Favourite song on Black Holes and Revelations?

Mattestro

Favourite song on Black Holes and Revelations?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite song on Black Holes and Revelations?

• Take a Bow
    • Starlight
    • Supermassive Black Hole
    • Map of the Problematique
    • Soldier's Poem
    • Invincible
    • Assassin
    • Exo-Politics
    • City of Delusion
    • Hoodoo
    • Knights of Cydonia
    • Glorious

I don't think there's a more universally agreed on Muse song than Map of the Problematique. There are people who hate Exogenesis, Citzen Erased, Knights of Cydonia and a host of other songs that are generally considered good by Muse fans. But it seems that everyone loves Map

Map is so much better than all 3 of those that it hurts.

Map, Invincible, Assassin, TAB, Hoodoo and COD are all perf <3

Glorious and Easily are noice too.

That's tricky. My answer would be pretty biased because it was my first Muse' album I've ever listened to it whole, and that urges me to choose it all.

But excluding Knights... I'd go with Take A Bow, or Map, or SMBH.

So excluding your favourite?

I've missed lists :happy:

Possibly one of the hardest albums to do this for since I don't hate any of the songs on it so let's go.

10) Soldier's Poem- Not that's bad or anything but a song did need to be put in last place. I nice soothing break I like to think of it.

9) Starlight- It's not that bad- just got burned off hearing it so many times.

8) Invincible- The solo is kind of cool.

7) Exo-Politics- I like it (although would quite like to hear the original version with riff and whatever)

6) Knights of Cydonia- The fact that this is 6th is a telling sign of the quality of the album in general.

5) City of Delusion- I WILL AVENNNNGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So much energy in this song.

4) Hoodoo- Beautifully haunting.

3) Map of the Problematique- It's high up because it's Map. Got a problem-atique with that.

2) Assassin- So fast-paced and crazy and awesome. Dom is such a beast on the drums.

1) Supermassive Black Hole- the one that got me into them.

perhaps with some added beef. But yeah like you said it's just because it's barely been played live that I really want to see it

Well, that's not quite what I said :p I just meant I have a weird soft spot for anything to do with BH&R, so even if it's not great I'd like to see it. I'm not usually that bothered about how rare something is.

I'm genuinely thinking about trying to meet them again at some point during the week of London dates solely for the purpose of asking them about an anniversary gig next year. T'would make my life.

Map of the Problematique

Easily (their best B-Side in my opinion)

Supermassive Black Hole (I know this probably isn't a popular opinion but I love it)

Hoodoo

Assassin

Knights of Cydonia

Glorious

Invincible

Take A Bow

Starlight

City of Delusion

Exo-Politics

Crying Shame

Soldiers Poem

Other than Map, everything else is pretty interchangeable. I even like Soldiers Poem. BH&R is probably the most consistent album they've ever done, though doesn't hit the heights that Absolution & OOS reach (Map aside).