Gigwise 20/05/15 - Matt Opens Up About "Feeling Alone"

Furygirl

http://www.gigwise.com/news/100669/matt-bellamy-kate-hudson-split-&-loneliness-on-muse-drones---interview

But on the outside he's the greatest guy. :supersad:

Matt Bellamy has spoken out about his split from actress and former-partner Kate Hudson, his teenage years after his parents split and about how Muse's upcoming album Drones was inspired by 'reconnecting with feeling alone'.

The Muse frontman and Hudson began a relationship in 2010, before having son Bingham Hawn Bellamy in July 2011. They were engaged, but confirmed their separation in December of last year.

"Look, we had a great relationship, she’s a lovely person, we’re better off as friends," Bellamy tells NME.

However, Bellamy does state that their separation had no specific influence on their upcoming album, Drones - but rather that it led him to 'reconnect with any time he felt alone or outside'.

"It’s difficult for me to pinpoint anything on the album specifically about that," he continued. "Except that when someone suddenly finds themselves outside of a relationship, they ponder things, they think over the points in their lives when they think things didn’t go the way they expected them to.

"It’s the fact that I reconnected with all the points in my life where I felt alone or outside."

Speaking of how he re-assessed his life following their split, the singer and guitarist revealed: “I always go for walks in the countryside. The South Devon countryside… I used to go letter-boxing actually.”

(For those of you who don't know, letter-boxing is the rural hobby of searching for clues in boxes)

He also took the time to look back on his teenage years and his parents separating: “When I think about my teenage years, when my parents broke up, and feeling alone and being out of control and having to survive… And then other times when you’ve had to find your own way… that’s always been a dominant theme in what I’ve done.”

Quizzed on how he feels now, he added: "Yeah… I’m getting there. Definitely in the last few months I’ve been feeling much better. Actually, I’ve been feeling really good…”

Bellamy had previously revealed that the single 'Dead Inside' was inspired by "a relationship ending and a person becoming dead inside themselves".

He went on: "I went very internal, very into my paranoias, weird feelings and life experiences. It’s quite personal. There isn't a lot of love on this album."

Gigwise is shameless...

This was NME. Idk why gigwise just copy pasted it. Regardless we don't know if there was persistence, but honestly writing a song like Dead Inside begs the comparison between a public acknowledgement of the end of things and a very public song that seems to nod back to that. Not saying it's justified for anyone to dig deeper but it's to be expected, if it did happen

The shameless part is not only the fact that every single thing Gigwise prints is a blatant plagerisation, but that they took one personal question (that Matt pretty much dodged) and used it as a click bait headline to draw in the celeb gossip crowd.

Keep in mind Furygirl shortened the headline. The full one is much worse.

The shameless part is not only the fact that every single thing Gigwise prints is a blatant plagiarization, but that they took one personal question (that Matt pretty much dodged) and used it as a click bait headline to draw in the celeb gossip crowd.

Keep in mind Furygirl shortened the headline. The full one is much worse.

Yeah I agree with you. It's pretty dumb.

But it isn't about almost all the "music" journalism is about? The life of the musicians, their lovers and their clothes.

Is really hard to read something exclusively about music this days.

Unfortunately yeah. Nevertheless that only really applies to media that rely on print publications to gain traction I think. Sites like Pitchfork don't really need anything like that to gain viewership.

Well the bit about Kate was unnecessary but I thought the rest was kind of interesting, even if it only came about because of the Kate question. However, I didn't realize it was basically a portion of the NME article because I haven't read the NME interview yet.

The NME one is better, and it's pretty obvious they're going to ask the Kate questions.

It made me uncomfortable to read, but NME did leave in some cues that Matt was unhappy with the question, and I noticed Gigwise edited those out, too.

What bothered me is using her name in the headline for this rehash. It feels... dehumanizing, I guess.

The NME one is better, and it's pretty obvious they're going to ask the Kate questions.

This is the NME one though, just (rotten) cherry picked by Gigwise to get some clicks.

NME isn't a saint when it comes to fluffing up content that's not their own either. They manage to creative fictitious Q&As out of a few tweets.