and Sing For Absolution :erm:

Also, Dark Shines has piano all the way through the chorus but okay.

About Dark Shines, I never paid attention to the piano in the chorus, which is why I said what I did. I stand corrected there.

And my point is and was that Drones has hardly anything - I was emphasising the point. I didn't mean to do a committed research in checking each song for a certain % of piano in it.

I'd only really count the predominant ones. Darkshines and Screenager have a lot of piano but the guitar is clearly the main instrument. Citizen Erased might be a middle case since its piano portion is a good chunk of the song. The Globalist would fit the same. But like New Born, it's not a majority.

Pretty much every song on Showbiz has piano. But yeah I don't really count a song as a "Piano song" unless Matt's main instrument live is piano. Dunno why we're counting songs like Starlight and SFA.

Pretty much every song on Showbiz has piano. But yeah I don't really count a song as a "Piano song" unless Matt's main instrument live is piano. Dunno why we're counting songs like Starlight and SFA.

We're not. Not any more. Why are we still talking about this? -.-"

Agreed.

Wonder whether on the main tour they'll whip out the piano again

I think they will, I'm hopeful as Apocalypse Please was played and it seems to fit the theme of the Drones album as far as we know it quite well.

I don't think that Radio 1 was representative of the whole of next tour.

If The Globalist has 3 odd minutes of piano driven material, which is likely, that means with has more piano than BHaR, really, and that's assuming there's next to zero piano everywhere else on the album.